Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Drowed

Arcane
Drowed, 7 acts in the game , i am only at act 4 and 70 hours played. I am not fabulously optimistic, this game beats baldur's gate 2 on every aspects and add more stuff to the genre.Only drawbacks are bugs, wich will be fixed.

Hey, it's not like I'm a particularly huge BG fan. I have made it clear several times on several topics that I had more fun playing Pillars (the first one) than both BGs. But because of the amount of bugs and complaints I saw about PK here (and everywhere), what you said sounded optimistic - not on the merits of BG, but because PK didn't seem to be particularly good. But I would be happy to be proven wrong.

hexer

And at least 30% of that playtime is loading screens ;)

Depends on the rig, I'm waiting 5 or 6 seconds for most maps to load.

Tarrasque is for chumps. Real GMs sic this on your sorry ass:

tumblr_inline_o5xbfyhJkh1r40v3d_500.jpg

qeLR2l0.jpg

Hands down, this book here has the most badass epic d20 monstrosities ever thought of.
For example, monsters that kill instantly anyone without a saving throw who just as looks at them and has 88 or lower character levels/HD.

https://www.amazon.com/Immortals-Handbook-Epic-Bestiary-One/dp/1905471610

Mortmal

Arcane
Drowed, 7 acts in the game , i am only at act 4 and 70 hours played. I am not fabulously optimistic, this game beats baldur's gate 2 on every aspects and add more stuff to the genre.Only drawbacks are bugs, wich will be fixed.

Hey, it's not like I'm a particularly huge BG fan. I have made it clear several times on several topics that I had more fun playing Pillars (the first one) than both BGs. But because of the amount of bugs and complaints I saw about PK here (and everywhere), what you said sounded optimistic - not on the merits of BG, but because PK didn't seem to be particularly good. But I would be happy to be proven wrong.
Well if you like pillar more than BG , i dont think i could say anything that could convince you .

PrettyDeadman

Has anyone looked into the files and found a way to extract the portraits yet, or introduce replacers? There's characters whose portraits I wouldn't mind replacing.
Do you need a guide?
Well, yeah?
Read the first comment https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrol...3/guide_extract_all_picturesaudio_files_from/
(make sure to replace dll, without it the program will crash while you trun to open asset files).
There is also devxunity magic tools which seems to do the same things.

Sykar

Arcane
If I were a GM: none. You get their attention, you die screaming. Simple as that.

Full intervention sure but You are telling me that Eldritch horror is going to personally bother squezing particular ant ?

What I meant is that gods in my opinion should be so powerful that any attempt of direct confrontation should lead to a swift and painful demise no ifs or buts. This incessant need to frame gods in silly stats is baffling to me. They should be beyond stats and the only way to beat them is through guile like Raistlin Majere did.

bataille

Arcane
Just to warn people who are just starting: do not choose the orc race, ever! Especially for you main character! When orcs go to negative hp, they continuse fighting for 1 more round instead of going unconscious, and later in the game that mostly means that they go from their -10 or whatever hp to DED in the next hit, because 1 round is usually either not enough to properly heal or some owlbear gibs your character with a 30 hp bite. The cherry on top? You can revive unconscious characters with healing spells anyway, so that 'bonus' round is just another chance for enemy to kill-kill you.

I knew my experiment with NOT playing an elf would not go unpunished. Now my druid gets gibbed to game over almost half the times I decide to put that bear form to use...

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
At least all this talk about bugs makes me feel better about not having time to play Kingmaker this week.
At least we have time to experiment with builds until patches come through.

8gVfwOy.jpg

Feels neat replaying the Stag Lord arc while listening to corny grimdark metal.

Your HP + Dmg will be impressive but your survivability is very low without Dex ... basically you'll eat damage like a sponge.

Impressive in the beginning but not so impressive towards the end game. It's a glass cannon build.

Vatnik Wumao
At least all this talk about bugs makes me feel better about not having time to play Kingmaker this week.

8gVfwOy.jpg

Your HP + Dmg will be impressive but your survivability is very low without Dex ... basically you'll eat damage like a sponge.

Impressive in the beginning but not so impressive towards the end game. It's a glass cannon build.

Going to add another point into dexterity, but that's about it. Max bonus AC from Dex is 1 when wearing the heaviest armor, so I don't see the point of wasting more points into it.

Or am I missing something?
https://www.google.ro/url?sa=t&rct=...estion-mark/&usg=AOvVaw0rTqiNSlpuml7xXL2huAdX

Mortmal

Arcane
Does anyone know if it is possible to complete Harrim's quest, while still
accepting the trolls as your vassals.

As soon as I accept the offer, I am thrown out of the castle, and Harrim's quest is failed.
No alas , i cannot either...One big design flaw.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

8gVfwOy.jpg

Going to add another point into dexterity, but that's about it. Max bonus AC from Dex is 1 when wearing the heaviest armor, so I don't see the point of wasting more points into it.

Or am I missing something?

Nah, you can be fine with low dex builds. Especially with Armoured Hulk and Invulnerable Rager.

I'd still recommend at least 12 dex for things other than AC. Reflex, initiative etc.

Wisdom is never a great thing to dump as a barbarian either. 12 is usually a good amount.

Vatnik Wumao
If I were a GM: none. You get their attention, you die screaming. Simple as that.

Full intervention sure but You are telling me that Eldritch horror is going to personally bother squezing particular ant ?

What I meant is that gods in my opinion should be so powerful that any attempt of direct confrontation should lead to a swift and painful demise no ifs or buts. This incessant need to frame gods in silly stats is baffling to me. They should be beyond stats and the only way to beat them is through guile like Raistlin Majere did.
Basically this,
1406222381007.jpg

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Didn't Call of Cuthlthuthul come out with a d20-based game book? What are the Elder Horrors and assorted Elder Gods' stats?

Yeah, it was by Monty Cook, actually.

((also whoever tagged "citation needed" to the rest issue, fucking just try it you dumbass))

Vatnik Wumao
Nah, you can be fine with low dex builds. Especially with Armoured Hulk and Invulnerable Rager.

I'd still recommend at least 12 dex for things other than AC. Reflex, initiative etc.

Wisdom is never a great thing to dump as a barbarian either. 12 is usually a good amount.
Well, in that case I could go with 20-12-16-7-12-8. Although I am still not sure as to the advantages of wisdom besides will save fails (which can be either avoided or combated through party work).

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I can't get over how well done the CYOA sequences are and how fucking fantastic it is that if you have the right shit in your inventory, you can use it, and the game doesn't make it a big deal or point it out, you just happen to have that in your inventory, so of course you can use it.

OVb6FCi.png

Truer words have never been spoken.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Well, in that case I could go with 20-12-16-7-12-8. Although I am still not sure as to the advantages of wisdom besides will save fails (which can be either avoided or combated through party work).

Will saves, modifiers on perception (not used as often as the P&P but still frequent in dialogue and sometimes in combat vs stealth) and some other skills.

Don't underestimate the importance of decent will saves on martials, a lot of nasty effects can be avoided with will (and good ol' barbarian mind control/loss of control TPK).

Vatnik Wumao
Will saves, modifiers on perception (not used as often as the P&P but still frequent in dialogue and sometimes in combat vs stealth) and some other skills.

Don't underestimate the importance of decent will saves on martials, a lot of nasty effects can be avoided with will (and good ol' barbarian mind control/loss of control TPK).

True enough, although I do believe that as long as the base is viable, proper tweaking should be a direct reaction to experienced inefficiency in playing. Otherwise you'd end up stuck in theory instead of enjoying the game. So yeah, guess I have to go hit a wall in game and muse upon my wretchedness.

hexer

Soooooooooooooo many 5 level spells to chose from!
Pure incline bros

Edit: Lol, maybe it's a bug

Last edited by a moderator:

hell bovine

Arcane
Soooooooooooooo many 5 level spells to chose from!
Pure incline bros

Edit: Lol, maybe it's a bug
Check their levels. Apparently the fix to the broken hotfix introduced a bug, where you can choose any spell regardless of the level. I guess now is the time to run your unfair sorcerers spamming horrid wiltings at level one. :lol:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/comments/9kpwtk/full_sorcerer_wizard_spell_list/

they didn't implement most of the spells, despite implementing feats that affect spells not present.

Spells DLC incoming?
There seems to be tons of vestigial stuff. Weapon Focus for weapons that aren't there, feats or class options that doesn't exist referenced in descriptions, etc.

I doubt it's for planned implementation through DLC:s. More likely it's just unfinished stuff that was hastily tidied up for release as the game was pushed out the door.

hexer

Check their levels. Apparently the fix to the broken hotfix introduced a bug, where you can choose any spell regardless of the level. I guess now is the time to run your unfair sorcerers spamming horrid wiltings at level one. :lol:

Exactly that happened except I don't see higher level spells on the list to choose from, only those of same level or lower.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
There seems to be tons of vestigial stuff. Weapon Focus for weapons that aren't there, feats or class options that doesn't exist referenced in descriptions, etc.

I doubt it's for planned implementation through DLC:s. More likely it's just unfinished stuff that was hastily tidied up for release as the game was pushed out the door.
Might also be copy-pasted English descriptions from the ruleset, with no plans to ever add the items and spells.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom