Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Yet Another Morrowind Thread

CHEMS

Scholar
the second mod by Danae is bloated trash
I think it's fine, she brought those creature mods together. The original The Undead had plenty of issues, this one has none that i've seen so far and integrates with TR nicely

CHEMS

Scholar
if you want to talk about difficulty, you have to mention Mort's rebalances first imo.
How's this then, check out my difficulty overhauls setup my fren:

Money:
Buying Game Updated and Smarter Harder Barter: overhauls the economy, makes mercantile investiment actually useful

Leveling:
Proportional Progression Expanded, Expensive Training, Magicka Based Skill Progression: makes leveling slower (and customizable): no more spamming to level up, no more gaining 20 levels after raiding one tomb, casting big spells is more rewarding training-wise and less of a chore of spamming cheap "training spells" later on

Honorable mention for leveling mod: herberts literacy program overhauls how skill books work. Instead of giving you 1 point for the skill, it gives you multiplier bonuses for damage, xp gain, rolls etc... Not so great for vanilla, but excelent mod for playthroughs that make leveling slower.

I started a new playthrough around monday, and i'm still level 3 today. If i want training to get my destruction from 30 to 31, i'll have to cough up around 4k gold lmao

Loot:
Realistic Repair: though it may seem i'm recommending this for the "repair only at anvil" feature, it's not. This mod makes so that when you kill a NPC, his armor and weapons won't have full condition anymore. You've gotta fix them now if you want to profit from it. Classic example: that quest on Tribunal where you get a free High Ordinator full set from a dead guy (not to mention a full glass set). It's just too easy to sell it all for around 20k gold even with all price balancing mods.

Alchemy:
Controlled consumption: no more chugging 3000 sujamma and killing vivec with a slap to the face. You can chug 4 sujamma at once and that's it (that is still a lot extra cheap strength)
The Art of Alchemy: no more brewing 100 potions in ten seconds. You now need to place apparatus somewhere if you wanna brew, and it takes real world time. Some ingredients need to be grinded on the pestle if you wanna use them. You can use calcinators to filter offnegative effects from your potions or positive ones if you're making potions. The alembic can be used to concentrate effects from two similar potions (capped with your skill).

The result is that you're no longer able to brew gamebreaking potions, and makes the process more immersive. Makes you feel like a real alchemist brewing stuff.

I think those mods makes the game more difficult without making it too grindy: raiding tombs are dangerous, easy cash from looted equipment is not that easy anymore, you'll get more excited finding gold and potions, cash rewards from quests will actually matter. Speaking of cash, if you're really on that MUH IMMURSION pack, you can get a mod that makes gold actually have weight. I did a run like that once and it was painful...

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
if you want to talk about difficulty, you have to mention Mort's rebalances first imo.
What does that do?

Morrowind Rebalance - Makes the Sixth House the most difficult content in the game
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/46036

Tribunal Rebalance - This mod rebalances Tribunal as if it shipped with Morrowind (play at level 1)
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45713

Bloodmoon Rebalance - This mod rebalances Bloodmoon as if it shipped with Morrowind (play at level 1)
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45714

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I think it's fine, she brought those creature mods together. The original The Undead had plenty of issues, this one has none that i've seen so far and integrates with TR nicely

honestly Danae mods are too much for me, dont like women modders, they dont have sense of measure. She is just putting too much stuff into everything, like a doll house

CHEMS

Scholar

honestly Danae mods are too much for me, dont like women modders, they dont have sense of measure. Its just putting too much stuff into everything, like a doll house
i like most of her mods, Wares + Drip is a must for me

I'm a sucker for looting stuff and cramming into my house like an obese american hoarder. The creatures mod with de deleveler is something that makes me stay on my toes before graberobbing at level one, getting blasted by a lvl 50 lich at level 1 is always fun.

Could use some balancing though, i'm getting a lot of daedric gear without even grinding for them, except maybe for that 225 enchant capacity daedric tower shield

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
The creatures mod with de deleveler is something that makes me stay on my toes before graberobbing at level one, getting blasted by a lvl 50 lich at level 1 is always fun.

sounds almost like a roguelike. Morrowind could be fun with permadeath

CHEMS

Scholar
There's also this one:

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/48013?tab=description

You die, instead of reloading you escape death, but with penalties. I haven't tested this one yet, but sounds interesting:

When you die in Morrowind, you are given two choices: reload or quit. Unless you are particularly hardcore, you will probably choose the former. Unfortunately, this means that death has minimal consequences -- only setting you back to the last time you saved. Since there is no limitation on when or how often you can save, many players wear out their F5 key by quicksaving before every fight. There is no reason to run from a fight that is too tough, or to use a spell to make a quick escape. Maybe you have found this unsatisfying, and given yourself rules for when you can save, and whether you can jump back into an encounter over and over, but wouldn't it be better if the game just gave you actual consequences for dying?

This mod detects when your character is about to die, and then whisks them out of harm's way at the last moment. You are not dead, but your stats have been permanently reduced. You can configure the amount your character's stats are reduced by (including 0), which stats (attributes of skills) are penalized, as well as whether the mod uses Divine Intervention, Almsivi Intervention, or a teleport to the Shrine of Azura.

Yosharian

Arcane
This is the problem with Morrowind, it's way too easy to become insanely OP
But how to solve that?
Level scaling?
No one likes that shit.
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/47897
+
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/54518
+
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/48745

Enjoy your assrape
I would be interested in the last one but not sure if it's compatible with Sharp... maybe Sharp already addresses this

Funposter

Arcane
I would be interested in the last one but not sure if it's compatible with Sharp... maybe Sharp already addresses this
Sharp is fairly barebones in terms of gameplay changes, no? I always use it as a base when I return to MW and just leave out a couple of things I don't want/need and it's never really conflicted with anything.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
dunno men... dont you realize at some point that what you are trying to do is emulating requiem?

CHEMS

Scholar
i want to pickpocket trinkets that npcs are wearing. Anyone tried this? https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/47581

EDIT: to steal trebonius necklace at 100 sneak, with above mod, you need to reduce wear penalty from 40 to 30 in mod settings
Use MoreQuickLoot: https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/53809

The UI is better and even shows you your chance at pickpocket and wheter you're detected or not, check the images.

Also Trebonius seems to not have his necklace equiped, so it's fairly easy to steal from him. You can just do it with a invisibility potion

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Why do a sizeable amount of people prefer to play Morrowind's Xbox port?
Are there?
I don't remember being that many who are playing it on Xbox.
But I guess it might ever since there's been a renewed interest in Morrowind.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Also Trebonius seems to not have his necklace equiped, so it's fairly easy to steal from him. You can just do it with a invisibility potion
any chance its due to one of your mods? Doesnt appear to be on my end.

The UI is better and even shows you your chance at pickpocket and wheter you're detected or not, check the images.
see, mod that I linked appears to be deterministic...

Funposter

Arcane
Less "prefer" and more people playing it in 4K on their Xbox One X. Some people just find installing a video game on a PC to be totally mystifying. Hell, they might not even own a personal computer. They can get all of their emails etc. on their phone and only use a computer at work.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Less "prefer" and more people playing it in 4K on their Xbox One X. Some people just find installing a video game on a PC to be totally mystifying. Hell, they might not even own a personal computer. They can get all of their emails etc. on their phone and only use a computer at work.
Many of them are just casual gamers and don't want to put money and some effort into building a PC.
Even though pretty much everyone knows that PC is and always will be the greatest option, but it requires more money and investment.

ind33d

Learned
PC version has no controller support and the UI is slightly different. also, all walking simulators like Death Stranding and Elder Scrolls are better with analogue movement

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom