Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Zoria: Age of Shattering - a party-based RPG with base management

havox

Novice
Played for 5 minutes and hated it. Characters, UI, combat, everything somehow feels worse than Waylanders which is quite the achievement.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Anybody playing?
I've read the very first review on Steam. It absolutely trashed the game. Rather harsh, if you ask me, but it raised some valid concerns.
I found some red flags matching my experiences with the demo. Strangely uneventful and laborious, to name two.
But I thought, "Hey, I should keep my mind open. Maybe, the final game is going to have some grit or something. Maybe this is like the reminiscence of oldies-but-goldies in a new habit, or something."
The game's got a "Positive" rating after a day. Maybe it is not so bad after all?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I've read the very first review on Steam. It absolutely trashed the game. Rather harsh, if you ask me, but it raised some valid concerns.

Yeah, holy shit the current top review murders this game.

I’m being sincere when I say a ‘pros and cons’ list would literally have “WASD movement” in the pro’s column, and basically nothing else.

[...]

Nothing in Zoria is fun. It is playable ‘content’; just stuff that happens and then more stuff happens and then stuff happens again (unless the fight trigger breaks, then there’s no more stuff until you restart).

I’ve never gotten to the other side of a game and felt the hours of my life so wasted for absolutely nothing in return. Zoria is a bloated, buggy mess of a game that wouldn’t be worth playing even without all those bugs. Enduring it is a painful slog. Zoria’s ratio of minutes-to-meaningful-play would be lopsided even if the game was 30 seconds long, and at 30 hours long: it's a crime.

:shredder:

I've emailed the guy asking if he can review my brothel game :-D

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Maybe, I'm onto something. This guy mentions something like several hours of rough and bad introduction after which the game gets much better.

Lemming42

Arcane
So what is this? Dungeon Siege but turn-based? Might give it a try.

So, it has almost nothing that would qualify it as a classic RPG to me.

No mention of dialogue trees, no skills/perks or other involved in solving quests (beside the presence of some companions). No choices and consequences but simply dungeon after dungeon, fight after fight, until you reach the final boss in an absolutely unavoidable unique situation not modified neither a little because of your choices or other.

I think I will drop the idea of trying it.
You might want to try some pre-Fallout RPGs. I prefer dialogue and C&C and such too but a good amount of the genre's history is just dungeons and combat.

Litmanen

Educated
So what is this? Dungeon Siege but turn-based? Might give it a try.

So, it has almost nothing that would qualify it as a classic RPG to me.

No mention of dialogue trees, no skills/perks or other involved in solving quests (beside the presence of some companions). No choices and consequences but simply dungeon after dungeon, fight after fight, until you reach the final boss in an absolutely unavoidable unique situation not modified neither a little because of your choices or other.

I think I will drop the idea of trying it.
You might want to try some pre-Fallout RPGs. I prefer dialogue and C&C and such too but a good amount of the genre's history is just dungeons and combat.
I know.

To be honest, nothing against this kind of games, they are just different from my cup of tea.

I'm not saying "they're shit". They are just something I'm not looking for and I'm sure there are people who prefer this game to those I would prefer. And that's fair

I love Fallout (1&2), Underrail and other similar games. There are, still, similar games even if they are not hundreds, sure.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Anybody playing?
I found some red flags matching my experiences with the demo. Strangely uneventful and laborious, to name two.
But I thought, "Hey, I should keep my mind open. Maybe, the final game is going to have some grit or something. Maybe this is like the reminiscence of oldies-but-goldies in a new habit, or something."
The game's got a "Positive" rating after a day. Maybe it is not so bad after all?

I do.

My personal rating 9/10.

Having fun. Exploration, many secrets, fights are fast and tactical at same time. Everything i want to relax in cprg right now.
There will be always bad reviews for any game. It just shows that for reviewer game is not what he wanted. I wanted game like this one, so my rating is positive.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Maybe, I'm onto something. This guy mentions something like several hours of rough and bad introduction after which the game gets much better.

I watched Mortismal before but when he praised Starfield (yes, he did) and LGBTQ romances in Outer worlds, i stopped watching him. Though i respect that he reviews games after 100% completion.
And he just trashed this game with his impressions, most being totally unfair.
First hour is combat, 2nd hour is where exploration starts (forest) and in 3rd hour you get to base (Outpost) building.

If you want fair review there is Splattercat vid, he does review indie titles every day, i watch him in evenings.

Lemming42

Arcane
What are people's favourite classes? I tried playing as a "Kingsman" and it's not even funny how much I get the shit kicked out of me. My character is meant to be some unstoppable knight captain and yet she ends every other battle face-down in the muck with her entrails hanging out after a major-league beatdown. The fact that one of my abilities is to taunt enemies into attacking me is downright hilarious given what a weakling I am, I imagine that'd just end with me dead before the end of the first round. Started again as a Lancer and I'm cleaning the hell up every other fight, it's the better class by far.

I also assume the intro is meant to pit you against unusually tough enemies given that you get the big badass level-seven commander with you so she can keep pulling your inept ass out of the fire, but still, I definitely feel like there's a big difference in the effectiveness of classes in this game. Excited to try some others to see if there's one that's just objectively better than the others.

Game's a lot of fun btw.

Lemming42

Arcane
Given how injury-prone the class is, I can't imagine a worse idea than having testicles - nature's weak spot - dangling between the legs. Our Kingsman would become a Kingseunuch in two seconds flat as soon as combat starts.

Lancer rocks btw, for anyone trying this game out. My Lancer is soloing shit that the Terminator would have trouble with. Her enemies fall before her like wheat to a scythe. I've relegated the shitty Priest guy the game forces you to take along to healing duties, and am planning to do away with him ASAP to make way for my dream team of four Lancers.

Lemming42

Arcane
RTQtVdu.png

It's all gone sci-fi. This is an image of the CPU you will require to run Zoria: Age of Shattering on Ultra graphics.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The only postive thing I can say about Zoria is that combat can occasionally be a bit challenging if you start falling asleep and forget to drink health potions.

The game is in 80%+ all about combat, but it's a very average combat with lots of trash encounters. You just move a few meters and have another few enemies to kill in turn based combat in which you usually have two movements per character, an it can be move-attack, two attacks or move further. Some skills etc, it's stuff you've seen in lots of other games. Here it doesn't have any special quirks or anything, it's very average in this regard but also unfortunately not very tactical. It's not grid-based and freedom of movement always allow you to hit the most vulnerable enemies first then finish the rest. Besides considering once in a while which skill to use there's nothing to think about in fights. What about the rest of the game though? The other 20%- of the game is dialogues which are so generic and unimaginative that I have a suspicion they were written by software like ChatGPT then edited to fit the setting. It's not only boring, it feels like copy-paste of random bad fantasy fan-fiction. It's terrible. Characters, quests and story... well, what even is there to say, imagine "ChatGPT write me a generic fantasy with cool heroes, evil enemies, and awesome quests" and this is exactly what you would expect to come out.

Lemming42

Arcane
I got to the keep and got horrific Kingmaker flashbacks. Walked up to everyone, skipped the dialogues, and left the keep to go find more stuff. In the mines now with the giant spiders and it's okay but the keep definitely triggered my Kingmaker-induced PTSD. Would definitely have much preferred a traditional linear Dungeon Siege style adventure.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1159090/view/7409056619643069700
Patch 1.0.3 is out now! Spelling, localization, removing moustaches, and more!
Continuous Improvement Through Your Feedback!
Greetings, Commanders!
Here we come with yet another update! Huge thanks to all of you who reported mistakes you bumped into as you played. Needless to say, this patch is a result of a feedback from our wonderful community, reviews and gameplays. We're all ears and eyes guys, we really want you to love Zoria as much as we do.

So, let's jump into the update. What's changed?

Patch 1.0.3
⚔️ Nulbarak Area – fixed a potential issue with an alternative path to the Lonely Tower.
⚔️ Nulbarak Area – fixed an NPC behavior that would allow the player to bypass certain dialogues breaking a quest sequence.
⚔️ Drunken Oyster tavern – NPC now properly named Jakob.
⚔️ Rithvale Area – added an additional map marker for quest “Searching for the source” to make the cave entrance more visible.
⚔️ Many spelling errors and typos fixed. Special thanks to @Amintha, @dreamstation and @Ilde from our awesome Discord community for pointing these out to us.
⚔️ Nulbarak Area – fixed dialogue where Sofja was wrongly replaced by another follower.
⚔️ Moonflower Burrow - Fixed the quest that was not properly triggering Elara.
⚔️ Thonargond – fixed a pop-up frame that would spawn multiple times.
⚔️ Keep – fixed Quartermaster Radish to display the correct merchant title.
⚔️ Thonargond – disabled wrongly placed merchant setup on Elion Archer.
⚔️ Thonargond Dungeon – fixed a chest that was impossible to loot.
⚔️ The Goblin Serenade – fixed the quest delivery point not appearing on the map.
⚔️ Animus Corpus – Fixed an issue various Animus Corpus interactions were not rewarding the proper loot
⚔️ Update drop chances for enemy and monsters loot tables (reduced chance of getting to much loot)
⚔️ Fixed end game recipes rarity for Ranger & Sentinel. Gear and recipe rarity was randomly generated instead of being Epic
⚔️ Fixed potential crash issue in Mission System
⚔️ fixed multiple issues with Chinese localization
⚔️ added gear/weapon name localization for Chinese
⚔️ Party Formation Screen – show all followers that are currently unavailable (In Mission, Outpost Research, Resting, Wounded)
⚔️Moonflower Burron now fully replenishes the HP of followers as well
⚔️ Chamber of the Forgotten – The Zanora Trial - fixed possible quest stuck issue when player waits for the second wave then save/loads and the hologram would not appear again
⚔️ Fixed issue with recipes disappearing from the learned recipes list if the user gets the same recipe as drop and adds it to squad inventory
⚔️ Increase stats generation factor for 2 handed items to be more in line with 2 × one handed items
⚔️ Adjusted stats for some crafting items to prevent crafting very high elemental resistance gear (especially Death elemental damage)
⚔️Fixed damage dealt by Chain of Defeat effect (ability would transfer less than the specified 50% of damage)
⚔️ Added QuickLoad key (F6) for showing the Loading Screen
⚔️Character Creator – fixed issue preventing the player from removing the mustache once added

If you happen to come across any bugs, please let us know about it by using this form [
link
]. By filling out the form, we will learn firsthand about any potential issues and it will be much easier for us to track and solve them. Thank you!

See you in the next update,
Tiny Trinket Games

Follow us on
Twitter
and join our
Discord
, where we are almost always available, reading through your feedback and answering your questions.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Zoria: Age of Shattering is up there with Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem as the worst title for a game ever

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Zoria: Age of Shattering is up there with Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem as the worst title for a game ever
Why do you even come here to whine like a bitch when you don't even play games?? Honestly if it was me forum i would have banned the whining boomer retards that constantly screech about the games they don't play..... i mean people like you.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1159090/view/4214880391850856162
Patch 1.0.5 is out now! Fast travel & greatly improved Inventory Management
Greetings, Commanders!
Here we come with yet another update! Huge thanks to all of you who reported mistakes you bumped into as you played. Needless to say, this patch is a result of a feedback from our wonderful community, reviews and gameplays. We're all ears and eyes guys, we really want you to love Zoria as much as we do.

Patch 1.0.5
⚔️ We are delighted to let you know of the
"Hoofs For Hire"
service being introduced in select locations throughout Rithvale Area.
This will allow the player to move quickly between these destinations;
⚔️ The
"Hoofs For Hire"
service is also being introduced in a couple of locations in Bilnaram Hills, making travelling easier;
⚔️ Bilnaram Hills – Recruiting Leareera Maxentia now works as intended;
⚔️ Sofja now properly exits the party after the meeting in Thallamar, but she can be added to the party at any Party Configuration post;
⚔️ Made the entrance to the Ancestors area in Thonargond Citadel more visible;
⚔️ Forest of Nurdundas – fixed issues with multiple floating tree trunks;
⚔️ Ancient Shadows – added quest task information about specific follower requirement;
⚔️ Fixed multiple story, lore and dialogue text issues and typos;
⚔️ Weapon Effect chance increased to 10/30% from 5/15% for One Handed/Two Handed items;

⚔️ Greatly improved Inventory Management and storage space:
Added individual resources-based inventories for Consumables, Materials, Ingredients, and Crafting Items to no longer consume inventory space
Only Weapons, Armors, Trinkets and Blueprints will require inventory slots
All items can still be sold/traded as well as used everywhere in crafting/combat
Potions are now sorted by effect and effect magnitude instead of level
All resources affected by the inventory optimization (for ongoing game-saves) are safely migrated to their corresponding inventories (Squad and Storage inventories)

⚔️ Various other optimization and small fixes

We'd be over the moon if you left a review after playing Zoria
It's the best way for us to evaluate what works and what could be improved. We're continuously working on making Zoria as great as it can be.

And if you happen to come across any bugs, please let us know about it by using this form [
link
]. By filling out the form, we will learn firsthand about any potential issues and it will be much easier for us to track and solve them. Thank you!

Tiny Trinket Games

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1159090/view/4214880391850856162
Patch 1.0.5 is out now! Fast travel & greatly improved Inventory Management
Greetings, Commanders!

Patch 1.0.5
⚔️ We are delighted to let you know of the
"Hoofs For Hire"
service being introduced in select locations throughout Rithvale Area.
This will allow the player to move quickly between these destinations;
⚔️ The
"Hoofs For Hire"
service is also being introduced in a couple of locations in Bilnaram Hills, making travelling easier;
⚔️ Bilnaram Hills – Recruiting Leareera Maxentia now works as intended;
⚔️ Sofja now properly exits the party after the meeting in Thallamar, but she can be added to the party at any Party Configuration post;
⚔️ Made the entrance to the Ancestors area in Thonargond Citadel more visible;
⚔️ Forest of Nurdundas – fixed issues with multiple floating tree trunks;
⚔️ Ancient Shadows – added quest task information about specific follower requirement;
⚔️ Fixed multiple story, lore and dialogue text issues and typos;
⚔️ Weapon Effect chance increased to 10/30% from 5/15% for One Handed/Two Handed items;

⚔️ Greatly improved Inventory Management and storage space:
Added individual resources-based inventories for Consumables, Materials, Ingredients, and Crafting Items to no longer consume inventory space
Only Weapons, Armors, Trinkets and Blueprints will require inventory slots
All items can still be sold/traded as well as used everywhere in crafting/combat
Potions are now sorted by effect and effect magnitude instead of level
All resources affected by the inventory optimization (for ongoing game-saves) are safely migrated to their corresponding inventories (Squad and Storage inventories)

⚔️ Various other optimization and small fixes

We'd be over the moon if you left a review after playing Zoria
It's the best way for us to evaluate what works and what could be improved. We're continuously working on making Zoria as great as it can be.

And if you happen to come across any bugs, please let us know about it by using this form [
link

Tiny Trinket Games
So, it seems like they're refining stuff even after release. It's cool that they care.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom