Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out the right SS build for my MC. Have to choose between Str or Dex and each of them have pros & cons.

The most important factor is that SS has non-DEX sources of initiative.

That lets you go STR-based, which does a ton more damage since you get double benefit from Enlarge effects.

dbouya

Novice
So, someone told me that haplo over on the rpgcodex made a mad dog sacred huntsman freebooter build that was really cool. I can't seem to find it though. I've tried googling the url for this thread and some of those words, but no luck. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Maybe it's in a different thread?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
You've received wrong information, I'm afraid. I've detailed only 2 builds, none of them a Mad Dog.

dbouya

Novice
Ahh, my bad. That's probably why google couldn't find it. You never did do a write up on a freebooter multiclass build. I think I know why I was mindflooded into being so confused though. You love freebooters and talk about them often. It just so happens there's no specific build writeup you did that surrounds it. Sorry for pestering you about something that didn't even exist!

The freebooter sacred huntsman still sounds pretty interesting as a combo, maybe I'll try and think of a setup for it.

Desiderius

Patron
Ahh, my bad. That's probably why google couldn't find it. You never did do a write up on a freebooter multiclass build. I think I know why I was mindflooded into being so confused though. You love freebooters and talk about them often. It just so happens there's no specific build writeup you did that surrounds it. Sorry for pestering you about something that didn't even exist!

The freebooter sacred huntsman still sounds pretty interesting as a combo, maybe I'll try and think of a setup for it.

Freebooter is a poor fit with Huntsman because it is a non-pet class. You can cover four non-pet levels with Boon Companion, but ten levels of Freebooter works much better (-3/-3 Bane, three combat style feats, 3rd lvl spell, decent duration for Lead Blades).

Freebooter wants to be melee since Bane is a move action and ranged needs full attacks. Melee has great standard actions like Charge, Cleave, and Vital Strike to pair with Bane, so you want enough levels to give your Lead Blades some duration.

Amiri makes an ideal Freebooter.

razvedchiki

Erudite
im about to get to the last chapter with my aldori defender build and got bored so i want to show me the way of the monk str tank build to start again.
no multi abominations of 1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/ nor vivi dips.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
im about to get to the last chapter with my aldori defender build and got bored so i want to show me the way of the monk str tank build to start again.

Well you need at least 11 monk for 2nd extra attack of flurry but if you go to 12 your fist attack die increases.

To be honest fist is cool and I'm doing strength fist 11Scaled fist/3 Vivi so far BUT if I did it again I'd make something like InEffects Monk/Paladin that uses a staff or see if you can do the Kaze no Kama from NWN1/2 which would give you the highest amount of attacks possible in the game just for fun (if you use a weapon you can use crane style).

Nothing can touch me my ac is 50 and 60 with godlike proportions. With the str fist monk so far.

Desiderius

Patron

Well you need at least 11 monk for 2nd extra attack of flurry but if you go to 12 your fist attack die increases.

To be honest fist is cool and I'm doing strength fist 11Scaled fist/3 Vivi so far BUT if I did it again I'd make something like InEffects Monk/Paladin that uses a staff or see if you can do the Kaze no Kama from NWN1/2 which would give you the highest amount of attacks possible in the game just for fun (if you use a weapon you can use crane style).

Nothing can touch me my ac is 50 and 60 with godlike proportions. With the str fist monk so far.

Pummeling Style gets DR bypass, free Trip, and Pounce.

Game doesn't need to be tanked, just kill/disable shit fast.

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I am trying to create a bitey trippy vivisectionist here. Can you guys comment on this and how to improve it if possible? ( Haplo ,Desiderius)

Alignment: LN

Race: Tiefling (Motherless) (Bite 1)
Stats:
Str: 18
Dex: 16
Con: 12
Int: 13
Wis: 12
Cha: 7

Build : 17 Alchemist (Vivi) / 2 Dragon disciple /1 Sorcerer

Lvl 1: Alcehmist - Combat Expertise
Lvl 2: Alchemist - Feral Mutagen (Bite 2)
Lvl 3: Alchemist - Trip
Lvl 4: Alchemist - Infusion
Lvl 5: Sorcerer - Fury's Fall // Concentration or some metamagic feat if it applies to alchemist spells?
Lvl 6: Dragon Disciple - Some Dragon bloodline
Lvl 7: Dragon Disciple - Improved Unarmed Strike / Power Attack (bite 3)
Lvl 8: Alchemist -
Lvl 9: Alchemist - outflank / Feral Wings
Lvl 10: Alchemist-
Lvl 11: Alcehmist - Gretater Trip / Accomplished sneak attacker
Lvl 12: Alcehmist -
Lvl 13: Alchemist - Combat reflexes /Seize the moment
Lvl 14: Alchemist
Lvl 15: Alchemist - Blind Fight / Greater Mutagen
Lvl 16: Alchemist
Lvl 17: Alchemist - Cornugon Smash / preserve organs
Lvl 18: Alchemist
Lvl 19: Alchemist - Arcane Strike / Grand Mutagen
Lvl 20: Alchemist

Main point is have 5 attacks at level 7 with full bab with sneak attack damage. this build depends on trip cloak obviously.
Tried to incorporate shatter defenses but does not have the feats for them unfortunately.
No monk dips allowed but I wonder can i replace some feats with unarmed styles.

Desiderius

Patron
I am trying to create a bitey trippy vivisectionist here. Can you guys comment on this and how to improve it if possible? ( Haplo ,Desiderius)

Stats:

Lvl 5: Sorcerer - Fury's Fall // Concentration or some metamagic feat if it applies to alchemist spells?

Main point is have 5 attacks at level 7 with full bab with sneak attack damage. this build depends on trip cloak obviously.
Tried to incorporate shatter defenses but does not have the feats for them unfortunately.

That's Hap's wheelhouse. I'll throw one together and test it out.

Fun variants:

Mad Dog Tandem Tripper/Pouncers
Spawn Slayer (the bigger the target the bigger the bonus - which is needed since larger targets are hardest to Trip, and Slayer is just all-around solid)
Any Monk with Sweep the Leg and Pummeling Style feats = two additional free trips per full attack (and again Pounce to get the full attacks on turns you move - i.e. almost all of them)

Trip is a little oversupported compared to other CMs.

amurath

Educated

Stats:

What difficulty are you playing on? Your build is probably fine for Hard and below. For Unfair, you'll probably want to use something along the lines of Haplo's/InEffect's build: https://af.gog.com/forum/pathfinder_kingmaker/ineffects_guide_v2/post230?as=1649904300. I've run a variant of that build - Vivi 16/Monk 1/Saint 1/Paladin 2 through Unfair solo and it worked pretty well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Desiderius

Patron
What difficulty are you playing on? Your build is probably fine for Hard and below. For Unfair, you'll probably want to use something along the lines of Haplo's/InEffect's build: https://af.gog.com/forum/pathfinder_kingmaker/ineffects_guide_v2/post230?as=1649904300. I've run a variant of that build - Vivi 16/Monk 1/Saint 1/Paladin 2 through Unfair solo and it worked pretty well.

Can tell you've been reading InEffect. That's his opening line for everyone. What he doesn't tell you is that his Unfair is two lvls harder than everyone else's. Game is not really designed for solo play - that's what Amurath's splashes here are for, but with no Mirror Image you're going to be doing a lot of reloading on Unfair solo. Whatever difficulty you're playing you want to make good decisions on your build and avoid nonbos and the like.

Speaking of which, I built a little PsychoKineticist (WIS Kin since Motherless gets WIS bonus and Earth Kin gets free Trip feats) 6 (Bowling (Tripping) Infusion on Blade for zero burn by lvl 6)/Alchemist x tripper and tried it out by retraining my lvl 9 MC, so haven't gotten most of the Alchy goodness yet.

Psychotripper Build.jpg

PsychoTripper.jpg
Psycho Overflow.jpg

That's five attacks per round, all with Greater Trips attached, Crane Wing already, and Mental Overflow to WIS/INT with regular Mutagen to STR. You can see on bottom pic second Infusion Specialization from Kin 6 reducing burn cost to zero on Bowling Infused Blade. DR 5/- is from Earth Kin ability to build up burn at will.

Only downside is... no AoOs from Blade. Which may be a killer.

Yosharian

Arcane

Stats:

I don't understand why you're going Dragon Disciple

Oh wait, you're stacking bite attacks? Lmaooooo

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Stats:

I don't understand why you're going Dragon Disciple

Oh wait, you're stacking bite attacks? Lmaooooo
Is it possible to have multiple different bite attacks in PF:K? I'm 100% sure that's not how it works in the PnP.

Desiderius

Patron
Is it possible to have multiple different bite attacks in PF:K? I'm 100% sure that's not how it works in the PnP.

Yes, one was -5 and the other -15 I think on the build I posted. Animal Totem claw attacks are also stacking. Is DD4 giving an attack too? DD4 is normally a trap.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Yes, one was -5 and the other -15 I think on the build I posted. Animal Totem claw attacks are also stacking. Is DD4 giving an attack too? DD4 is normally a trap.
I was always under the impression that you were limited to one attack per limb, but if you can just stack natural attacks even of the same kind... oh god.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Stats:

Can't help the feeling you're making it difficult for yourself... needlessly.
Did you check my original build? The few alterations you've made weaken it A LOT.

No monk, sure, I can kinda understand the sentiment.

But in addition no Fauchard proficiency for Mastery with +5 CMB and bonus strike on each trip?
No Mirror Image for protection late game? No Uncanny Dodge?
Cornugon Smash? WHY - you don't have Shatter Defenses! Which is kinda vital BOTH to make hitting enemies much easier AND to deny their Dex CMD bonus and Trip them much easier.
Also no Crippling Strike?
You're also missing out on Opportunist by not going bard.

Back to the drawing board!

amurath

Educated

Can tell you've been reading InEffect. That's his opening line for everyone. What he doesn't tell you is that his Unfair is two lvls harder than everyone else's. Game is not really designed for solo play - that's what Amurath's splashes here are for, but with no Mirror Image you're going to be doing a lot of reloading on Unfair solo. Whatever difficulty you're playing you want to make good decisions on your build and avoid nonbos and the like.

Yeah, early game Unfair solo is a PITA reload-fest, but it gets easier after Act 1/2. Blur/displacement helps with survivability early on and I eventually got the Mirrored Belt from Tirval to cast Mirror Image. In the end-game, you will have Gyronna's Amulet. The difference between solo and party play is that you can't rely on buffs from party members. That's why you need to be able to cast Transformation and Legendary Proportions - hence Vivi 16. I'm considering playing a variant of Haplo's Saint build solo next, but haven't decided yet whether a Dex or Str build is better for solo in the base game (no mods).

Desiderius

Patron
Desiderius why not 1 more kineticist level and get second (energy type) element?

Was trying to stay true to original build. Had to go to 5 to get Bowling and 6 to get full attacks (second Infusion Specialization -> don't need to Gather Power).

Just figured out that Blade gets iteratives that Blasts don't.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom