Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
If they put it on early access make it like 1-2 hour gameplay and not whole 1st chapter.

Gyor

Savant
There is no indication that Hasbro is funding Baldur's Gate 3's development. I don't know why you would think that Larian "has no big budget". They've been very successful.

They are getting some extra bucks from Google for putting it on the Stadia, though.

Do you think that extra money from Google for doing a Stadia version of BG3 includes the massive ad spending by Google for Baldur's Gate 3 Stadia version?

I mean I was seeing Stadia ads with shots of the original BG3 clip before Stadia was even out.

You just know that Google is going to be spending a shit load of money on BG3 Stadia version ads as soon as after the 27th at some point, BG3 appears to be their Hail Mary Pass to save Stadia, but even if BG3 fails to save Stadia all those ads for BG3 are going to be a huge boost to BG3's own sales.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
There is no indication that Hasbro is funding Baldur's Gate 3's development. I don't know why you would think that Larian "has no big budget". They've been very successful.

They are getting some extra bucks from Google for putting it on the Stadia, though.

Do you think that extra money from Google for doing a Stadia version of BG3 includes the massive ad spending by Google for Baldur's Gate 3 Stadia version?

I mean I was seeing Stadia ads with shots of the original BG3 clip before Stadia was even out.

You just know that Google is going to be spending a shit load of money on BG3 Stadia version ads as soon as after the 27th at some point, BG3 appears to be their Hail Mary Pass to save Stadia, but even if BG3 fails to save Stadia all those ads for BG3 are going to be a huge boost to BG3's own sales.

Whether the game is good or a piece of shit it will still succeed for this alone. Advertising is everything. And the game reviewers will give it high points because it's a new triple AAA type release with a lot of hype from the advertising even though they probably won't even play past chapter 2 and what they do play will be in story mode because they have a line up of games to review by the end of the month.

Elex

Arbiter
Well, they did CGI trailer and custom emoji on Twitter (which costs 1M USD). And presumably another CGI trailer is coming on 27th.
I'm sure they'll totally involve Critical Role as well!

5_DreddJaw.gif
You know that the next D&D book is a critical role one?
https://dnd.wizards.com/products/wildemount

Murk

Arcane
Well, they did CGI trailer and custom emoji on Twitter (which costs 1M USD). And presumably another CGI trailer is coming on 27th.
I'm sure they'll totally involve Critical Role as well!

5_DreddJaw.gif
You know that the next D&D book is a critical role one?
https://dnd.wizards.com/products/wildemount

I abandoned mainline D&D after 3.5; so while I mourn for the continued rape of something that I once loved, the idea that I have to suffer this shit again is too much:

EDIT: Shit, I didn't realize you could romance her... I was just looking for an example of voicelines.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I think that when Swen sexually harasses an employee, they respond with "what took you so long, Swen!" and throw themselves in his arms.
Pfff, what's the point of sexually harassing someone if they are just going to give themselves to you right after.

Harthwain

Magister
Regarding the whole motion capture and all the details they put on characters. I won't be surprised if the end result will be something like this:

Mazisky

Magister
I think visually it will be like Nuxcom 2: isometric but with cinematic camera for spells and attacks during turns, whit highly detailed models.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The only scenario in which it's gonna be turn-based is if Swen wants to take a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge risk, maybe even a dumb risk. The only way that would work is the old "famous because it's famous" trick, to spin it during marketing into something "must have" for normies. That isn't entirely in his control, though, the game "journalists" have to have an unreasonable obsession with it (like with D:OS2).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom