Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think a lot of the flak could’ve been avoided, if they had been bolder and more creative with mechanics and systems. A lot of world and narrative blandness could relative easily be mitigated via ”actually” interesting gameplay (mechanics and presentation) and world interactivity.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I think a lot of the flak could’ve been avoided, if they had been bolder and more creative with mechanics and systems. A lot of world and narrative blandness could relative easily be mitigated via ”actually” interesting gameplay (mechanics and presentation) and world interactivity.

And Itemization.

I'd be very satisfied with the game as is, if the systems were more intricate / more rewarding/unique in case of itemization.

ciox

Liturgist

You don't get it dude, traits not doing anything was a CLEVER JOKE!!!

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
That's right now. The more mediocre games they release, the more it degrades the Obsidian brand. At least that's my hope.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Digimon Story Complete Edition > TOW > Deadfire
My friendship Obsidian ended, Media.Vision is my best Friend.

Cyber Sleuth made complete drop TOW, maybe one day but now is time to grind for the Demon lords.

Last edited:

Duraframe300

Arcane

Cyber Sleuth made complete drop TOW, maybe one day but now is time to grind for the Demon lords.

Scrub

digi.jpg

Talk to me after spending an hour+ in front of a slot machine trying to get the last one of those damn medals.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist

Scrub

digi.jpg

Talk to me after spending an hour+ in front of a slot machine trying to get the last one of those damn medals.

:negative: I getting my ass kicked by the demon lords.. I only beated Beelzemon because Jesusmon OP counter move. Creepymon instad kill my whole party and i don't want to make a UltraVeedramon. But one day i gonna beat that Arcade and all those Demon Lord on hard.. Getting the medals must be total pain.

Duraframe300

Arcane

Scrub

digi.jpg

:negative: I getting my ass kicked by the demon lords.. I only beated Beelzemon because Jesusmon OP counter move. Creepymon instad kill my whole party and i don't want to make a UltraVeedramon. But one day i gonna beat that Arcade and all those Demon Lord on hard.. Getting the medals must be total pain.

To be fair, I have an unhealthy amount of JRPG Platinium Trophies. Including FF X (and VII, XII, XIII, XIII-2, LR and WOFF, but they are all a joke compared to 0:00 chocobo), Star Ocean 4+5, a few Tales Games, Persona 4+5 and all Kingdom Hearts Games except 3 and Dream Drop Distance.

So, much so that hunderds of hour long JRPG's are nearly the only plats I actually have.

... Which may not be the healthiest gaming habit.

:negative:

jf8350143

Liturgist
concept stellar bay looks dope, realized version is a bit of dope from a long distance...

That's pretty much the standard for every video game ever. Concept art looks great, in game version looks like crap.

Currently game industry doesn't have the technology to make in game model looks as good as concept art without pouring too much time and resources into it.

gestalt11

Arbiter
concept stellar bay looks dope, realized version is a bit of dope from a long distance...

That's pretty much the standard for every video game ever. Concept art looks great, in game version looks like crap.

Currently game industry doesn't have the technology to make in game model looks as good as concept art without pouring too much time and resources into it.

I don't think "technology" explains the horror shows of OW and Bethesda character generation. No there is some serious anti-talent involved in that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom