Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X-COM XCOM 2 + War of the Chosen Expansion Thread

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Modders will fix it™: http://www.pcgamer.com/why-xcom-2-is-going-to-be-huge-for-modders/

"We're providing a tool for Steam that anyone who buys the game will be able to get," McFall tells the audience. "It works kind of like the mod tools for Civilization." XCOM 2 players will have access to a Visual Studio isolated shell app that can build mod projects. Going further, Firaxis will ship the Unreal editor that they used to build the game. Finally, the studio will provide the script source code and around 50GB of game assets.

"The key for us is that you guys, when XCOM 2 comes out, have the same game that we have when we developed it," Solomon tells the crowd. "You have the same tools that we have; you use the editor that we use; you have all the assets that the incredible content team created. We want you guys to help us make XCOM 2 better."

During a Q&A at the end of the panel, one fan asked if the tools would be flexible enough to create a co-op mod. And it turns out that yes, they would. Modders would need to supply their own matchmaking server, but otherwise, the possibility is there.

Fucking mages man, they are the worst.
What game is that anyway?
Oh waiit....

Age of Wonders 6

archon_alt.gif

Archon Floater

alignment.gif
Alignment: Pure Good
type.gif
Type: Highman Unit
level.gif
Level / Upkeep: 4 / 16
installation.gif
Cost: - / 26
No Medal
attack.gif
damage.gif
defence.gif
resistance.gif
move_walk.gif
hits.gif
Silver Medal
silvermedal.gif

attack.gif
damage.gif
defence.gif
resistance.gif
move_walk.gif
hits.gif
Gold Medal
goldmedal.gif

attack.gif
damage.gif
defence.gif
resistance.gif
move_walk.gif
hits.gif

Abilties: Death Immunity, Floating, Holy Strike, Holy Wrath, Holy Bolts, Holy immunity, Strike, Vision III, Turn Undead.

Disgruntled

Savant
Finishing up an EW run recently got my Xcom 2 hype up, especially with the new random system and campaign map. My only complaint is keeping the sterile art style but I should hopefully get over it once this playthrough is well behind me.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
The angel feels like the aliens started to go with psychological warfare. Angel, an embodiment of good and justice, coming to reap humanity.

Unwanted
Shitposter
Nazi death cult center of jew medicine avoidance
New enemy types

https://xcom.com/news/dangerous-deity-the-archon-in-xcom-2

https://xcom.com/news/the-advent-shieldbearer-stands-its-ground-in-xcom-2

The archon looks like something from bayonetta

xcom2_archon_concept.jpg

That ain't no XCOM unit I ever seen.
I can't do pulp fiction. Fuck it.

Archon and shitbeater are really pushing this game into a weird area.

The lumpy dude and other stupid meme shit from the first one don't help anything either. They really could not have screwed up the monsters more - or so I thought. Now it's even worse :lol:

Zeriel

Arcane
Like thin man and WoW Orc as a Muton?

X-Files is meme shit now? And mutons predate World of Warcraft by about 10 years. They were muscled purple dudes in skintight jumpsuits in the original. All that really changed was that they look less human in XCOM and have the jumpsuits replaced by armor.

I've touched on this before, but I really feel like if X-COM were released in this day and age everyone here would be ripping apart its artstyle. Just about every "cartoony" complaint I saw about XCOM applies just as much to the original.

Last edited:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Yeah, old mutons did look pretty silly.
I prefer the 2012 Mutons, to be honest.

The new muton is a dickhead. No, really, his head looks like a glans. I cannot take him seriously.
Also, lol at Gears of War-bayonet-style plasma rifles.

ColCol

Arcane
Man, I don't want to keep spoiling the aliens for myself, but I can't help it.

Zeriel

Arcane
Yeah, old mutons did look pretty silly.
I prefer the 2012 Mutons, to be honest.

The new muton is a dickhead. No, really, his head looks like a glans. I cannot take him seriously.
Also, lol at Gears of War-bayonet-style plasma rifles.

The concept art looked a lot better:
KKfLBoC.png

Aside from making him smaller, the biggest alteration was changing the head/face. Not sure why they went the way they did. Then again, I remember the XCOM screenshots were always hideous to me. Then when you played the game it pulled together in a way that felt alright.

bonescraper

I don't know what you are talking about, it looks pretty much identical but brighter.

d9f.jpg

Zeriel

Arcane
Yeah, I was going to add, it mostly seems to be a coloration problem. Bright pink just doesn't work very well in that context. Fits them being a human hybrid though.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
They may have shitty game mechanic decisions but my I don't have any trubles about art style. It is bloody and not cartoonish, somewhat Animu-Mecha, but so were Ufo Defense. Archon had a logical explanation behind new looks so it is ok for me. If anything art style is the last thing to complain anout nuXcom, given other controversial issues at hand.

Zeriel

Arcane
Does anyone else get reminded of NOD laser troopers whenever they show the Advent soldiers?

latest

I want there to be a GDI/NOD campaign mod for XCOM 2 so badly.

Zeriel

Arcane
It sounded like some weird mixture of slavic and latin to me, but I don't think they want it to sound like anything in particular, just "different".

Mozg

Arcane
All video game languages are simple substitution ciphers because they want to get slightly autistic teenagers to drink their ovaltine

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom