Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

TOEE is orgasmic

Max Damage

Savant
1. Tell someone they got into the game just because of mods
2. Get told "no"
3. Continue play retard
I've changed my mind, this deserves a negative star out of five. This is last reply from me, because your trolling gets worse every time you post, you just continue to selectively reply ignoring the context of what you wrote before, and by this time my eyes fell out from all the :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
So I got the itch to play ToEE again and installed Co8 8.1 standard,the final version but the front end says on one hand 8.1 while below it says 8 and has the 2013 date that 8.0 was released not 2014 whne the final one was released,is this a bug or a feature?

78F3r0F.png

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Any mod that adds tier 6~9 spells for ToEE?
renderTimingPixel.png

I recently purchased ToEE(gog), is an amazing in depth game. The most faithful adaptation of D&D into an cRPG. But there are an problem. The level cap is too low and there are no high level spells. I really wanna use Stop Time and other similar spells.

Sykar

Arcane
Any mod that adds tier 6~9 spells for ToEE?
renderTimingPixel.png

I recently purchased ToEE(gog), is an amazing in depth game. The most faithful adaptation of D&D into an cRPG. But there are an problem. The level cap is too low and there are no high level spells. I really wanna use Stop Time and other similar spells.

People already mentioned the Co8+ and Temple+ mods...

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I don't think they add higher level spells :/ I just got to level 9 but my highest level spells are level 5. Although they are powerful as hell and you get a lot of them. I am kicking the temples ass but I forgot how huge it is. I have been playing every day yet still only scratched the surface of the temple. I killed the brigands room, but not gone far beyond that. I cleared 90% of the first floor, and about 60% of the second floor. That's about it. Love this game so much.

But yeah.... A higher level version of this game with high level spells would be the best thing EVER!

Sykar

Arcane
I don't think they add higher level spells :/ I just got to level 9 but my highest level spells are level 5. Although they are powerful as hell and you get a lot of them. I am kicking the temples ass but I forgot how huge it is. I have been playing every day yet still only scratched the surface of the temple. I killed the brigands room, but not gone far beyond that. I cleared 90% of the first floor, and about 60% of the second floor. That's about it. Love this game so much.

But yeah.... A higher level version of this game with high level spells would be the best thing EVER!

Yes one of those two mods does increase level cap to 20 and introduces the spell level 6-9 also including a couple of prestige classes and base casses. Just so you know the earliest you can get level 6 spells is level 11...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What are level 10+ modules that would fit into ToEE and be worthy of adapting?
Tim Cain wanted to do GDQ (Against the Giants, Descent into the Depths of the Earth, Queen of the Demonweb Pits), it's officially considered a follow-up.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
What are level 10+ modules that would fit into ToEE and be worthy of adapting?
Tim Cain wanted to do GDQ (Against the Giants, Descent into the Depths of the Earth, Queen of the Demonweb Pits), it's officially considered a follow-up.
:updatedmytxt:
I think finding someone to draw the map screen backgrounds that you see as you walk around in game is the most difficult thing about this. It's much easier to slap down enemy id's to define an encounter than to get art that fits in with the game and is of high enough quality.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot

Yes one of those two mods does increase level cap to 20 and introduces the spell level 6-9 also including a couple of prestige classes and base casses. Just so you know the earliest you can get level 6 spells is level 11...
Ahh cool! I will probably be level 11 soon. I think the only time I ever played with stuff like Time Stop was in IWD2 or something. Can't remember if it was in BG2 but I hardly ever get to enjoy the high level spells!

Last edited:

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Ahh cool! I will probably be level 11 soon. I think the only time I ever played with stuff like Time Stop was in IWD2 or something. Can't remember if it was in BG2 but I hardly ever get to enjoy the high level spells!

Time stop was in BG2. In fact you'd see it used against you by liches and such.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
That troll guard, "Me tell you everything. Please don't kill me, me just a low guard."

:(

Feelsbad man. But exp is exp and trolls are evil. Maybe I am too.

bussinrounds

Augur
Any way to revert back to standard from a new content install...or do I have to start over ?

Last edited:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Some random thoughts I wanna try to remember for next time:

• The godly ranseur thing you can get in the temple, I would probably spec one of my characters to use that.

• Rogue works quite well with a bow. Daggers are ok but she gets hit so much and dies easily if something huge hits her. The bow/crossbow is a lot safer and similar damage. I wish I picked that for weapon specialization etc. Or just a full ranger build. But I likely wont do a rogue/ranger again. I would prefer to have a melee with a long range weapon that slaughters stuff with attacks of opportunity, or another spell caster that nukes the world. Having more than 1 spell caster is perfectly awesome. Even more than 1 wizzy is fine. Make one evocation and one focus on dominating minds.

• I completely gave up on resting and I shouldn't have. I used to just head back to town every time I had used most of my spells. But you can actually rest even in the TOEE. You get ambushed every time, but sometimes it is just one troll which you can gank and then you are ready to fight for another hour. It doesn't recover your health but it recovers all the spells which is the important thing. And the magic chest thing makes loot no longer a concern. Just keep filling the chest forever.

• Clerics are so damn strong. Turn Undead just instantly kills a whole room full of undeads, although I've only done this a few times. But it is nice to have.... You get a lot of heals and buffs, enough that I now have some offensive spells (summons mostly), but also Holy Smite which absolutely destroys stuff. Don't be like me and not notice the domain tab. You keep getting more of them as you level up so you can have a lot more than the one you start with.

• You can kinda trivialize some fights by having your tank stand perfectly in the middle of a hallway so things cant get past. Everything just piles up behind the Fighter, then you can use fireballs, ice storms, holy smite etc. and hit about 20 enemies all at once. If the path to the tank gets completely blocked, distant enemies will stop approaching. But you can just summon some creatures nearby and the enemies will come and kill them. Once they are all bunched up together, unleash your huge spells for glorious mass destruction.

• Buffs are worth it. Stuff like Bears Endurance and Barkskin can all stack up on your tank and he basically only takes damage from 1 in every 50 attacks. He is kinda immortal. Also Full Defense tips the scales even further and makes him mostly untouchable. Let him tank everything, and use the other characters to blow everything up.

• Avoid ranged touch stuff on your casters because they will miss them half the time. You can use ranger type feats to make this better, but I prefer to just focus on fireballs, cones of whatever, etc. Stuff that doesn't miss. And you can focus your feats on better stuff.

• I really love my Druid. It is nice to have a second healer for shitty situations like if your Cleric dies or is surrounded or whatever. Also the Druid can do some ok melee, and some really good offensive spells. You seem to be able to make a Druid play in many different ways depending on how you build it and what spells you pick. But overall he just seems really useful and reliable. He is about 10 times better than my rogue.

• Monster summons are really weak. It looks cool but they can't hit for shit. I like them to distract enemies, and occasionally they can help with tanking (if you use say an Earth Elemental), but at higher levels, all the lower level summons die in a few hits and never land their own hits. They also can't be buffed. I think it is worth having a few summons in your party but next time I would focus on other spells instead. Although I never boosted his conjuration, not sure if that would have helped.

• Call Lightning is quite good. I only just got it because I assumed it would only work outdoors, but it works everywhere.

• I think some spells like Bestow Curse are not very good. They are only a single target and 99% of battles are against 100 enemies so it sucks. Against one big strong target, it is really powerful though. But you also have to get so close to cast it on the enemy, you have a good chance of being killed just by attempting it.

• If you are fighting at a bottleneck in a big room, you can summon creatures at the far side of the room to reveal it all.

• Cloudkill is uber.

• Speedhack is essential. Works like a dream for travelling but it also really speeds up battles with huge numbers of enemies.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Something I personally attest to is the strength of Rogues. I firmly believe that the humble Rogue is the king of end game damage dealing. He is the scrawny wimp you made of in school who bulked up 100 pounds of pure muscle 2 years later. The sneak attack damage bonuses are absolutely insane. Thorned chains of love are my favorite weapon for them.

Max Damage

Savant
On summons: I find them to be pretty good at low levels (1 through 4). Even if they don't kill anyone, they still soak up hits/misses, which buys you plenty of time. When summoned behind enemy's back while they're in melee range of your character(s), you get Flanked bonus to hit rolls + this enables sneak attacks, which is vital for rogues. I don't use summons every time (except for druid's wolf and black bear, who are pretty good for lvl 1-2 summons), but they're good safety net, and pretty much essential for small parties to survive Moathouse. Level 5 and onwards, you get lots of great spells that make summons quite less appealing, but even then they have their uses (by that point I mostly use scrolled/druid's spontaneous lvl1-2 summons though). As for buffs, the real good thing is you can make them permanent via wondrous item crafting. My poor druid usually lags quite a bit in levels because I keep him at lvl 3 for better exp gains, that way you can get Strength/Dexterity/Constitution/Wisdom +6 items in no time.

sgm

Educated
Avoid ranged touch stuff on your casters because they will miss them half the time.

This is what true strike is for.

Typically wizards using these spells should have high Dexterity for a nice bonus to hit and either take Point Blank Shot and Precise Shot for their class feats, or a level in Fighter to get them.

I don't typically use summons, though the war dog from the Level 2 summon spell carried me through the end of the moat-house once. I generally do not use them. Rogues in 3rd edition are like salt to cooking. Alone it is to be avoided, but they make almost any dish better. I prefer Fighter/Rogue with polearms, but have had great success with Ranger/Rogue doing two-weapon fighting. It just takes more time to get going.

Jigby

Augur
+1 on summons are good for flanking. For the most OP spell I'd go with invisibility sphere - most of the time you can setup a situation where there's a room full of enemies and a hallway leading to the room acting as a bottleneck. You can cast invisibility sphere in such a way where you block the entrance with 2 chars and position rest of the party behind them with the invis sphere providing long lasting cheap concealment. Another useful spell is Longstrider - I like to use dwarves for all the bonuses they have and going from speed 20 to 30 is a world of difference. Third and last when I was ironmaning the game I needed to find a comfortable way on how to deal with Balor's fear aura. The DC is fairly high (IIRC 25), but turns out you can counterspell it in a completely deterministic fashion. Counterspell in a D&D game! Feels like playing MTG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom