Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Whatever Larian has ever done awesomely right was system agnostic.
Whatever Larian has ever done horribly wrong was (their) system specific.
:retarded:
do you even know what are you talking about?

It's not rtwp, but it's one of the most successful rpg ever. You can't really believe its combat system didn't influence every single rpg released shortly after.

After Diablo 1 came out, there was pressure on Tim Cain to make Fallout also real time and make it more like Diablo.

This is a myth I see constantly and it refuses to die
:retarded:

Last edited:

Child of Malkav

Erudite
I haven't succumbed to that shit spider boy. Matter of fact I squish spiders wherever I see them. Kinda recall one looking just like you. A relative maybe? I don't know. Y'all look the same to me.
Anyway go skitter in some of the other dark corners of the internet.
He's a spider... on the web...

Your move.
That web is a large one. Hence the corner switch advice.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
3XBQBnQ.jpg

My man Marcus had 14 kids though (By his wife).

Knocking up Palvin 14 times? That's what, two, three minutes altogether for the average Codexer?

Plenty of time left for Meditating. She'd be good for it too. Good set of child-bearing hips on that one.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
I haven't succumbed to that shit spider boy. Matter of fact I squish spiders wherever I see them. Kinda recall one looking just like you. A relative maybe? I don't know. Y'all look the same to me.
Anyway go skitter in some of the other dark corners of the internet.

Child of Malkav, you keep speaking words like that and there won't be a Teen of Malkav nor an Adult of Malkav.

ONLY A CORPSE OF MALKAV. Hahahahaha. Aaaaahahahahahahahaha.
Come at me, eight legged hell spawn. Haven't killed one of your kind in quite some time. My boots, my insecticide, everything is ready.
You know, even though I clean regularly, I'm pretty sure that when I walk through the house I actually walk on carpets made of corpses. Can never really get them out, they just stay there and rot. Your friends, ex-s, who gives a shit? Can almost hear the sounds when stepping on them you know? A crack here, a soft squish there. Music to my ears.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Come at me, eight legged hell spawn. Haven't killed one of your kind in quite some time. My boots, my insecticide, everything is ready.
You know, even though I clean regularly, I'm pretty sure that when I walk through the house I actually walk on carpets made of corpses. Can never really get them out, they just stay there and rot. Your friends, ex-s, who gives a shit? Can almost hear the sounds when stepping on them you know? A crack here, a soft squish there. Music to my ears.

Take that back or I will kill your dog.

Neerasrc

Learned
In the past there were discussions of "Baldur's gate" VS "Diablo". Which is better RPG?

"Blizzard north" team made a statement. Our game is not RPG, it is "hacking and slash". As a result, "comparison" is extremely unreasonable. -)

Generic-Giant-Spider

This reminds me of a PC Gamer magazine I had that tried to do a whole "Icewind Dale vs. Diablo II" article. Even as a dumb kid I knew that comparison wasn't right.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah and one of them is going to be a hot babe you can romance? Not fucking likely in current year.

I don't know if this artist still works for Larian but he was pretty adamant about having babes in games https://www.deviantart.com/orogion/journal/Save-the-Boob-plate-380891149

Additionally http://www.lar.net/2013/02/28/self-censorship/

It also doesn’t help that our lead animator decided that on this particular game he was going to show the world what he thinks of censorship. He made the most obvious sexist camera shot ever for the introduction of the dwarven princess to the dragon knight, and then queried me whether I thought it was over the top, and whether or not such an expression of artistic freedom belonged in a game. As I was debating the issue openly I somehow managed to get half Larian around me, who vigorously let me know that censorship is a thing of the devil and what they thought about their right to aim a camera at a dwarven princess’ breasts.

I let them cook a bit by playing the devil’s advocate, but let it in because a) I’m no big fan of censorship, b) I’m no fan of enforced politically correctness because it gives media too much power to shape opinion and c) I thought there was something symbolical about this particular shot being such a discussion generator just because it was visual. I think there is much more controversial stuff than this in the way the councillors formulate their opnions , but apparently the fact that that’s just words doesn’t provoke the same emotions.

Yosharian

Arcane
The fact that such a person (the detractor, that is, not the enthusiastic artist) even works at Larian is decline, but OK, you piqued my interest. I'll believe it when I see it.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I can't believe no one wants to fuck Shadowheart. You are truly worthy bearers of Bioware's legacy.
Am not sure I'll stop laughing at her name long enough to have sex though.
Her name is very similar with my DnD character names. I just make two lists of random names and throw the dice to decide the end result, that is how I got Shadowday, the thief. I guess Larian uses a similar method.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Some trivia: Diablo was being developed as a turn-based game
This is a myth I see constantly and it refuses to die. They never developed Diablo as a turn-based game, it was suggested for it to be TB in design documents, but someone (publishers?) said no and they went with real time.
David Brevik talked about it here (at 27:00 he talks about the moment they tried real-time for the first time):

BarbequeMasta

Learned
Which is overdue after BG fucked the genre for over two decades straight.
Please elaborate. I'm new around here, so I don't know how and why BG fucked the genre for over two decades straight.
RTWP.

Chad rtwp vs virgin TB
It's funny how most BG3 fans straight up hate BG 1 and 2(both here and everywhere I look from reddit to youtube comments), tells you all you need to know about the game.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's funny how most BG3 fans straight up hate BG 1 and 2(both here and everywhere I look from reddit to youtube comments), tells you all you need to know about the game.

Yup, BG 3 "fans" (of a game that yet to exist) are Larian and TB fanatics that slurp all TB games as "good" and "tactical"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom