Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

I'd be excited as all fuck and D1Ping if Blizzard hadn't gotten on my shitlist with China. It's a shame since the Diablo series has consistently been my favorite clicker series of all time, I even enjoy Diablo 3 more than any other competitors (After RoS at least) and level capped all the classes including the goddamn necromancer, but fuck 'em.

Zeriel

Arcane
Why Codex angry with nigger barbarian?

C'mon KKKodex, what whappened with "Niggers are savage barbarians"? Why do you hate codex-realistic niggers?

:troll:

For me it's not about there being a dark-skinned character at all, it's changing what was already there. The paladin was there in 2, but that was a new character. Barbarians are a race. They're people from the north. Taking some random guy from Hawaii and calling him a barbarian needs some setup... like a story pitch where you say people came in canoes, raped all of the barbarians, and it's 500 years later. So yeah, it's fucking silly.

In the context of them reviving D2 style and apparently paying service to the fans, this is especially egregious. It just seems like a really weird choice.

The Harrogath guys, right?

Looking back, wans't Paladin being black kind of silly? If I remember right, the Paladin from D2 was a former Zakarum guy, and Kurast was pretty much The Catholic Church/Papacy, but by Mesoamericans. Should't he have been a mesoamerican-kind of guy? Then again, they may have taken all sorts.

Yeah, he was from Kurast. I honestly am not sure they thought very in depth about it at the time. It's kind of like... I didn't actually mind the witch doctor in D3. I didn't play him, but hey, he was a new character, whatever. But replacing a character people have had the same look and style with for multiple games is a bit different. They even went out of their way in D3 to make it exactly the same.

Just once, it would be cool if they went with hell as the frozen level, or a more "catholic" hell that is a torturous dimension of emptyness, void, nothingness and distance from divinity

giphy.gif

ArchAngel

Arcane
It seems you will be able to choose your gender and skin color. At least Barbarian can in the demo.

GrainWetski

Arcane
https://www.twitch.tv/wolfcryer

guy playing D4 demo live right now
It's just a different looking Diablo 3. Wow, so amazing.

Seems like you have skill points, but you just pick for 1-4 + mouse buttons just like in Diablo 3. "Defensive skill", "ultimate" with a long cooldown etc. I'll stick with games with actual character building depth instead of more shallow, limited console trash.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
https://www.twitch.tv/wolfcryer

guy playing D4 demo live right now
It's just a different looking Diablo 3. Wow, so amazing.

Seems like you have skill points, but you just pick for 1-4 + mouse buttons just like in Diablo 3. "Defensive skill", "ultimate" with a long cooldown etc. I'll stick with games with actual character building depth instead of more shallow, limited console trash.

If you think this looks like Diablo 3, u need to get your fucking eyes checked bro.

Aemar

Arcane
Diablo, a franchise ironically surpassed by several of its own clones. So why bother? Surely you don't expect greatness from a company that hasn't delivered anything of value in 15 years.

Egosphere

Arcane
Not as bright and colourful as Diablo 3. Looks closer to Diablo 2. Dare I say it looks kind of decent?

It does look pretty decent, actually.

My only nitpick is that I wish someone would sit down and iron out a magic system that isn't just garish geometric shape, but one that actually enhances the grimdark atmosphere of the game.

Curratum

I thought everyone liked Grim Dawn... I haven't played a Diablo clone since Diablo 2 so I don't really know shit anymore.

SumDrunkGuy

Is the auto-leveling from D3 still in or can we distribute our own stat points?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom