Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

In Progress Emperor of Nothing [40k CYOA]

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by LogOS, Feb 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19

This is E, men. Time to lop off your penises, E-tards.

^ Top  
  2. hoothoot Scholar Patron

hoothoot
    E chalks up everything to these:

[​IMG]

• [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. hoothoot Scholar Patron

hoothoot
    stop projecting your fantasies onto the Path of Men

• No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. LogOS Novice

LogOS
    While I appreciate the rhetoric, I would be remiss if I did not point out that E) is, as I said, a philosophical outlook: You accept that things are out of your hands, that there exists a Purpose to the universe which is both unknown and unaffected by you.

It says nothing about how you will deal practically with that revelation.

In fact, the same goes for F. It states that you believe things are ordered according to a pattern which is ordained by a Higher Being, that you know and agree with this pattern. It also says nothing about how you go about making it happen. A Radical Inquisitor is as much (if not more so) a Believer than is a puritan Monodominant. Both are certain the Emperor cannot be wrong and that He has ordained mankind's dominion.

Heresy is hardly objective, a Radical would call it devotion to sacrifice everything for the Emperor.

I don't mean to unduly influence anything here, I am trying for clarity. I understand now that since A) suggests a practical plan, all other choices seem to as well. This was not my intent, and is my mistake. They are all philosophical outlooks. I changed the OP (very little) again but that may only make it more confusing, so I hope this explanation makes it...clearer?

Again I apologize for this confusion, I hope to get better at this as we go along.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. hoothoot Scholar Patron

hoothoot
    If option A is what the Emperor intended, with humanity sposed to become somekind of race of psychic hyper-beings, then, I reckon ~C or ~D probably the best or at least the most heroic choices.

Option B sounds like will be lots of kerfluffle about saving as many people as possible and may incidentally be heroic but will also probably sort of like a period war drama as guilliman agonizes over every guardsmen that he has to chess around. Imagine it being like warhammer 40k crossed with A Few Good Men / Saving Private Ryan. Not that bad, but at same time I seen those movies and I dont think it has as many good possiblities for interaction with the inevitable psyker apocalypse.

Option C could be really interesting, and if Logos is root, doubly so. Poetic baroque ultraviolence as humanity faces psyker apocalypse? fuckyeah

OPtion D is like the monk version of option C which is like the viking version. Could also be interesting.

Option E is all options potentially, except, it flies straight in the face of option A, the emperors option. Interesting path. Could end with us being badass super viking psykers more than option C but could also end with us being Necrons or the creation of a new Chaos God. Dunno.

Option F also flies in the face of option A, as its the emperors intent to make humanity basically angels or something, not to have a massive physical empire where the most common features are depravity and violence. Same pitfalls as E but less exciting I reckon.

Gonna put a vote to C but if its not gonna win then E. If I cant do that then E.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Flopping to B>E.

Option F is an option most pleasing to Khorne. I consider him an alright dude, but Rowboat Girlyman is batting for humanity. So, no.

@root LogOS, The '>' denote a 'succession of voting.' If B is not winning by the time you close the vote, then you should count me as voting for my second (or third, as the case may be +M) choice.

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Yep, two sides of the same coin. I do love my rehtoric though. And my fanatical holy wars. :M

^ Top  
  8. LogOS Novice

LogOS
    Apparently I can't brofist, so that's fine. We all love holy wars. The Fremen taught Mankind about the necessity of violence as a tool for renovation.

I just wanted to make sure people voting F) understand that it's not an automatic declaration of Jihad on the entire universe. It'll just be Guilliman's guiding principle. Much like voting for E) won't turn the Primarch into a gambling addict, or voting for D) turn him into Jesus.

I appreciate all the votes and responses, by the way. This has generated way more attention than I expected.

Thank you.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I hear thy summons and answer.

With an E.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • decline decline x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    the faithless mongrels itt smh

^ Top  
  11. Lithium Flower Prophet

Lithium Flower
    We shall hold up the world and breathe in the honey of its unwashed anus, baby!

• Rage Rage x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    Flipperflopping to A

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Gang's all here? Any of the old bros missing?

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    ^ Top  
  14. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    flopping to F>A

(if not F, then A)

^ Top  
  16. a bear named spigot Arcane

a bear named spigot
    i want to get on this wild ride

F

• incline incline x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    I’ll be voting B here, got to leave some room to dial it up.

^ Top  
  18. Lithium Flower Prophet

Lithium Flower
    I'm actually somewhat particular to A. On one hand its one vision of human/Emperah victory that does not solely involve boring jihad (I love "for the empbro" memes as much as the next guy but it gets rather tiresome after a while) and as thoughts go it is rather thousandfold, but on the other hand it losing would further vex Lambchop. Now that's what I call engaging C&C.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. baud Learned

baud
    I'll go with C

^ Top  
  20. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Trolling for the Troll God. Rage for the Rage Throne! LET THE BUTTHURT FLOOOOOOOOOOW!
    :x

^ Top  
  21. Storyfag Arcane

Storyfag
    Flopping to A :smug:

^ Top  
  22. Kalin Arcane Zionist Agent

Kalin
  23. LogOS Novice

LogOS
    I must say I am quite surprised about the voting. Something in the general nature of these fora led me to believe that after adding F (which I struggled with, I thought it might end up too much like what things already are and get boring. But I had an Idea), the votes would be mostly 80-20 between F and another choice.

This is a pleasant surprise.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Kayerts Arcane

Kayerts
    My inner troll is hoping that if the "fate" vote wins, it damns us to a hundred pages of playing as Eldar.

A > F; setting ourselves on a path of difficult choices that we may or may not have the will to faithfully see through seems like the surest way to ensure glorious clusterfucks a la the Tragic Tale of Marius Hax.

Also, hello, old friends.:love:

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)