Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

imweasel

I ignored the bestiary quests until the very end of the game, because the quest is apparently a bit buggy. I turned them all in to Jassad one after the other (about 5 in total) and got about 1500 xp. Worked fine.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Is there a way to eliminate the ranged-in-melee damage penalty?

Nope!

rikee.gif

Magellan

Augur
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Is there any reason to not put a heavy armor on a mage? I haven't tried it yet, but seeing that the only penalty is to attack rating, it seems, which does not apply to spell, there seems to be no penalty when it comes to spellcasting.

Rune Priest is limited to medium armor. Freemage doesn't have any armor skills. I assume the Shaman and Druid don't have heavy armor either.

Luzur

Good Sir
Did anyone else encounter a bug with the bestiary quest Sorpigal? I recorded about 20 monster types, yet the quest journal still says I have to find 10 monsters. I can't even discuss the quest topic to the quest giver in the Goblin Watchtower.

i have reported this to Limbic.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ok if anybody's collecting feedback, there's one thing that's annoying me the whole game - the dark minimap background in some places. I can hardly count how many times I've missed a branching path because it shows completely dark on the minimap. What drove me to whine on Codex was that I just spent half an hour trying to get to the middle section of Karthal slums, roaming the Sewers back and forth, because the plank nearby the Blackfang Hideout is so damn easy to overlook and the corresponding tile shows as black on the minimap.

warmonger3

Scholar
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Thought I better report my incline status.

And I am enjoying it immensely. I did choose Warrior diff. and it was ass raping hard at first probably because I made some skill choice mistakes.
Could not find an 1H Axe upgrade for my Defender so I felt gimped even though he could solo long after the rest of the party was dead.
Barb/Def/FM/Druid (I know..)
I kept on, didn't start over. This save game just kept getting better and better. You know these games give me a feeling that popamole games like Skyrim never did.

I missed feeling like this, its like I am stoned. Just have to discover one more chest, and kick more ass as payback.

Now I know the truth.
Incline is a drug.
I'm going to be complaining that there isn't a sequel (yet) very soon. :)

narupley

Scholar
Ok if anybody's collecting feedback, there's one thing that's annoying me the whole game - the dark minimap background in some places. I can hardly count how many times I've missed a branching path because it shows completely dark on the minimap. What drove me to whine on Codex was that I just spent half an hour trying to get to the middle section of Karthal slums, roaming the Sewers back and forth, because the plank nearby the Blackfang Hideout is so damn easy to overlook and the corresponding tile shows as black on the minimap.

What's wrong with that? A corridor might be so dark that your in-game characters don't know that there's a passage to the left or right, unless you face it or attempt to walk into it. That's part of exploration, part of secret-finding, etc. Plus to be honest I haven't used it yet so I wouldn't know, but doesn't the torch light spell illuminate nearby traversible tiles?

I think this is another case of "I love old-school, but having to find out things for myself is just too old-school, man".

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Urgh. Am I going to the wrong places or did all the enemies become dull HP bloat encounters after Act 1? The game had a good and fast pace to combat but now it's gotten slower and duller. I'm also getting sick of all these shit "boss" encounters who are Immune to Poison or Mana Surge and other useful effects and spells. Hay lets eliminate all the tacticool combat skills and spell in the most important encounters so you can resort to banal Tank n' Spanking and pot chugging. And lastly has anyone else tried Air magic? Seems like all the toughest enemies are pretty resistant to it. Sucks for my Mage since it's his main source of damage. My Druid seems to have less problems with his Water spells.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Why the fuck is shit immune to poison to begin with? is there some badass game-changing poison spell I'm missing because i only got the Earth Poison Spray AoE. I guess it makes sense because they're undead, but still

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I can understand undead being immune, but it's retarded when suddenly bandit leaders are immune to it, or how nearly every mage I've encountered has either been immune to mana surge or highly resistant to it. What exactly is the point, then?

Lhynn

Arcane
Air magic is really damaging, flexible and cheap, the counter point is that humans and a lot of other creatures have resistance to it.

Arkeus

Arcane
Urgh. Am I going to the wrong places or did all the enemies become dull HP bloat encounters after Act 1? The game had a good and fast pace to combat but now it's gotten slower and duller. I'm also getting sick of all these shit "boss" encounters who are Immune to Poison or Mana Surge and other useful effects and spells. Hay lets eliminate all the tacticool combat skills and spell in the most important encounters so you can resort to banal Tank n' Spanking and pot chugging. And lastly has anyone else tried Air magic? Seems like all the toughest enemies are pretty resistant to it. Sucks for my Mage since it's his main source of damage. My Druid seems to have less problems with his Water spells.

Mana surge apparently gets more reliable later on, especially as you get mastery/grandmasteries.

Air magic is really good for damage, but an awful lot of enemies earlier on resist it. That's why it's good to have at least two schools of magic with casters, so that they have an alternate way in case the enemy is heavily resistant to one. Also, keep in mind that Expert/master/grandmastery gives you resistance pentration, so that the more you focus on a school the less resisted it is.

Some poison spells are actually very strong when you get your earth mastery.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, fuck me and my eyes. Until this morning I had been searching the god damn watershard so that I could continue the storyline; I explored and killed everything I could for much much too long only to find out that my answer lied in a chest under a tipped over bookshelf past which I had walked god knows how many times. Now my party is around level 25 and everything has been more or less a pushover for my freemage-druid-defender-barbarian party and I'm trotting through empty landscapes (and if I hear one more time "We all know these parts are full of brigands, right?" I'm going to explode), I've no idea what bosses were meant to be tough. Does the difficulty ramp up anymore at act 4? Also, where can I find the quest for an archmage upgrade, fire and light shards; I might've walked past those too and at this point it's just a completionist run to see what all those things do?

Arkeus

Arcane
Oh, where is the Water shard? I am ashamed to say i have only gotten the first shard so far (earth).

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Why the fuck is shit immune to poison to begin with? is there some badass game-changing poison spell I'm missing because i only got the Earth Poison Spray AoE. I guess it makes sense because they're undead, but still
Acid Spray is a fucking awesome spell. It decreases armor and evade value by 50% or some shit. I cut through Elite Black Guards like butter with it.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Well, fuck me and my eyes. Until this morning I had been searching the god damn watershard so that I could continue the storyline; I explored and killed everything I could for much much too long only to find out that my answer lied in a chest under a tipped over bookshelf past which I had walked god knows how many times. Now my party is around level 25 and everything has been more or less a pushover for my freemage-druid-defender-barbarian party and I'm trotting through empty landscapes (and if I hear one more time "We all know these parts are full of brigands, right?" I'm going to explode), I've no idea what bosses were meant to be tough. Does the difficulty ramp up anymore at act 4? Also, where can I find the quest for an archmage upgrade, fire and light shards; I might've walked past those too and at this point it's just a completionist run to see what all those things do?
Light shard is in
Falagar's Mansion in Karthal, second floor
Fire shard is the only one I haven't found.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Acid Spray is a fucking awesome spell. It decreases armor and evade value by 50% or some shit. I cut through Elite Black Guards like butter with it.
Motherfucker where do you buy that spell? The Crag? It's Master level I assume?

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Motherfucker where do you buy that spell? The Crag? It's Master level I assume?
Yes and yes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom