Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

user

Savant
combat similar to HoMM III
Special Global Map Events

jizz-in-my-6eb832c5dc.jpg

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I'm pretty sure even the KKKonsensus agrees Kingmaker was too long.
Nah. It's around the Pitax Chapter and onwards where the fatigue hits. Which is due to the fact that the game felt rushed after the Pitax chapter.
Yeah, it's absurd to posit that people can play all the way through Baldur's Gate, all the way through Baldur's Gate II, and all the way through Throne of Bhaal without it becoming "tOo lOoOoOoNg", but would become fatigued by Kingmaker alone. The issue is never that a game is "too long". If your game becomes too long, it's because you've done something wrong and you can't keep it interesting, such as in the case of Pitax and then the House at the End of Time. Kingmaker was simply unfinished on release, and the end of the game was marred in such a way that it couldn't be easily fixed - Pitax being stale and the House being shit aren't exactly bugs.

Wrath of the Righteous is only going to be 2/3 as big as Kingmaker. That's a massive reduction in size and playtime. Along with claims of impending "quality of lyfe" changes, the red flags are piling up.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I will play Cassandra and say that homm minigame would take a lot of resources much needed for the actual base game, would stretch development time, lead to bugs, half of players would hate it, but they would in third game make another minigame anyway.

user

Savant
I will play Cassandra and say that homm minigame would take a lot of resources much needed for the actual base game, would stretch development time, lead to bugs, half of players would hate it, but they would in third game make another minigame anyway.

Silence infidel! HoMM can only mean incline!

Shadenuat

Arcane
Imagine them pouring resources and coding into SCS style mage duels and AI and encounters instead of minigames.

But who wants brilliant monsters, dungeons and itemization in action adventure D&D game, right?

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Wrath of the Righteous is only going to be 2/3 as big as Kingmaker.

Wait where is this mentioned?
I linked it earlier and quoted it specifically.
Along with the other red flags, I'd like to add "overstretching" and "overpromising". It's not that I don't think they can do it properly, it's that I'm not sure if they've properly accounted for the fact that as complexity rises, so does costs and development time. I'm not sure they can do everything they've promised so far while still maintaining quality.

Especially Mounted Combat and Tactical Battles for Armies stand out as big potential fuckups. There's no "Oops this didn't turn out great" with those. They're either great or garbage. Nobody cares overly much if an extra archetype is bugged or lackluster, odds are it'll just never be played, but if these things are fucked up, everyone will absolutely notice and it will affect the game in ways most things do not.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
God dammit to hell. We're going to lose to the discord trannies again.
Throw enough idiots at something and you'll get it eventually. I hate that discord. They once got mad at me for trying to talk about a topic that they apparently talked amount 10 minutes ago.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

Meh that's unfortunate. The first decline I felt from this campaign.

On the other hand I guess Mythics providing different outcomes will make the game much more replayable.
It's a HUGE decline actually. Looks like the legions of casuals bitching and crying finally beat us. Welp. At least I got Unfair + to look forward to.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
God dammit to hell. We're going to lose to the discord trannies again.
Throw enough idiots at something and you'll get it eventually. I hate that discord. They once got mad at me for trying to talk about a topic that they apparently talked amount 10 minutes ago.
Yeah, the "official" Discord is absolutely shit. It's a poisonous tranny central. Owlcat really should disassociate themselves with that shit.

Meh that's unfortunate. The first decline I felt from this campaign.

On the other hand I guess Mythics providing different outcomes will make the game much more replayable.
No amount of "muh replayabilite" will fix a narrative being too short, a poor leveling curve, rushed storytelling, bad pacing, or a lack of exploration. A game is not its outcomes. Different outcomes are a nice bonus, but ultimately, the meat of the bones is the actual game which we're playing.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
I can imagine Mishulin be like: "hoho. can't wait people to say that best heroes after heroes V is a minigame from Pathfinder"

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

If these were HOMM virgins we were talking about like the Deadfiretards and Ship Combat sure. But these are (a) Russians and (b) veteran HOMM devs. Shit's in their blood. This is their wheelhouse.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom