Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Ezekiel

Arcane
If anyone has played with Dolby (does the game even support it?)/a genuine multi-speaker setup in their house, feel free to chime in.
Just tried it with my 5.0.2 system. The rear channels worked like they were supposed to, but the boss who chases you around the train car sounded farther away than he should have when he was right behind me. The plant enemies and Sherrie, who was following me, sounded about right. It's nicer than stereo, but I don't want to play my PC games in the living room.

Last edited:

A horse of course

If anyone has played with Dolby (does the game even support it?)/a genuine multi-speaker setup in their house, feel free to chime in.
Just tried it with my 5.0.2 system. The rear channels worked like they were supposed to, but the boss who chases you around the train car sounded farther away than he should have when he was right behind me. The plant enemies and Sherrie, who was following me, sounded about right. It's nicer than stereo, but I don't want to play my PC games in the living room.

How did Mr. X's footsteps sound? Up to a certain distance from the player he's still physically present and moving around the nearby rooms, so in theory you should be able to tell his rough position in adjacent rooms. Rooms above or below the player are probably not rendered so he'll be moving at hyperspeed at that distance and it probably wouldn't sound right anyway.

Ezekiel

Arcane

How did Mr. X's footsteps sound? Up to a certain distance from the player he's still physically present and moving around the nearby rooms, so in theory you should be able to tell his rough position in adjacent rooms. Rooms above or below the player are probably not rendered so he'll be moving at hyperspeed at that distance and it probably wouldn't sound right anyway.
I don't know. I don't have any saves near Mr. X and I don't feel like starting a fourth playthrough anytime soon. Especially with DMC5 two nights away. Sorry.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Finally beat the game for the first time on Leon A, Hardcore difficulty.

I'll leave detailed impressions once I'm done with Claire B, but it was quite enjoyable.

Main thing that felt odd was the prominence of Mr X in contrast to Birkin. I remember how threat of Birkin, while not directly reflected in the gameplay, was much more present in the original. Here Mr X stole the limelight and Birkin just pops up jarringly from time to time without much of a build-up.

Kind of sad that they didn't deliver that much in terms of the B scenarios either. If I remember correctly, then the original devs' biggest regret was that they didn't have time to make the zapping system even more different across playthroughs.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
45-1550935701-1473174240.jpeg

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
If they do RE3 Remake next they should give Jill more slutty outfits.

Capcom recruiting RE Ambassadors to test game currently in development

Capcom’s Division 1, responsible for developing the Resident Evil and Devil May Cry series, has sent out a recruitment email to Resident Evil Ambassadors based in Japan in search of “game testers.” Details are highly vague, but the tests will be conducted on either September 8 or September 9 , and that one must be a Resident Evil Ambassador and a person who has played the series (to what extent is not stated).

To all Resident Evil Ambassadors,
Thank you for your patronage regarding the Resident Evil series.
Today, we are letting you know that we are recruiting testers for a game that’s in development!!
We are interested in incorporating the feedback of all Ambassadors into our development, so please read the details below and, if you are interested in participating, click the Entry button.
In late June, Capcom previously conducted a Resident Evil Ambassador meeting in Tokyo.

https://biohaze.com/capcom-recruiting-re-ambassadors-to-test-game-currently-in-development/

Wunderbar

Arcane
Now way Capcom would let some random players test a brand new RE game. It's probably Outbreak remaster, umbrella corps reboot or something similarly multiplayer-focused.

Razor

Arcane
Any news about how the RE2 HD has done sales wise? Likely its performance will directly influence if the RE3 remake gets made or not.

As a random guess its internal sales targets must be high- I remember during development I saw a article that claimed that the dev team was absurdly large- >800 if I remember correctly. Thats 800 mouths to feed, pay taxes, pay insurances, bonuses etc. All that in Japan, likely (at least some of the development) in Tokyo, one of the most expensive cities in the world. Quite praise worthy for the company to take such a YUGE risk with such a old title.

Yet again if I also remember correctly the most sold RE title out of all the franchise entries has been RE1 remake across all platforms and version (original remake+HD remaster).

Last edited:

Tehdagah

Arcane
As a random guess its internal sales targets must be high- I remember during development I saw a article that claimed that the dev team was absurdly large- >800 if I remember correctly. Thats 800 mouths to feed, pay taxes, pay insurances, bonuses etc. All that in Japan, likely (at least some of the development) in Tokyo, one of the most expensive cities in the world. Quite praise worthy for the company to take such a YUGE risk with such a old title.
It's inflated data. "800" includes everyone who worked in the game for 30 mins.

Yet again if I also remember correctly the most sold RE title out of all the franchise entries has been RE1 remake across all platforms and version (original remake+HD remaster).
RE5.

sullynathan

Arcane
Any news about how the RE2 HD has done sales wise? Likely its performance will directly influence if the RE3 remake gets made or not.

You're late on that, it's done 4.5 million copies already.

RE5 & 6 are the best selling RE games.

ultimanecat

Arcane
At least Capcom didn’t keep up the decline. RE2 Remake is better than all but a few of the rest of the series (RE7 is pretty weak but I doubt they’ll keep up with the 1st person stuff after the success of 2).

Razor

Arcane
Wow, RE 5 and 6 best sellers? I get RE5- it had strong hype wind in its wings after the smash hit of RE 4. But 6?! I admit, it had one of the best entertainment values out of the RE series with its absolutely bananas plot elements (even by RE standards), welded on Adas co-op partner (aka Adas invisible friend) and "driving experiences". But from a gameplay perspective and level design it was clearly subpar to RE4 and 5.
RE6 was more of a classic "so bad its good" which in itself is a acquired taste, only found with prestigious men of culture. :mlady: Cult classic worthy, but not good sales material.

Kamiya-san is in this one

What the fuck has he been up to? He hasn't made anything since 2013.

Scalebound, which was cancelled by Microsoft in 2017. He did say last year they were working on some unannounced project that'll turn the action genre on its head, if that's something he's doing, or if it's been announced since then I don't know; but I don't think it's Astral Chain or Babylon's Fall.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
In terms of gameplay, RE2R is quite brilliant. Lots of nuance and subtlety that took me a 3rd playthrough to really appreciate.

But overall I feel RE7 was a better horror game. It was also more interesting.

Tehdagah

Arcane
If RE7 is a better game then I won't even waste my time playing RE2 Remake. Maybe if Capcom gives it for free someday.

In terms of gameplay, RE2R is quite brilliant. Lots of nuance and subtlety that took me a 3rd playthrough to really appreciate.
Like?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom