Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by TheHeroOfTime, Jun 12, 2018.

1. sullynathan Magister

sullynathan

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. laclongquan Arcane

laclongquan
    The nude mod youtube video has been down~ I blame you guys posting it on Codex and suppressed individuals around here report it~

Not that help such people's cause, because resident evil nude mod video is dime a dozen and there's millions of such video.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    • :( :( x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Ezekiel Savant

Ezekiel
    For the audio director's talk about three-dimensional sound, the end result still sounds distinctly stereo. I never felt like the sound was coming from anywhere but left and right. The quality is also worse than when disabling binaural. You can test it in the main menu. The rain sounds clearer with the option off. Binaural recording and other virtual surround techniques are cool concepts, but they never deliver in games.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Serpent in the Staglands Wasteland 2
    Yeah, sound design is often unnappreciated in games, and there are parts of RE2 (like Mr. X's footsteps) where it really could've benefitted from proper positional audio (but didn't).

^ Top  
  5. TheHeroOfTime Arcane

TheHeroOfTime
    Maybe the game was intended to be played with 5.1 headsets or something like that? I have trash ones and I never experienced such "dynamic" sound direction they were publizing on and on. In fact, in some parts of the game is confusing to realise where Mr.X according his footsteps. Sometimes he sounds like he's very near to you but he's actually in the above floor.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. KK1001 Savant

KK1001
    5.1 headsets are a meme. You only have two ears and the audio source is right next to them.

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  7. Master Arbiter

Master
    True, but multiple sources can be mimicked by software. I dont know how those "multiple speakers" headphones are.

^ Top  
  8. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    You can tell by the sound of the studs or clasps or rustling of his coat - if you can hear them, he's in the same room. If you can only hear the footsteps, he's close-ish. However, as you said, positionally it's a mess, and I don't think this feature even takes account of the size or layout of rooms, which is why it sounds especially strange if you're goading him back and forth from the room under the statue in the main hall. If anyone has played with Dolby (does the game even support it?)/a genuine multi-speaker setup in their house, feel free to chime in.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. TheHeroOfTime Arcane

TheHeroOfTime
    I told you, mods will fix the game!

• Friendly x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • meh x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Ezekiel Savant

Ezekiel
    Just tried it with my 5.0.2 system. The rear channels worked like they were supposed to, but the boss who chases you around the train car sounded farther away than he should have when he was right behind me. The plant enemies and Sherrie, who was following me, sounded about right. It's nicer than stereo, but I don't want to play my PC games in the living room.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    How did Mr. X's footsteps sound? Up to a certain distance from the player he's still physically present and moving around the nearby rooms, so in theory you should be able to tell his rough position in adjacent rooms. Rooms above or below the player are probably not rendered so he'll be moving at hyperspeed at that distance and it probably wouldn't sound right anyway.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Ezekiel Savant

Ezekiel
    I don't know. I don't have any saves near Mr. X and I don't feel like starting a fourth playthrough anytime soon. Especially with DMC5 two nights away. Sorry.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    • PIRACY IS WRONG PIRACY IS WRONG x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. abnaxus Arcane Patron

abnaxus
    Ed dindu nuffin.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. TheHeroOfTime Arcane

TheHeroOfTime
    What happened with Ed123?:hero:

• Despair Despair x 2
    • Rage Rage x 1
    • :( :( x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. fork Cipher

fork
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Deflowerer Arcane

Deflowerer
    Finally beat the game for the first time on Leon A, Hardcore difficulty.

I'll leave detailed impressions once I'm done with Claire B, but it was quite enjoyable.

Main thing that felt odd was the prominence of Mr X in contrast to Birkin. I remember how threat of Birkin, while not directly reflected in the gameplay, was much more present in the original. Here Mr X stole the limelight and Birkin just pops up jarringly from time to time without much of a build-up.

Kind of sad that they didn't deliver that much in terms of the B scenarios either. If I remember correctly, then the original devs' biggest regret was that they didn't have time to make the zapping system even more different across playthroughs.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Slam dunk! Slam dunk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. aweigh Arcane

aweigh
    [​IMG]

• Fabulously Optimistic x 6
    • hopw roewur ne x 5
    • Funny x 4
    • Old x 2
    • not sure if serious x 1
    • Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. sullynathan Magister

sullynathan
    Kamiya-san is in this one

• Salute Salute x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. TheHeroOfTime Arcane

TheHeroOfTime

• Funny x 8
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. karoliner Erudite

karoliner
    If they do RE3 Remake next they should give Jill more slutty outfits.

https://biohaze.com/capcom-recruiting-re-ambassadors-to-test-game-currently-in-development/

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Tehdagah Arcane

Tehdagah
    Probably another techdemo like RE7.

^ Top  
  22. Wunderbar Arcane

Wunderbar
    Now way Capcom would let some random players test a brand new RE game. It's probably Outbreak remaster, umbrella corps reboot or something similarly multiplayer-focused.

^ Top  
  23. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Do you mean better than the game? Because the demo was better than the game.

• Edgy Edgy x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Tehdagah Arcane

Tehdagah
    RE7 was a low-budget techdemo.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Razor Scholar

Razor
    Any news about how the RE2 HD has done sales wise? Likely its performance will directly influence if the RE3 remake gets made or not.

As a random guess its internal sales targets must be high- I remember during development I saw a article that claimed that the dev team was absurdly large- >800 if I remember correctly. Thats 800 mouths to feed, pay taxes, pay insurances, bonuses etc. All that in Japan, likely (at least some of the development) in Tokyo, one of the most expensive cities in the world. Quite praise worthy for the company to take such a YUGE risk with such a old title.

Yet again if I also remember correctly the most sold RE title out of all the franchise entries has been RE1 remake across all platforms and version (original remake+HD remaster).

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)