Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by TheHeroOfTime, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Wunderbar Arcane

Wunderbar
    DLC came out, and it's lame.

• Agree x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • :( x 1
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. TheRedSnifit Educated

TheRedSnifit
    Fair enough. Here's the article on it if you want:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/resident-evil-2-remake-alligator/amp/

If nothing else it confirms the other posters' suspicions that they originally didn't have the gator and then threw it in at the last moment because of fan expectations.

For whatever it's worth most of the other "normal real-world animal but bigger! enemies like the giant moths were cut completely.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    ^ Top  
  3. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Serpent in the Staglands Wasteland 2
    Nah, that schnozz on the Mayor's daughter is the work of a true architect.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Steezus Learned Patron

Steezus
    How does it play? Is it basically HUNK, but with new characters?

• Yes Yes x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. TheRedSnifit Educated

TheRedSnifit
    Yes.

How much you like the Ghost Survivor stuff is directly proportional to how much you liked Fourth Survivor.

• Yes Yes x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Wunderbar Arcane

Wunderbar
    yeah. The only difference is that you can find additional ammo and supplies by looting backpack zombies, or using candy dispensers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Steezus Learned Patron

Steezus
    3 (?) new HUNK scenarios for free is not bad at all.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Spark Mandriller Scholar

Spark Mandriller
    Pretty similar. The vending machines giving you a choice of one of three items is a good feature though. Especially in the soldier scenario, because his only starting gun is the SMG so he has to choose between what other weapons he wants. You get to a machine with a shotgun/magnum/grenade launcher and you actually have to think carefully about what you want, instead of just grabbing everything like in campaign or not having any pickups at all like in fourth survivor. I find that good. The other scenarios don't have choices as hard as that though, they're just stuff like ammo/different ammo/grenade.
    Once you finish all the scenarios you get a horde defence mode too. It's not really that fun though, I find. You get an infinite ammo pistol so there's a lot of slowly backing up shooting zombies, which isn't thrilling gameplay.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. fork Cipher

fork
    I agree.
    I would have preferred something more meaty than that, but for a free DLC it's pretty good.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. RapineDel Savant

RapineDel
    I find it odd they didn't put some of the new enemies in the base game, pale heads would've made things interesting even just on hardcore.

Not bad for free but I'd happily pay for a meaty DLC that's around the quality of the police station (a genuine new area), the hunk scenarios get a bit old and I don't think the gameplay really suits them as more then a bonus/fun mode.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. sullynathan Magister

sullynathan
    Meaty, huh? I'll show you what's meaty

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 2
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • Slurp this person's delicious asshole Slurp this person's delicious asshole x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    I ended up grabbing a cheap grey market key and running through the Leon B scenario for the sake of completion (the pirated saves can't be used with the retail version - Penance for my sins etc.). I can kind of understand why my Claire A run of the sewers made it seem rather unfinished - there are a lot of routes and areas that are used differently in Leon's (or the 2nd run) version. I think it highlights the weakness of using this weird Frankensteinian kinda-the-same-but-kinda-different A/B/1/2 framework, where you're stealing from one to pay for the other and vice versa. Classicfags might be annoyed by the suggestion but I honestly think they should've merged the two campaigns into one experience (and cut the worthless Sherry/Ada gimmick sections) and made the "second run" mode a more gameplay-focused rogue-lite arrange mode/randomizer with the cinematic/story parts cut, whch would please both spergrunners and people who want the classic survival horror gameplay.

I played the Mayor's daughter scenario up until the jail where I died. It did tell me there's a training mode but I've never liked the action-oriented Raid/Mercenaries/Hunk crap, especially since it's just a "what-if" scenario and has no connection to the story, so I probably won't bother. It is free, so I suppose I can't complain. I'm skeptical any DLC will be of the same quality as the station, even on a smaller scale, but I've read some people claim that an arrange/randomizer mode as I mentioned above is actually already semi-implemented. I'd be impressed if they really went the extra mile and actually randomized not only items and weapons but also all the puzzles, when Mr. X is triggered and so forth. It would add genuine replay value (not time attack/arcade mode shite) and let them milk the existing assets for all their worth.

In the meantime, perhaps it's time I finally swallowed my distaste and played RE7...

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Ent Learned

Ent
    Damn the mayors daughter has quite the pecker on her. Judging from the Russian model they based her off of it looks like the team toned it down a bit in game. Also there must be pretty substantial age gap between her and Ben now that they seemingly aged him up.

• [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Ash Arcane

Ash
    I'll add to the recommendations for the DLC, definitely adds value to those who may be thinking of buying the full game. Can't really find fault with it as a free offering aside from a bit too much trial and error, but that's better than being easy and yup it's pretty damn challenging. Feels uncompromisingly old school. There's no handholding whatsoever and its gameplay is razor-focused on its goal without compromise. I guess some may not like that it's a linear combat fest, but that's the point in it.

I wouldn't bother. Like I said it's not bad but it really felt like a big waste of time to me.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    • Friendly x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Ent Learned

Ent
    Theres an actual crazy cat lady in my neighborhood. Shes has to have at least 12 cats in that place.

• Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Doggy x 1
    • Kitty x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    I bet she complains about "chink whores"

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Kitty Kitty x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Machocruz Arcane

Machocruz
    Never ever seen the Thomas the Tank show. But I must say, that theme song is kinda lit.

• Yes Yes x 2
    • Despair Despair x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Sukhāvatī a.k.a. ManjuShri Patron

Sukhāvatī

• Funny Funny x 3
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. aweigh Arcane

aweigh
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    • Excited! x 4
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • incline x 1
    • meh x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Thanks! x 1
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Jick Magger Arcane Patron

Jick Magger
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
    Leon "No cummies in Claire's cunny" Kennedy

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Wunderbar Arcane

Wunderbar
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Ventidius Savant

Ventidius
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Doggy Doggy x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. Viata Arcane

Viata
    It's missing the part where Chris is pushing the rock.

• Funny Funny x 3
    ^ Top  
  25. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)