Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
:hmmm:
You know, there are dungeons in MMX, and there are dungeons in Dungeon Keeper. And both are fantasy. They must be the same genre. Why would they call it Dungeon Keeper duhhh...

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Yeah, I know, it's made even funnier by the fact that the author does mention Dungeon Master just a couple of sentences later, this time as a comparison for rich and complicated weapon specialization selection:lol:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Funny thing is IGN Turkey gave M&MXL 8,3 with a really good (yet flawed) review. Only main cons he mentioned was technical problems and poor ranged combat mechanics.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
I got kinda tired of reading the ridiculous reviews of this game:

Anyways, I ended up reading a bunch of reviews for Might and Magic X: Legacy. I was not surprised to find a bunch of references to the "old school" nature of the game. And in fact, this is something I remarked on myself, here. But in reading these reviews, I noticed a disturbing trend in how the reviewers approached this so-called "old school"ness, this hearkening back to grid-based slogs and turn-based fights-to-the-death. Because a lot of them seem to think games like MMX:L are some kind of gimmick, a bit of nostalgia tossed to the ravenous horde of neck-bearded grognards who would rather fire up their old x386s for a satisfying game of Betrayal at Krondor than touch a console controller.

I doubt anybody from those magazines will read what I wrote, but it felt good. I'm honestly getting fed up with this shit. And if anyone thinks I'm exaggerating, go read some of the reviews off metacritic. Even the good reviews are full of dudes patting themselves on the back with how awesome they are, and how they appreciate the nostalgia of the game but other people won't. :smug: Ugh. Shut the fuck up.

That blog looked good, until I scrolled down a bit and

Deleted from favorites, unfriended on Codexbook, called Interpol.

Detox-ed watching these over and over for the last three hours.

I don't have a problem with it, it's when people go all :x about it, like if they can't do it it just ruins the whole game, that kills me.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
How far are you willing to go for your immersion factor?

Talks about hurting children in video games always reminds me of that one infamous post about the dude roleplaying a child molester in Fallout:
SU6CK.jpg

I guess it's better to do it in a game than in real-life.

Zeriel

Arcane
How is Skyrim an alternative? That's like saying Mass Effect is an alternative to Battlefield 4. They're completely different types of games, which only superficially share the same genre.

Zeriel

Arcane
You make a good point. Skyrim is a pretty shit game, though--I mean, why not play Far Cry 3? It's first person. It has stats. And better combat, too, since it's much smoother and has better million-dollar animations.

Decado

Patron
Codex 2014
I liked Skyrim. But I also like MMX:L. It is possible to like two different things at the same time without your head exploding. Someone should tell those reviewers. :lol:

imweasel

MMX is a pretty good RPG. It has some kinks that should be worked out, but overall it's a great game and a lot of fun.

Skyrim [...] Far Cry 3 [...]
Skyrim is total shit, even Far Cry 3 is a better "RPG" than that Bethesda crap. I'm fucking serious.
Not only is Skyrim a shit RPG, it's a shit game too.

</rant>

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Done in 48 hours.

I really wish I had raised endurance with my Blademaster, those reflecting buffs are awful, but outside of that my mages really kicked ass. Black magic was nowhere near as useful due to the fact my BM could already almost 1 shot everything when he went critical, I thought about synergising black magic's debuffs with the high BM damage, but it was unnecessary as the end was just a series of easy fights.

When I got to act 3 I didn't have much to do, since I emptied the world map during act 2 minus the parts I couldn't get to without the blessings. I will create another party and power game my way to the end, after the bugs have been squashed.

My funniest WTF moment was when the GM in dual wield told me I am a GM at maces. :D

aris

Arcane
Is there any reason to not put a heavy armor on a mage? I haven't tried it yet, but seeing that the only penalty is to attack rating, it seems, which does not apply to spell, there seems to be no penalty when it comes to spellcasting.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Black magic was nowhere near as useful due to the fact my BM could already almost 1 shot everything when he went critical

How did you spec him?

Mine is good but I feel I need some more bite when against blackfangs, black guards or elite ravenous ghouls.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Did anyone else encounter a bug with the bestiary quest Sorpigal? I recorded about 20 monster types, yet the quest journal still says I have to find 10 monsters. I can't even discuss the quest topic to the quest giver in the Goblin Watchtower.

Decado

Patron
Codex 2014
Did anyone else encounter a bug with the bestiary quest Sorpigal? I recorded about 20 monster types, yet the quest journal still says I have to find 10 monsters. I can't even discuss the quest topic to the quest giver in the Goblin Watchtower.

Yeah, it is bugged to shit for me too. First (and only) quest bug I ever encountered.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
When counting monster types are you including elites and bosses?
I figured the bosses didn't count, but I was expecting the elites would. In that case, I need just two more monsters. I have eight so far (I'm still in Castle Portmeyron): spider, glowing spider, militia, bandit, wolf, naga warrior, naga spellcaster, rogue mage.

Resurectra

Novice
Yeah, I thought that too. I can't remember where (must have been in ubi forums) but I read that only base monsters count. It irks me when I spoil myself trying to figure out if something is or isn't a bug... :|

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
only full entries count, not just encountered but bar below name filled. bosses don't count as they have no bar.

Resurectra

Novice
My dad and I counted his bestiary entries that had the full bar and between base and elites we had 11 "full" entries, he didn't got the quest checked. When he got ten base monsters, he got the quest 10 entries checked. He didn't got any reward for the first 10 from Jassad though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom