Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

Gozma

Arcane
Does deluxe edition have anything significant?

Does anybody know if there's a bug with Radiant Weapon (Light Spell) ?
It says the target can't block this turn, but i've see lots of enemies block.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Light shard is in
Falagar's Mansion in Karthal, second floor

Figures.
I haven't found a key to get there, unless the switches on the first floor rooms are some sort of puzzle to open that one closed room that says "this door is controlled elsewhere" and the key just happens to be there.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Light shard is in

Figures.
I haven't found a key to get there, unless the switches on the first floor rooms are some sort of puzzle to open that one closed room that says "this door is controlled elsewhere" and the key just happens to be there.
You have to pull one of the switches twice to open another door IIRC.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
You have to pull one of the switches twice to open another door IIRC.

I got three doors open when I first visited there, but can't remember how. The fourth remained closed. I'll check it out.

only to find out that my answer lied in a chest under a tipped over bookshelf

Lol, if you mean the one you get the Golden Key from, I searched like a cocksucker for that key too.

Yes, that's the one. I was ready to throw my fucking eyeballs at the screen once I finally found it.

Stabwound

Arcane
Really been enjoying the game so far, playing on Warrior. Not reading the thread much because I don't want spoilers and I like to figure shit out myself. Haven't been scumming for treasure or anything either.

I like that unlike most previous MM games, your party choice and build makes a big difference. I kind of winged it and am starting to regret it: Crusader/Defender/Freemage/Druid. Since the manual tells you fuck all about the upgraded classes and such, I kind of just went with it. I thought the druid would function as my priest/cleric but that might have been a bit of a mistake. Oh well, we'll go with it anyway.

The game has been surprisingly a lot harder than most MM games. Again, it feels slower and more deliberate and akin to Wizardry, especially with the random encounters. Plus on Warrior I've had my ass handed to me a few times. Money has been rough to come by, too.

Best moment so far was finding the random hidden cave with a warning, going into it and getting absolutely demolished by the cyclops inside. This is the kind of shit that's been missing from CRPGs for a long-ass time. :incline:

Arkeus

Arcane
Light shard is in
Fire shard is the only one I haven't found.
Amusingly, that's where i am right now. I... don't know what i am missing in the second floor. I am in the second floor right now, and i have no clue where is that cog i am missing for that lever, or if i am supposed to be doing something special. Half the doors are already closed, and i have found only one lever (secret might check) that i can't touch anywhere.
Read at your own peril:

Lost City level 4
Huh. Maybe i already have it then. I'll check.

EDIT: Help please?

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Best moment so far was finding the random hidden cave with a warning, going into it and getting absolutely demolished by the cyclops inside. This is the kind of shit that's been missing from CRPGs for a long-ass time. :incline:
Those "come back later" boss rooms get old p. fast.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron

You probably want the key to open the door with the padlock? Check out that you've found all the chests down there. It is in one of the hallways around the "open city" and is not in plain sight (there's some debris over it, a book case, so it's easy to miss), but I don't off hand remember the exact location.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Those "come back later" boss rooms get old p. fast.
Good thing later in the game you're strong enough that you don't have to come back later. Other than the first two I think I killed every single Dangerous Cave boss on the first time going on.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Light shard is in
Fire shard is the only one I haven't found.
Amusingly, that's where i am right now. I... don't know what i am missing in the second floor. I am in the second floor right now, and i have no clue where is that cog i am missing for that lever, or if i am supposed to be doing something special. Half the doors are already closed, and i have found only one lever (secret might check) that i can't touch anywhere.
Read at your own peril:

Lost City level 4
Huh. Maybe i already have it then. I'll check.

The cog is in a box behind the angel statue IIRC. It's easy to miss.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Other than the first two I think I killed every single Dangerous Cave boss on the first time going on.

I went to the manticore one too early and it stinger raped my party; that was my third and final strike with those. The rest I found too late for them to be anything but cannon fodder.

Arkeus

Arcane

You probably want the key to open the door with the padlock? Check out that you've found all the chests down there. It is in one of the hallways around the "open city" and is not in plain sight (there's some debris over it, a book case, so it's easy to miss), but I don't off hand remember the exact location.
No, every doors are 'this door is controlled by a mechanism', and the only lever i have access to is one that needs a cog to work.

I don't know where the cog is- is it outside the floor?

sser

Arcane
Developer
Fire shard is...

Off the Crystal Spider boss in the Lost City - level three or four, if I remember right.

sser

Arcane
Developer
How did you guys beat the crystal spider? It slaughtered my level 20 party pretty fast.

Its ranged shots pretty much one/two-shot the party, but for me the thing either bugged out or it has bad AI. It jumped around the room a lot and wouldn't give chase, so I just rebuffed and attacked it until it teleported elsewhere. When it would trap me in its cage thing, I'd just fight my way out while it stood in a corner out of my field of view. Without it bugging out like that, I dunno how one could beat it. It hits extremely hard with its ranged attacks and the shard trap is enough to keep you in there for a few turns during which it could easily destroy a party.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
The crystal spider demolished me at level 20 as well. I came back when I had GM light magic and celestial armour with regeneration and the Druid's other regen spell and when I got into melee the spider went down quickly, but had an annoying prison attack.

The game becomes very easy once you obtain GM status on your main skills.

sser

Arcane
Developer
If a Mercenary is dual-wielding separate weapons, I wonder if he gets bonuses for both their criticals. Like the mace would 'stun' the target and the axe would be a huge crit that causes them to bleed... and you could do it again with the Warfare tree, presumably over and over... or take a two-hand sword and crit (double shots) over and over for huge damage... seems like a pretty powerful way to build the character.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Sounds like a p. inefficient way to build a character.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom