Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo Immortal - MMO ARPG for mobile platforms - massive butthurt at Blizzcon

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Since even before Diablo 3's release, who gives a shit? Diablo 3 was consolized garbage since release, and Blizzard has been in decline since the second Activision sniffed at them.

The Blizztard butthurt is frankly delicious.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Check out the like/dislike ratio lmao

they are suposedly deleting comments now. What a shame.

I wonder if Blizzard saw this coming after EA announced the Command and Conquer mobile game that was met with similar disdain. I wonder if they just plugged their ears and covered their eyes and said "LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU".

They probably didn't care. Despite the (legitimate) bitching from gamers, mobile games are sadly humongously profitable, because humanity is trash.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Wow, making a mobile game is one thing. But they presented a mobile game of a PC-oriented IP in the main announcement at Blizzcon, when fans are eager to hear about a new thing? That's a whole other thing. At least Bethesda announced logo for Elder Scrolls 6 at E3.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Wow, making a mobile game is one thing. But they presented a mobile game of a PC-oriented IP in the main announcement at Blizzcon, when fans are eager to hear about a new thing? That's a whole other thing. At least Bethesda announced logo for Elder Scrolls 6 at E3.

We live in a timeline where Bethesda are the good guys !

Cael

Arcane
This shit looks exactly as D3 as far as visuals go. It's basically a D3 mod, developed by Chinamen for mobile. Lmao. The cash grab is real.
Can they even show spooky scary skeletons and demons to a Chinese audience? I thought Chinks were afraid of ghosts.
Only the older, more traditional generation. The mainlanders fucked tradition in the eye and have no culture other than what old man Mao and the commies made up for them, which is why they are such arrogant shitheads who think the entire universe not only belongs to them but owes them everything.

J1M

Arcane
This shit looks exactly as D3 as far as visuals go. It's basically a D3 mod, developed by Chinamen for mobile. Lmao. The cash grab is real.
People aren't very upset about D3 on Switch. They understand it is a simple cash grab, whatever.

If they had just called this D3 for phones people wouldn't have been so upset. The confusion about the poor reception on the presenters' faces is because *they* know it is just a D3 'port', but some of the fans believe them when they say it is a *new* game that they will miss out on.

Also, this garbage is a prequel which tells you that it is of no consequence and they did that so they wouldn't even have to oversee the story details, etc.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Can they even show spooky scary skeletons and demons to a Chinese audience? I thought Chinks were afraid of ghosts.
Only the older, more traditional generation. The mainlanders fucked tradition in the eye and have no culture other than what old man Mao and the commies made up for them, which is why they are such arrogant shitheads who think the entire universe not only belongs to them but owes them everything.

Why'd they freak out over Ghostbusters then?

J1M

Arcane
One more thing: they changed the monk's race from a white russian to a brownskin. A little hard to see with the purposeful obfuscation, but pretty obvious if you look for it.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
They probably didn't care. Despite the (legitimate) bitching from gamers, mobile games are sadly humongously profitable, because humanity is trash.

Yep they will most likely make buckets of money from the casuals. They are to busy lighting cigars with hundred dollar bills to care about dislikes on a Youtube video. It will be funny to watch the people who defended D3 screaming and crying over this tho.

Generic-Giant-Spider

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGHSHHKMGVHDSKDFDHKSNFDFBCSVCGSHWFK;LDAHSBCVDLVGJNFSTROKESTROKEVJNVHVBYUDIFV

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
DrCdDBNWoAE2mXP.jpg

Generic-Giant-Spider

Okay sorry, I just got revived from being clinically dead and can now process my thoughts more clearly:

Look, I know Diablo won't ever go back to ye olde D1 days. It's impossible, it just can't, the world accepts transsexuals and has pride parades that don't end in hate crime beatings. It doesn't work anymore.

But JESUS boys, they really went hard on this one! Can you imagine if you were a lifelong Diablo fan regardless of D3 and heard all about how this year's Blizzcon's would have some of the biggest, most exciting news for Diablo as a franchise? You'd buy your overpriced ticket, you'd bring a wide array of smelling salts to ward off the grime and dry semen from the Overwatch fandom and you'd be there for this announcement front and center. You'd be ready for the potential return of incline with Diablo IV, maybe a remastered Diablo II, perhaps they'll just play the Tristram song for two hours and let people hold up candles (j/k, they'd use some gay shit like glowsticks instead). But no, none of that.

YOU GET DIABLO IMMORTALS, FAGGOT. LOL

I'm not even upset, I knew this series was fucked and done since 2008 when registered sex offender and public toilet destroyer, Jay Wilson, announced D3 in France. I came to peace with Diablo being dead. But man oh man... Blizzard, I know Blizzard gets tons of shit but let's just say one thing here: this took HUGE balls to do. Holy fuck. I would never do this, I couldn't imagine standing on that stage wearing a big impressive Diablo shirt, demon head and all, and shoveling this shit out on a big screen. Lmao

God, I actually love this. I'm actually a fan of Blizzard again because they're such CUNTS. They got every Diablo fan in a big auditorium just to make them watch a snuff movie of their franchise being brutally murdered with a shovel. Do you know the best part of this? They actually give Blizzcon goers a "loot bag" sort of thing which has a bunch of little souvenirs to remind you that you were there. Hahahaha, every Diablo fan that just got their heart ripped out of them by Kano a few hours ago has something to always remember this event by.

Well done, Blizzard. This was a master troll. What madmen. Fuck those losers.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Blizzard, I don't even

They'll be the laughing stock and whipping boy of the internet for the entire weekend of their precious Blizzcon.

Cael

Arcane

Why'd they freak out over Ghostbusters then?
Probably because of the femi-Nazi theme. Plus Luke Hemsworth.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This is actually one of the biggest events gaming since idk maybe the release of League of Legends and the dawn of the free to play era?

First time Activision/EA other giants have really produced a hit game targeted primarily at the Chinese mobile market and mobiles in general. Start of the mainstream AAA gaming developers targeting an area that was previously controlled by Clash Royale, before this the best mobile games were pretty much Arena of Valor, shitty league of loltards for mobile, and PUBG mobile and other battle royale games, which are admittedly pretty great on phone.

At this rate it wouldn't be surprising to see console proles start feeling like say, PC RTS fans circe 2004, as the money hungry developers start leaving them for even stupider consumers on mobile phones.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Eat shit and die Blizzard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom