Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X-COM XCOM 2 + War of the Chosen Expansion Thread

ArchAngel

Arcane
There is already some multiplayer footage as well. If someone enjoys the cancer that is multiplayer games - this time maps are also procedural. And squad can mix aliens and xcom units.
Random maps are not a good feature when it comes to MP and mixing aliens and xcom was already available in nuXcom
You can play fast game that require brain and fast decision like SupCom FA. Why would you want to destroy decent offline game by MP?
How does an optional MP mode ruin anything? this is not crappy ME2/3 where your MP gameplay affects your SP campaign.

Zeriel

Arcane
e3Hg4QU.jpg

Zeriel

Arcane
Unpacking. Looks like this will take longer than the preload took to download.

Polanski

Scholar

Polanski

Scholar
Will you guys be playing with the 3 mini mods from the Long War guys? I think I will, I like the "leadership" one as an idea. Will create a couple more dynamics in the game

It'll make the game easier, so nope.
The addition of an extra "mini-boss-type" enemy should make the game a bit harder to make up for the other two. I will play it on Ironman Legend anyway, so it should hopefully still be challenging.

Zeriel

Arcane
Will you guys be playing with the 3 mini mods from the Long War guys? I think I will, I like the "leadership" one as an idea. Will create a couple more dynamics in the game

It'll make the game easier, so nope.
The addition of an extra "mini-boss-type" enemy should make the game a bit harder to make up for the other two. I will play it on Ironman Legend anyway, so it should hopefully still be challenging.

"One enemy I will occasionally see in the mid game and then surpass will make up for massive power creep from officers on every mission."

Whatever you say boss.

agris

Arcane
Patron
It's only power creep if the officer's utility/power is greater than another same-leveled character class. I get where Zeriel is coming from cuz modders gonna modder, but maybe the class is balanced? I have similar concerns about the SMG class being too good, but more than likely it's going to suck compared to other classes. It sounds like a jack of all trades class.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Haha no, he did. SMG is just a weapon bro, you can give it to one of the classes (I forget which one) as an alternative. Not such a big deal. Gives a bit more mobility for a bit less dmg

bonescraper

Fuck, i can't play until tomorrow. Managed to fire it up and play a bit of the tutorial, again they force you to lose 1 soldier, bah. There are 3 mods available ATM. One adds a SMG class weapon (in all 3 tiers), the second one adds a beefed up armored Muton, and the last adds something of a new semi-class, the commander who specializes in squad buffs.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Fuck, i can't play until tomorrow. Managed to fire it up and play a bit of the tutorial, again they force you to lose 1 soldier, bah. There are 3 mods available ATM. One adds a SMG class weapon (in all 3 tiers), the second one adds a beefed up armored Muton, and the last adds something of a new semi-class, the commander who specializes in squad buffs.
Wtf? Is it playable already? Or are we talking about some "rented" version?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Those mods feel almost like they should be in the game normally. I mean, extra weapon and class?

Zeriel

Arcane
Why not just add the new enemy, Zeriel?

That is probably the best thing, yeah. I'm going to play through on L + I without mods first. The muton centurion will certainly see use, it's nice to have another (slightly different) model for enemies. I just know the officer will be OP as fuck. They were in Long War and the abilities we saw of the XCOM 2 mod are much the same, stuff that heavily impacts your combat effectiveness. The downsides are laughable (oh no, I can only have 1 per mission!).

Zeriel

Arcane
Wtf? Is it playable already? Or are we talking about some "rented" version?

It's a staggered release as per usual with Firaxis, if you are in Asia/Australia or use a VPN you can play it right now.

Zeriel

Arcane
Oh yeah, and since I had to discover this the painful way:

FXAA is usually shit, but the other ingame AA options here don't work properly, they seem to be making the art assets look really fucked up. FXAA is much more restrained than usual here, so either use that or turn AA off entirely.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Oh yeah, and since I had to discover this the painful way:

FXAA is usually shit, but the other ingame AA options here don't work properly, they seem to be making the art assets look really fucked up. FXAA is much more restrained than usual here, so either use that or turn AA off entirely.
Are you playing? Legend? Do tell stuff

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom