Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Inziladun

Magister
Smejki , have you had any issues reported with the sneaking/stealth system? NPCs seem to be unable to see you even when you are in plain sight in front of them.

Definitely haven't had any of that. I'm curious what your noise + conspicuous levels are.

Rev

Arcane
kingdom-come.jpeg

kingdom-come.jpeg

This is it, boyos! The turning point!

A developer gave the middle finger to SJWs and made MASSIVE BUCKS in the process. Maybe we can start dreaming about big budget titles without niggers and trannies again! Other devs can't possibly ignore KCD now.
B-but how is it possible? The SJW said on twitter that KCD is a racist and sexist game made by a nazi, while Wolfenstein is a courageous game with women of colour and other POC in lead roles that takes a punch to Nazi America. How can it be?
It's almost like SJW don't count for nothing outside their retarded echo chambers and are not nearly as numerous as they like to think in real world.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Smejki , have you had any issues reported with the sneaking/stealth system? NPCs seem to be unable to see you even when you are in plain sight in front of them.
We keep tuning it. The thing is that there's a probe measuring light levels around the player's position. But HDR is sometimes messing with it, or rather it's creates a discrepancy between what you see and what the system measures. There are also some special invisible volumes set up by the graphics artist which can break it if not set properly.
And finally the RPG has its say (NPC vision, your clothes).

Again, if you provide me with the cam location, Time of day, and weather conditions, we can check properties of the site, and setting of the NPCs if you happen to identify them.

Self-Ejected

vivec

Self-Ejected
We keep tuning it. The thing is that there's a probe measuring light levels around the player's position. But HDR is sometimes messing with it, or rather it's creates a discrepancy between what you see and what the system measures. There are also some special invisible volumes set up by the graphics artist which can break it if not set properly.
And finally the RPG has its say (NPC vision, your clothes).

Again, if you provide me with the cam location, Time of day, and weather conditions, we can check properties of the site, and setting of the NPCs if you happen to identify them.

So Smejki

What is the goal of the stealth system built into the game? Do you wish to have a balanced system that works well with the Combat or an accurate simulation?

Smejki

Developer
kingdom-come.jpeg

kingdom-come.jpeg

This is it, boyos! The turning point!

A developer gave the middle finger to SJWs and made MASSIVE BUCKS in the process. Maybe we can start dreaming about big budget titles without niggers and trannies again! Other devs can't possibly ignore KCD now.
B-but how is it possible? The SJW said on twitter that KCD is a racist and sexist game made by a nazi, while Wolfenstein is a courageous game with women of colour and other POC in lead roles that takes a punch to Nazi America. How can it be?
It's almost like SJW don't count for nothing outside their retarded echo chambers and are not nearly as numerous as they like to think in real world.
How about you guys just finally fuck off with this "ZOMFG BRAINWASHED INTERSEKTIONAL SJW TWATS!!1!!1" bullshit. You sound just as retarded as "the other" tribe .
Wolf2 is primarily a mediocre and poorly written story shooter. And it also barely worked on PC. I loved the first one. Couldn't bear more than an hour of the second one. No matter the "SJW topics" which is a laughable grudge to hold. It's a nazi shooter with space robots, ffs.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Doesn't really matter. Wolf2 had a MASSIVE budget and produced mediocre results. KCD had a decent budget and sold like hotcakes. Investors will notice the trend. And turning a blind eye to the obvious pandering doesn't make you special. "NO, UR JUST AS BAD AS THE OTHER GUISE" is a shit tier non-argument. Sorry mate. Keep developing games, tho.

Smejki

Developer
This sounds like playtesting hell.
It is. After a year of nothing wrong reported we found in October that half the monastery is fucked up in this regard. And only after somebody fixed some global parameters which finally changed the state of the monastery from "behaves within expected margins by accident" to "wtf why is everybody blind"?

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

Rev

Arcane
How about you guys just finally fuck off with this "ZOMFG BRAINWASHED INTERSEKTIONAL SJW TWATS!!1!!1" bullshit. You sound just as retarded as "the other" tribe .
Wolf2 is primarily a mediocre and poorly written story shooter. And it also barely worked on PC. I loved the first one. Couldn't bear more than an hour of the second one. No matter the "SJW topics" which is a laughable grudge to hold. It's a nazi shooter with space robots, ffs.
It may be mediocre and poorly written (I didn't play it, so I can't know for sure), but the press talked about it in way different terms: it has 86 on Metacritic, it was nominated for many GOTY Awards, Best FPS Awards and even Best Story/Narrative Awards, because a) the press is dumb; b) it had the right "themes", let's say. What we (Eyestabber and I) are saying is that good press from the usual shit sites and being politically correct don't mean that much sales-wise, because most of the gamers don't care for that shit, and some have gone to the point of actually loathing that stuff after years of pandering and retarded articles online.
Now, I liked The New Order very much too, tbh, so I was even more disappointed to see the sequel being turned into a mess made to pander some idiots on the internet. The lesson, tho, is clear: people don't give a damn about forced (and fake) diversity or that kind of shit, they want good games, without preaching and pandering.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Played game for about an hour last night just to get a feel for it. So far it's a railroaded cut scene game; is this only in the beginning to set up the story? I just got to Talmberg when I stopped.

This being said the story and voice acting are pretty decent I think. Hoping this constant story/cutscenes are just to set up the game and it opens up later.

I will now wait 6 months to play so it can be patched.

Oh yea and I also have a decent PC with 16gig ram and the game only gets about 20 fps during action scenes. Are there know PC performance issues or tweaks to improve this? It's set on low graphics too and I was surprised as my.machine is pretty good still although my processor is getting on the older end.

Darkzone

Arcane
DLC with woman protagonist ? Its about time ! I hope this time they include a jewish money lender ,a muslim slaver , and why not some "picturesque" gypsies else they will be slammed again for lack of diversity.
More like:
DLC with a woman protagonist? This is a fucking outrage, it was promised to be part of the base game for free. They better not think charging money from KS backers for this.
Of course the DLC will be given for free to KS backers
Will the DLC feature this? Or will it be the second chapter?

JBro

Arbiter
Game needs some major optimization. Runs like hot garbage. Hardly a fitting representation of the well oiled hate machine known only as Gamergate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom