Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

frajaq

Erudite
cinematic was amazing

gameplay whoever looks like the same boring unimaginative shit, the main stats are Attack and Defense? Like really?

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Why Codex angry with nigger barbarian?

C'mon KKKodex, what whappened with "Niggers are savage barbarians"? Why do you hate codex-realistic niggers?

:troll:

For me it's not about there being a dark-skinned character at all, it's changing what was already there. The paladin was there in 2, but that was a new character. Barbarians are a race. They're people from the north. Taking some random guy from Hawaii and calling him a barbarian needs some setup... like a story pitch where you say people came in canoes, raped all of the barbarians, and it's 500 years later. So yeah, it's fucking silly.

In the context of them reviving D2 style and apparently paying service to the fans, this is especially egregious. It just seems like a really weird choice.

The Harrogath guys, right?

Looking back, wans't Paladin being black kind of silly? If I remember right, the Paladin from D2 was a former Zakarum guy, and Kurast was pretty much The Catholic Church/Papacy, but by Mesoamericans. Should't he have been a mesoamerican-kind of guy? Then again, they may have taken all sorts.

Yeah, he was from Kurast. I honestly am not sure they thought very in depth about it at the time. It's kind of like... I didn't actually mind the witch doctor in D3. I didn't play him, but hey, he was a new character, whatever. But replacing a character people have had the same look and style with for multiple games is a bit different. They even went out of their way in D3 to make it exactly the same.

This is the next generation man..

You're telling me that the Chadbarian didn't bring home a PANG from one of his raids?

jungl

Augur
Its confirmed moba shit like diablo 3 with stats linked to gear. Its sad that big companies think they need to dumb down ARPGS a already simple genre. "Oh no if little jimmy makes a bad build with low health we don't want him to feel bad!". Oh well maybe in the next 6 years they'll get it right with diablo 5.

Zeriel

Arcane
Apparently you can change skin color, so I'll retract that criticism I guess. I do like the fact that they are bringing back talent trees. I think one of their issues is going to be the fact that Path beat them to that art style, and everyone looking at Diablo 4 is going to think, "Hey, this looks like a bigger budget Path of Exile."

Personally, watching the guy stream, it gave me combined vibes of Path of Exile (they've even got identically named zones) and Dark Souls. Not a bad thing, to be honest.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
EIT_nK9XsAQ2L8Y
The game has two colors.

Yes. Dark and darker.

Diablo IV's artistic vision was built using several key pillars:

• Return To Darkness

• Embrace the Legacy

• Old Masters Pillar, which is shorthand for striving to make each part of the new game look like it was painted by a venerated artist such as Rembrandt or Ilya Repin.

When researching lighting or surface, they looked at old paintings first, rather than contemporary video games, with the aim of interpreting the world of Diablo like a medieval painter might versus how a photographer would.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
The gameplay trailer was okay imo. I like it better than D3, but that is not saying much. I will withhold judgment until I see the character/progression system.

I thought that cinematic trailer was captivating though, particularly the red fleshy slime falling like snow/petals.

Art style is a total return to Diablo 2, or inspired by Path of Exile to be specific.

This is all I ever wanted out of Diablo 3, and I'm glad Blizzard didn't rehash WoW again in this fourth installment.

Multiple skins per class?

That's hardly anything to worry about.

I'll repost this photo-shopped pic here, comparing the real D3 to what we should have gotten:

Art_controversy_01.jpg
Just so you new fans who hopped on the Diablo train last release understand why many of us who loved Diablo 2 didn't touch Diablo 3.

Sykar

Arcane
So they're bringing back talent trees, skill points, and rune words... but they had to go and CURRENT YEAR all the playable characters.

WE WUZ BARBARIANS AND SHIT.

I'm honestly exasperated, they were so close to sticking the land but then shoved their foot so far up their ass it comes out their mouth.

I wonder how that meeting went down. "So, we're bringing back all the old characters, and basically doing what the fans asked us to do for years."

"That's cool Bob, but what if we made the barbarian a maori?"

"What?"

"And of course the female version should have maximum manface."

"I..."

"Don't worry, I'm not finished yet. The sorceress will be an arab, and the druid will be FAT."

[Everyone]: "STUNNING AND BRAVE!"

So paladin being dark skinned in D2 was fine but not barb in D4. Was paladin in D2 auch KANGZ N SHIATZ? :roll:

Dodo1610

Arcane
https://www.polygon.com/2019/11/1/20944237/diablo-4-character-creation-customization-appearance
Now with quote
In Diablo 3, players could switch their character between male and female, but each class was tied to a specific design. Sure, you could be a lady Necromancer, but either way you would be playing a white-haired, pale person with a strong sense of menace and an affinity for skulls. Diablo 4 will be a little different; you’ll be able to customize how your base character looks.

On the BlizzCon 2019 show floor, players will have access to four different premade character designs for each of the demo’s three classes, but there’s a pretty big difference between each portrait. This Diablo game looks like it’s going back to grim aesthetics, and each protagonist will be able to match that.

During the Diablo 4: Unveiled panel, Blizzard showed off some concept art for various Barbarians. Most of them are scarred, haggard, and looking very unhappy. Which is fair enough, considering all of the disemboweling and demons showing up in the area around them. But players will be able to have more control over what face they go with.

Z2fIRHU.0.jpg

Zeriel

Arcane
So they're bringing back talent trees, skill points, and rune words... but they had to go and CURRENT YEAR all the playable characters.

WE WUZ BARBARIANS AND SHIT.

I'm honestly exasperated, they were so close to sticking the land but then shoved their foot so far up their ass it comes out their mouth.

I wonder how that meeting went down. "So, we're bringing back all the old characters, and basically doing what the fans asked us to do for years."

"That's cool Bob, but what if we made the barbarian a maori?"

"What?"

"And of course the female version should have maximum manface."

"I..."

"Don't worry, I'm not finished yet. The sorceress will be an arab, and the druid will be FAT."

[Everyone]: "STUNNING AND BRAVE!"

So paladin being dark skinned in D2 was fine but not barb in D4. Was paladin in D2 auch KANGZ N SHIATZ? :roll:

I already covered that, read the thread. It's a moot point anyway with customization.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom