Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
I am around level 15 in the lost city (entrance from the forest) and having a good time. Just came across my first group of savage ghouls, and got buttfucked. Not bad.

Also, spoiler:

Am I right in assuming that the lost city entrance in Seahaven is connected to this lost city? And also will I finish the Montbard quest in the lost city without having explored it (i.e. I will have to come back later?)

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Also, spoiler:

Am I right in assuming that the lost city entrance in Seahaven is connected to this lost city? And also will I finish the Montbard quest in the lost city without having explored it (i.e. I will have to come back later?)
Yes and Yes

aris

Arcane
Ok if anybody's collecting feedback, there's one thing that's annoying me the whole game - the dark minimap background in some places. I can hardly count how many times I've missed a branching path because it shows completely dark on the minimap. What drove me to whine on Codex was that I just spent half an hour trying to get to the middle section of Karthal slums, roaming the Sewers back and forth, because the plank nearby the Blackfang Hideout is so damn easy to overlook and the corresponding tile shows as black on the minimap.
Another thing that really annoys me, is that you can't scroll the map (or at least, I haven't found a way to do this)

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Yeah but still...I don't think you get that much of a benefit from mastering another weapon just for the special ability.

Does anyone know where to buy the Thunderstorm spell (it's the Grandmaster Air spell)? I've promoted my Freemage to Archmage and looked in the city libraries for it, but no luck.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
Another thing that really annoys me, is that you can't scroll the map (or at least, I haven't found a way to do this)

Considering how small the area of the map shown is, I think clicking it to see it at full size is just as good. I'd probably doing that more often even if it were possible to scroll.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ok if anybody's collecting feedback, there's one thing that's annoying me the whole game - the dark minimap background in some places. I can hardly count how many times I've missed a branching path because it shows completely dark on the minimap. What drove me to whine on Codex was that I just spent half an hour trying to get to the middle section of Karthal slums, roaming the Sewers back and forth, because the plank nearby the Blackfang Hideout is so damn easy to overlook and the corresponding tile shows as black on the minimap.

Yep, meant to include that in my whinepost too but forgot.

Btw about 10 minutes I wrote the above post I found the Sacred Grove which is the most beautiful area in the game but the minimap color problem reaches ridiculous heights here. Everything is completely black, with occasional turquoise specks now and then :)

I blame Luzur.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Does anyone know where to buy the Thunderstorm spell (it's the Grandmaster Air spell)? I've promoted my Freemage to Archmage and looked in the city libraries for it, but no luck.

I think I just bought that from the Crag. Not sure if it does anything extra, it has been kinda lackluster so far. I like the Cyclone because it seems to boost other spell damage, so Cyclone + whatever usually leads to big damage scores.

By the way, the Paladin skill to add light damage to the party is a pretty significant DPS boost. 50 mana is a steep cost, though, and it doesn't last as long as I'd like it to. The other Paladin spell - Lay on Hands or whatever - is pretty garbage, though.

Angthoron

Arcane
Fire shard is...

Off the Crystal Spider boss in the Lost City - level three or four, if I remember right.
While on topic of shards, where's the Air one? Seems I've wandered past it so far.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
There may be a quest design flaw - game has items, NPCs and locations for promotional quests even for chars you don't have, only they can't be completed. So I just jumped up and down the Cursed Ruins for half an hour trying to figure out the diabolical puzzle pertaining to the ghost and the stone disc and after concluding it must be a bug Google told me it's not a bug but a quest to promote Crusader to Paladin. And since I don't have Crusader the final quest trigger is missing.

This is confusing, I think all parties should be able to completel all quests and the promotion should be granted only where applicable.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I just installed it. Options, video and... no 1920*1200?!
:decline::outrage:

Still going to play it...
Yeah, no 16:10 support. Buuuuuut you can change it on the ini. I play on 1680x1050, it fucks up the background of the dialogue screen a bit but other than that it's fine.

So far i am wary of going into places like
Skull Rock or Tower of Enigma
because i don't have any quests about them. Where do i get those?

There's an NPC close to Skull Rock (far south of map) that gives you the quest for Grandmaster Bow training, but the main quest takes you there anyway, at the end of act 2. Tower of Enigma is the objective for the Archmage promotion quest, however you get lots of loot inside anyway even if you're not interested in the quest itself.

Repeating this for the new page - it's frustrating promoting my mage and not being able to buy the last air spell. Still can't find it anywhere.

funkadelik

Arcane
While on topic of shards, where's the Air one? Seems I've wandered past it so far.

Skull Rock level 2, it's in a chest in the boss area (Iemanja).
So far i am wary of going into places like
Skull Rock or Tower of Enigma
because i don't have any quests about them. Where do i get those?
Also the naga guy from the lighthouse gives you a quest to recover a sword which is also found in the skull cave. The tower of enigma is a freemage to archmage dungeon, there are no enemies, only puzzles. Do it whenever you please. Take on Skull Rock whenever you can.

it's frustrating promoting my mage and not being able to buy the last air spell. Still can't find it anywhere.

I felt like that with all of the grandmaster spells. Like am I missing something? They mostly felt like garbage and not the awesome godly powers I was hoping for. Woe is me.

Arkeus

Arcane
There's an NPC close to Skull Rock (far south of map) that gives you the quest for Grandmaster Bow training, but the main quest takes you there anyway, at the end of act 2. Tower of Enigma is the objective for the Archmage promotion quest, however you get lots of loot inside anyway even if you're not interested in the quest itself.
Huh? I had finished Act 2 before ever getting to the desolate land and hearing about that place, i think. Weird.

Medic

Scholar
Patron
I got to the lost city level 2 and I'm getting ass raped by ravenous ghouls every time, my party is lvl 15 Crusader/Blade Master/Shaman/Freemage. Any tips?
Mah fire magic doesn't do enough against them. :<

Arkeus

Arcane
I got to the lost city level 2 and I'm getting ass raped by ravenous ghouls every time, my party is lvl 15 Crusader/Blade Master/Shaman/Freemage. Any tips?
The Ravenous ghouls in level 2 are next to the entrance of level 3. You should not be going that way right now, there is still a lot of the level to explore (and you can do level 4 before 3).

If a Mercenary is dual-wielding separate weapons, I wonder if he gets bonuses for both their criticals. Like the mace would 'stun' the target and the axe would be a huge crit that causes them to bleed... and you could do it again with the Warfare tree, presumably over and over... or take a two-hand sword and crit (double shots) over and over for huge damage... seems like a pretty powerful way to build the character.

Since you are wielding two separate weapons they probably crit seperately and only the crit of the weapon used takes effect. At least that should be the case according to the reading of the skills.

A good rule of thumb for the game (or even M&M in general) is that there are "gateway" monsters - generally, when you face something that completely steamrolls you, you're not meant to go through it just now. It's like the spectres in the starting open area guarding the tomb. Even if you do manage to get through the gateway monsters by the skin of your teeth, the area beyond is full of them, often in multiple numbers in ambush encounters.

Think of the Lost City as kind of a bridge area and not strictly a linear dungeon, you're supposed to come back later for the harder part (it's optional).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom