Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Zodiac Legion - X-COM and dungeons

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
We intend to make it possible to use magic to empower your raw physical abilities (a bit like Jedi guardians or Shadowrun physical adepts).

I would like to formally register my mild disappointment with the emphasis you give to magic. The reason I'm mildly disappointed as opposed to thoroughly vexed is solely because I hope the opponents are full of casterfags that can be shown the error of their ways.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
This looks like Berserk: X-COM. I'm hard since I discovered this game yesterday. All girls in the shopping mall in Belgrade are looking at it and thinking "WOW, it must be because of me!". No, it's because of Zodiac Legion

Fargus

Arcane
Looks dope. Just don't like that it's another early access. But i'll probably buy it anyway because i like tacticool turn-based autism.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Looks good. One thing I'm really missing is more variety in death animations. And some blood splatters etc. Now it looks like everyone is just having a nap in the fetal position. Ideally you could look at a screen-shot and have some idea of what happened.

Might seem like a minor thing, but it does bring a lot of extra spice for when you finally manage to deal with an annoying enemy (or lose your own guy to a tragic turn of events).

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
This looks like Berserk: X-COM. I'm hard since I discovered this game yesterday. All girls in the shopping mall in Belgrade are looking at it and thinking "WOW, it must be because of me!". No, it's because of Zodiac Legion
Thank you for your enthusiasm, and making my day!

Looks good. One thing I'm really missing is more variety in death animations. And some blood splatters etc. Now it looks like everyone is just having a nap in the fetal position. Ideally you could look at a screen-shot and have some idea of what happened.

Might seem like a minor thing, but it does bring a lot of extra spice for when you finally manage to deal with an annoying enemy (or lose your own guy to a tragic turn of events).
Thank you! The part about death animations is true, but unfortunately, going with paperdolled armors makes it hard to add animations. We had to find one that would not require too different angles, so that it would not add too many frames per armor piece, and adding new ones would require a lot of work. We also lack more varied animations when it comes to attacks. I would like to add some variants for these animation (and maybe recycle the current one for being knocked out instead of being irrecoverably dead). Blood splatter will be added soon, though.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Thank you! The part about death animations is true, but unfortunately, going with paperdolled armors makes it hard to add animations. We had to find one that would not require too different angles, so that it would not add too many frames per armor piece, and adding new ones would require a lot of work. We also lack more varied animations when it comes to attacks. I would like to add some variants for these animation (and maybe recycle the current one for being knocked out instead of being irrecoverably dead). Blood splatter will be added soon, though.

Yeah, understandable. This is sort of a lost art those days. Plus you have to build your entire pipeline to account for it.

What you can do, is to have a couple of animations that are built to be re-usable.

Like the death animation, simply add a couple of more frames at the end, with the body ending up in a different position. Or using the same frames, but in a different order. Or add delay between frames.

As a low-hanging fruit, loss of limbs or decapitation should be easy to do.

The current animation already has the hand disappear, simply emphasize it and leave the limb somewhere on the ground with some tasteful blood splatter. Same thing with the head, the same animation but just without the head drawn.

nRN2kVx.png

With magic effects, reusing the same animation (probably would warrant an animation of its own). Overlay the elemental effect (lightning sparks, acid, flames, burn marks etc.).

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Regarding props damage, we have added HP to some of them (barricades, doors), and given prop damage values to a few attacks and weapons (2 dmg for axes, 6 for fire attacks and wall crushing attacks).

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer

Thank you for posting! It is long-ish indeed, but we'll replace some of the text with pictures! and maybe add an index to go directly to the topic you want to see.
I'll also add a bit more text on the combat preview screen, to make it easier to parse, like adding "target number" next to the the sword icon and number of successes needed next to the shield

Brickfrog

Learned

Thank you for posting! It is long-ish indeed, but we'll replace some of the text with pictures! and maybe add an index to go directly to the topic you want to see.
I'll also add a bit more text on the combat preview screen, to make it easier to parse, like adding "target number" next to the the sword icon and number of successes needed next to the shield

Your game looks wonderful, I'm looking forward to purchasing :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom