Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

Zeriel

Arcane
I upgraded my Barbarian's mace skill to the max level, but the GM trainer at the Crag tells me I need to be promoted first in order for him to train me. Does anyone know where the Barbarian upgrade class quest is? I've been roaming around Desolate Wilds without much success.

Isn't that the Pao Kai one? I could have sworn it starts somewhere in the Desolate Wilds in the orc huts, but that is only my vague memory from writing the preview.

I got kinda tired of reading the ridiculous reviews of this game:

Anyways, I ended up reading a bunch of reviews for Might and Magic X: Legacy. I was not surprised to find a bunch of references to the "old school" nature of the game. And in fact, this is something I remarked on myself, here. But in reading these reviews, I noticed a disturbing trend in how the reviewers approached this so-called "old school"ness, this hearkening back to grid-based slogs and turn-based fights-to-the-death. Because a lot of them seem to think games like MMX:L are some kind of gimmick, a bit of nostalgia tossed to the ravenous horde of neck-bearded grognards who would rather fire up their old x386s for a satisfying game of Betrayal at Krondor than touch a console controller.

I doubt anybody from those magazines will read what I wrote, but it felt good. I'm honestly getting fed up with this shit. And if anyone thinks I'm exaggerating, go read some of the reviews off metacritic. Even the good reviews are full of dudes patting themselves on the back with how awesome they are, and how they appreciate the nostalgia of the game but other people won't. :smug: Ugh. Shut the fuck up.

That blog looked good, until I scrolled down a bit and

Deleted from favorites, unfriended on Codexbook, called Interpol.

Detox-ed watching these over and over for the last three hours.

Lhynn

Arcane
has anyone noticed that the game does not load if you alt tab? as in, in the middle of loading a save you have to watch it from start to finish.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
It's like this piece of shit is reading data from a CD, I wish I could see what amount of playtime was spent watching that stupid ass disc spin

FeelTheRads

Arcane
So, is there any way to move the saves from the "demo" to the "full" version? I'll be damned if I can find the damn saves. And if possible, would it even register my progress?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Jeez, there they are. :bro:

Actually interested in that dungeon not acheesements. Feels dirty anyway.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Quick question guys: is there enemy respawn in the game? If yes, in what form?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Hmm, any tips on defeating that big motherfucking minotaur boss in the rock labyrinth by the sea? He blocks half of my Defender taunts, he loves to stomp on my casters and he one-shots them dead with hits for 200+. Slices through my celestial armor like through a warm butter.

Is he supposed to be some endgame badass mother or what? And more importantly, what is he guarding? Because I waited 13 levels to kick that dangerous cave Cyclop's balls and all I got was a stupid elixir.

Zeriel

Arcane
Nothing special from the minotaur boss. Just a nice pile of XP and the usual 1-2 unidentified magical items. Can't speak to his difficulty as by the time I faced him my guys demolished him in 1-2 turns of melee. I do recall him hitting really hard, though, so that's not just you. He doesn't have any special traits, so that's a load off. If you can survive his normal attacks, there's nothing more to be afraid of.

thesisko

Emissary
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Wow the Metro review is utterly rage-inducing. So just because new games are terrible, any use of good gameplay mechanics is "retro" and just for "tickling nostalgia gland"? I haven't even played any of the M&M games, nor really any other RPG's of that era and I'm having a blast with Legacy.
:rage::x:x:x

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
You've never played Fallout, Arcanum, Deus Ex, Jade Empire, Baldur's Gate 2, or Planescape? What was your first RPG, NWN2?

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Wow the Metro review is utterly rage-inducing. So just because new games are terrible, any use of good gameplay mechanics is "retro" and just for "tickling nostalgia gland"? I haven't even played any of the M&M games, nor really any other RPG's of that era and I'm having a blast with Legacy.
:rage::x:x:x
I like how they top off their review with "Too many superior alternatives" in the cons. Nice to see proper prestigious gentlemen who recognize the obvious superiority of Wizardry series:troll:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Also
Pandering to a modern audience is not the first accusation you’ll have when you start wandering around the game world though, especially when you realise that the first person view works only on a grid-based movement system with 90 degree turns – just like Dungeon Keeper
WAT:lol:

Zeriel

Arcane
Maybe they meant Dungeon Master. I mean christ, journalists shouldn't be required to keep the names of games from entirely different genres straight, should they?

thesisko

Emissary
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
You've never played Fallout, Arcanum, Deus Ex, Jade Empire, Baldur's Gate 2, or Planescape? What was your first RPG, NWN2?
First RPG was Morrowind. Played some of those (but most much later than their release), but I doubt someone who's only played those games would like M&M Legacy on account of "nostalgia".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom