Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
can't believe someone is complaining about better story-telling. How Mr. X is introduced in the remake is way better.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Was the remake soundtrack purposely crap to get people to buy the DLC?

The Ghost Survivor DLC themes are really good (especially Kendos).

They capture the feel of the character scenarios really well.

lightbane

Arcane
nu-mr.x also looks noticeably slavic, which is also a cool attention to detail

IIRC the original donor for the Tyrant gene thing was a Russian guy, so it fits.

There's also another Russian Tyrant in one of the games that actually looks fabulous.

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
nu-mr.x also looks noticeably slavic, which is also a cool attention to detail

IIRC the original donor for the Tyrant gene thing was a Russian guy, so it fits.

There's also another Russian Tyrant in one of the games that actually looks fabulous.

Ivan?
001302Ly.jpg

Ash

Arcane

lol Super Dummyhop got stuck on the Sherry segment for an hour.
He also somehow still hasn't got bored of it after three whole playthroughs.

Not a bad review but too much decline to be taken seriously, and way too much bias for what the remake did better over the original, but little time for what the original did better than the remake.

flyingjohn

Arcane

Not a bad review but too much decline to be taken seriously, and way too much bias for what the remake did better over the original, but little time for what the original did better than the remake.

What i am amazed is how little he mentions the dumbing down of the b scenario.
Which is puzzling since he did a video about game length and used resident evil 2 and its different scenarios as a basis.

sullynathan

Arcane

Weighing the differences the remake/reimagining did more things and better than the original which is the point he's getting at.

It's far better to talk about mechanics. level design and better gameplay than certain specific cutscenes or music change.

Villagkouras

Arcane
I played both RE1 and RE2 remakes and 2 is much much easier. The controls are no brainer for this, but also I was frustrated in 1 with the constant backtracking and tighter inventory management. I even played Onimusha remake, fun games.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Just cleared Claire A on HC. I could've done it with one less save but forgot about the typewriter located after going down the clearance 4 elevator in NEST. I will start Leon B on HC soon.

20190205061928-1.jpg

I would say the only thing truly challenging (and irritating) are the Birkin 2-4 boss fights.
Cleared Hardcore Leon B.

20190226034916-1.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom