Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Holy shit here I thought ZA/UM were a bunch of brilliant artists who didn't really care about mechanical balance ala Darkwood's Acid Wizards but here they are proving me wrong and its making my prostate pulse something fierce I tell ya pardner

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
That video is almost entirely new content (in terms of previously unseen cutscenes). A sign of things to come, perhaps.

That video is almost entirely new content (in terms of previously unseen cutscenes). A sign of things to come, perhaps.

Some of those animations/cutscenes were seen in prior trailers, though not in game. That being said I'm highly skeptical that ZAUM went through the trouble of animating Harry trashing his hotel room only to put it in the trailer, so hopefully more content is indeed on the way.

Speaking of, the endings page (spoilers, obviously), outlines much-needed game over states that I don't think anyone has achieved/is possible to achieve yet - one that involves getting gunned down by the mercenaries along with the hardie boys, and the other resigning from the force after letting Ruby off herself. (the elusive "bad ending?"). Oh and there is one more fail state for not having the cash for the Whirling and freezing to death trying to sleep in a dumpster. Have any of these been added since release or is it all just hidden/cut content?

Jinn

Arcane
Holy shit here I thought ZA/UM were a bunch of brilliant artists who didn't really care about mechanical balance

Mechanical balance (or at least attention to it) would have to be a part of their art, if their chosen medium is video game. Something we all know was severely lacking from the original release. Hopefully this will help things out a bit more.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I understand voting DE for 2019 GOTY because it was the only decent CYOA/RPG-lite game in an entire year.

Yeah, it won, not because it was a great game but because there was literally nothing else to vote for ... except The Outer Worlds and Greedfall.

But jizzing for "more difficult skill checks in a CYOA game" is actually full retard territory.

Last edited:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
ShadowSpectre
upload_2020-1-23_14-4-55.png

Your request was heard.

Terenty

Liturgist
That's great and all, but i wish it had been an option on release

Also there was no animation of Harry patting a postbox. Have they added a bunch of new animations to the game?

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Finished the game and I'm a bit confused about the lack of epilogues.
The game has gargantuan amount of variables in conversations, but doesn't have even a simple sidenote about the nice cryptozoologist grandma?

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The game has gargantuan amount of variables in conversations, but doesn't have even a simple sidenote about the nice cryptozoologist grandma?
I think it's better this way. It expresses a level of trust with the audience that you let them wonder for themselves what happened next.

Got bored and left

I think it's better this way. It expresses a level of trust with the audience that you let them wonder for themselves what happened next.

Fallout-style ending slides probably wouldn't fit a game like Disco, but some closure (maybe in the form of a short epilogue sequence, dependant on where you end up with the investigation and, well, life. As weird it feels to make that analogy, Witcher 3 did something like that and it felt just right) would be preferable to nothing at all, I think. I don't mind the ending much myself, but it does feel too abrupt.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
It let me wonder what would happen if I bought Underrail instead.

vota DC

Augur
They will put something to encourage you to not speak with her like they did with Prime Junta. If you speak with her she kill herself because jealous that you discovered a new species.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom