Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Ys series

NerevarineKing

Learned
The funny thing is, I just stated my opinion about the relative writing quality of Falcom titles and this dude got LIVID. I'm not gonna be scared off by some slurs I've heard a million times before.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The funny thing is, I just stated my opinion about the relative writing quality of Falcom titles and this dude got LIVID. I'm not gonna be scared off by some slurs I've heard a million times before.

It was already explained that your opinion is wrong before, at which point you were expected to post something else instead of those repeated futile attempts to vehemently defend it. And it's just so painfully obvious you've never played too much of Cold Steel, so you're arguing from a position of plain autism.

As for the 'slurzzzz' part: it might look similar to you because you're retarded, but this is not reddit, you fuckin miserable pussy.

Follow these handy directions that will take you far in life:
- Grow a pair of balls
- Start finding women attractive
- Grow a brain

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
Started playing Memories of Celceta.

Current thoughts:

- Duren may be just diet Doggi in concept, but he has his own personality and he's actually funny. Noice.
- Swimming should make a comeback.
- I like how snarky Adol can be in this one.
- Prostitutes in an Ys game. And they are very open about wanting to see Adol's sword. That's a new one for me.
- Gameplaywise it's the Ys VIII prototype and although it's still fun, I am also glad that they cut out some of the content in this one.

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
Started playing Oath in Felghana.
- Prostitutes in an Ys game. And they are very open about wanting to see Adol's sword. That's a new one for me.
- Gameplaywise it's the Ys VIII prototype
I'm p. sure you're actualy playing Memoirs of Calceta. ;)

Jinn

Arcane
So, uh, it's out proper now.

Got about an hour into it and plan to play much more later today. I really like what they're doing with the presentation so far, and how're they are making a concerted effort to bring the cohesion of Adol's past adventure to the forefront in this one.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Adol's past adventure to the forefront in this one

Aside from the first two games the rest felt disjointed on purpose, but it does tell the World's story, and that is what I thought the focus was on, the World lore itself, and not necessary Adol's part in it.

Jinn

Arcane
Aside from the first two games the rest felt disjointed on purpose, but it does tell the World's story, and that is what I thought the focus was on, the World lore itself, and not necessary Adol's part in it.

It's not a huge deal or anything, it's just that this game is the latest in the Ys inworld chronology, so it's nice seeing that disjointed nature brought together and recognized in a solid way, even if it's just briefly. I like that each Ys game can essentially be taken as it's own separate experience, but since the world lore has been developed through 8 past adventures, it'd be nice if we started seeing a few more recurring characters from past games showing up, particularly because sometimes these past characters played such a heavy role that it's almost strange they are hardly brought up. I think that Ys could definitely benefit from a little more cohesion in world building and rewarding of past player knowledge. It's something Falcom excels at as a developer, after all.

680x0

Learned
rTQxUdW.jpg

So far so good.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why is this game look so ugly?? Ys8 had better graphics and it looks MUCH WORSE than cold steel 3 and 4.

I mean falcom never have cutting edge visuals bur the art direction are always strong and compensate for their ancient engine.

The balduq city gates looks like it's from N64.

The combat is nice so far, too early to tell.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The start is not as strong as ys 8 but after you got the white cat it's started opening up and i like how dynamic the traversion is. Combat is good as usual especially adol's gift which is a cool way to close the distance.

Music is just ok, which is kind of disappointing. Doesn't reach 8 level, but i say 8 is really exceptional even with falcom's standard.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Its funny, generally I will toss the bills for completion-sake. This time I'm going to give the demo a spin first.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom