Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X-COM XCOM 2 + War of the Chosen Expansion Thread

Martius

Liturgist
:negative: every time I see the Titty Snake

who in the actual fuck would think that was a good idea
I guess someone from dev team could be fan of this manga.
Monster_Musume_volume_1_cover.png

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
What a silly question, the entire game is about the "AVATAR" project, the box is a sectoid face made out of human skulls, the ending from X-Com 1 implied a lot of things...

Isn't it obvious? They're either kind of splicing aliens with humans, or trying to, or doing something else weird and genetic. There might even be the old "we have a common ancestor" twist from Star Trek TNG. Though I don't really mind. Anyway, it's certainly not an accident and very deliberate.

That and I know for a fact 50% of /tg/ posters have a naga fetish.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why the appearance of legs then, man?
For the sexy of course.

Weird, I've been looking at recent videos and the snakes still have boobs? They toned them down I guess but I thought that was going to be removed because so stupid. That will be the first mod I download right there.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
For the sexy of course.

Weird, I've been looking at recent videos and the snakes still have boobs? They toned them down I guess but I thought that was going to be removed because so stupid. That will be the first mod I download right there.
Don't understand. What if there's an excellent in-game reason for it? Maybe snakemen are bred by crossing human DNA with something else? This isn't like the boobs on Argonians in Oblivion; not until we know a bit more.

Zeriel

Arcane
For the sexy of course.

Don't understand. What if there's an excellent in-game reason for it? Maybe snakemen are bred by crossing human DNA with something else? This isn't like the boobs on Argonians in Oblivion; not until we know a bit more.

Apparently some people get super triggered when they see breasts. The world is full of mysteries. Prudish mysteries.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
No not because of cutscenes. Because of modularity, random map generation and full modding support. You download all the assets etc too.

ArchAngel

Arcane
For the sexy of course.

Weird, I've been looking at recent videos and the snakes still have boobs? They toned them down I guess but I thought that bra's waswere going to be removed because so stupid. That will be the first mod I download right there.
So you are saying you want chainmail bikini enemies? :P

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Don't understand. What if there's an excellent in-game reason for it? Maybe snakemen are bred by crossing human DNA with something else?
1) I'll believe it when I see it
2) Even if I see it, I'm not going to believe that the reason was written before the boobs were drawn. The boobs appeared first ... any justification was rationalized later.

Apparently some people get super triggered when they see breasts. The world is full of mysteries. Prudish mysteries.
In unrelated news, with the character creator still not released I had to resort to a different program to plan my dream team.

ArchAngel

Arcane
In a R rated game, aliens would have at least 1 naked girl alien to distract their enemy. And she would look as innocent as possible so to promote empathy from Xcom

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
Pretty goddamn cool. I love this action movie guerilla terrorist vs. dystopian oppressors vibration. Choo choo hype train.

Yup, quite like that vibe too, especially for an XCOM stuff.

That said, something "feels" wrong in the balance of power, the tone, how it's all presented. It feels less like "guerilla resistance against bad guys" and more like "let's send spec ops team to overthrow a foreign government". Not a big deal but the vibe could be a hit or miss. I mean at no point in any gameplay videos I felt like the dudes were the underdogs either. They had uber soldiers, good equipment, near perfect communication and supply chain...As said, feels more like spec ops than guerrilla resistance, or more Jagged Alliance (the game) than V (the TV series, original).

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
I like it, reminds of old X-Com. Seriously. To me the vibe works so far, it reminds me of V and Syndicate Wars in a good way. It makes sense that if any resistance is to have a chance, they would need extremely good technology and the best men, maybe remnants of what once was.

As to how it reminds me of old X-Com? It's a fresh scenario. Every X-Com game was really fresh. Enemy Unknown kicked it off, TftD changed the mood a lot (though not the game), Apocalypse tried something completely different, with mixed but cool results. They all have really different themes so I am glad this tradition is kept alive. This is a really fresh theme that you don't get to play very often. Last time I did was JA2. Kind of.

Zombra

Patron
Something "feels" wrong in the balance of power, the tone, how it's all presented. It feels less like "guerilla resistance against bad guys" and more like "let's send spec ops team to overthrow a foreign government". Not a big deal but the vibe could be a hit or miss. I mean at no point in any gameplay videos I felt like the dudes were the underdogs either. They had uber soldiers, good equipment, near perfect communication and supply chain...As said, feels more like spec ops than guerrilla resistance, or more Jagged Alliance (the game) than V (the TV series, original).
Yeah, one thing the game seems to lack is that sense of isolation that a good "behind enemy lines" story needs. Every time you do anything, it's a few minutes of action, then back safe in the womblike belly of your big spaceship with all your friends and fantastic protective technology. I want to have guys stranded out there, OK Zeta team, you're on your own, fuck up as much stuff as you can before you get killed, we'll send a shuttle to pick you up in 2 weeks assuming we can steal one, that kind of thing. More desperation.

As much as possible I plan to dress up my guys with maximum emphasis on "rag-tag", I don't like the idea of them being a cohesive governmental type force either.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Gah, I don't wanna spoil the intro but all your talk... forces... my... hand & mouse

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom