Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Looks like watered down Grim Dawn:positive:

Grim Dawn wasn't anything special.

The entire gameworld lacked variety and while it had a lot of detail, I felt it had too much clutter to play the game effectively in isometric view.

Zeriel

Arcane
Grim Dawn was literally a mod for Titan Quest, a 20 year old engine. It's honestly not that impressive when compared to its competitors, people (including me) just have a soft spot for it because of the hybrid mastery system and the setting being pretty nifty.

Grim Dawn was literally a mod for Titan Quest, a 20 year old engine. It's honestly not that impressive when compared to its competitors, people (including me) just have a soft spot for it because of the hybrid mastery system and the setting being pretty nifty.

I preferred Titan Quest + Immortal Throne to GD, GD was really a letdown for me.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
How else ?

See the strongest HEX(Dark Magic) on Dark Souls 2

• Requires 4 Attenument slots. So you could have easily 100+ Dark Orbs or one Climax cast
  • Require high STATS, mainly FHT
  • Costs all souls and only does significant damage if you sacrifice at least 5k souls
  • Require a long quest in a covenant
  • Require facing DarkLurker, the strongest boss VS hex in the game
Or having situational skills like on Dragon's Dogma, where ricohet shoot can be the hghest DPS skill VS living armor in CQB and useless VS thunder dragon at distance.

This skill on D3 would be just a skill that everyone gets at a specific level, no effor required, deals 50000% of the sharpness of your axe in damage and had 180 seconds cooldown On D2, would be a high level skill that requires a lot of investments in synergies to deal massive damage and his effectiveness will depend the mob and situation.

J1M

Arcane
I didn't know demons could get breast cancer, but it looks like Lilith has had a double mastectomy.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So is the 4chan "leak" from the internet's greatest fiction writers proven fake yet?

Zeriel

Arcane
Blizzard is so slow (by their own metric, it's "not even Blizzard soon") that the update Path planned to compete with D4 will come years before D4 launches. By the time D4 launches Path will be like 6 expansions down the line.

Tehdagah

Arcane
I'll repost this photo-shopped pic here, comparing the real D3 to what we should have gotten:

Art_controversy_01.jpg
Just so you new fans who hopped on the Diablo train last release understand why many of us who loved Diablo 2 didn't touch Diablo 3.

It's easier to distinguish the enemies from the environment on the left.

Fucking cunts. Whined like faggots because Diablo 3's art actually had a bit of style to it and now we end up with a game that looks like everything else on the market.

Unbelievable.
To add insult to the injury both the environment and the enemies are muddy and greyish, the gameplay trailer at 1:57 (a swamp level) shows how visually confusing the game can be.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Do you know why it is the in Exorcist movie?

He probably sees the Statue of Liberty in other media and says "lol they used the statue from Ghostbusters II".
pazuzu-godzilla.jpg

of course, you schmuck!
it even has the same overall outline from this scene but I guess it is more lucrative for you to crack dumb jokes and be a dumbass on the internets.
now scram the fuck back to the hog-pen. :)

ManaJunkie

Arbiter
So lets see...
- No stats (ok.....attack, defense, life)
- cooldowns
- linear talent tree
- no procedurally generated maps
- but...but...its dark..and "gritty"....
- basiclally its D3...dumbed down...with darker graphics..

This is WAY worse than D3. Its THE END (if it stays this way)

Back to POE and GD.

of course, you schmuck!
it even has the same overall outline from this scene but I guess it is more lucrative for you to crack dumb jokes and be a dumbass on the internets.

That statue wasn't invented for the movie you stupid, uncultured, uneducated fuck.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Diablo 4 - lootboxes

LMAO. I will not be surprized

So lets see...
- No stats (ok.....attack, defense, life)
- cooldowns
- linear talent tree
- no procedurally generated maps
- but...but...its dark..and "gritty"....
- basiclally its D3...dumbed down...with darker graphics..

This is WAY worse than D3. Its THE END (if it stays this way)

Back to POE and GD.

Where they said that will be no stats, linear talent tree, cooldowns, etc?

PS : GD has a lot of cooldowns and PoE has in some motivemntation skills and on frost wall.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
of course, you schmuck!

That statue wasn't invented for the movie you stupid, uncultured, uneducated fuck.

the pigs are calling for their favorite trivia man to fuck him in the ass.
hurry now!

edit: where did I say it was invented, you dumb bitch!?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom