Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Decline Sword Coast Legends Pre-Release Thread

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Infinitron, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Seari Erudite

Seari
    Those portraits are fucking ugly.

^ Top  
  2. Black Arcane

Black
    Creators of DA:O?
    RTWP?!
    SWORD TOAST?!!?!/1
    5TH E?!!?!!!?!!1/11/111
    CODEX GOTY 2015 HERE WE COME

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  3. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    [​IMG]

At least they have a d20 there, it does not guarantee anything, though.

And I guess the toolkit will be not so powerful given they're selling monster and tile set for DM use.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    ^ Top  
  4. SwiftCrack Arcane

SwiftCrack
    It's like they stole shadowrun returns portraits and removed everything what made those appealing.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Ramireza Savant

Ramireza
    Well, its ok in my eyes. But the 4th one (the Mage?) looks like Tingletangle Bob :D

BTW : "Mage" It seems like there is no Cleriks/Druids in this Game, because the Mage also have Healing Spells and stuff. The Typical Fighter/Mage/Thief triumvirate of all dumbed down RPGĀ“s.

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  6. Seari Erudite

Seari
    I see Prayer of Healing on the elf ranger chick.

^ Top  
  7. sser Arcane Cuck Developer

sser
  8. Whiran Magister

Whiran
    For now...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. likaq Arcane

likaq
    fix.

^ Top  
  10. imweasel Guest

imweasel
    But does it have combat XP?

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  11. abnaxus Arcane

abnaxus
    5th edition D&D is shit.

^ Top  
  12. Seari Erudite

Seari
    ^ Top  
  13. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    I see it like this. They say BG, it looks more or less like BG game, there is actual city, doesn't have NWN terrible tilesets and it seems that combat reminds of BG from quick look.
    if it quacks, moves and looks like a duck chance is that this is a duck.

Chance is that recent releases of BG EE and other games in that genre moved some Hasbro idiots to put something that will look like game from that genre.
    So far there isn't really anything that screams "fuck you". Time will tell, from first look it seems to be ok so i am "optimistic"

This is why their "adaptation of 5th edition" doesn't give me any emotions like some other dudes in this thread. 5th is shit and anything will be better than 5th, especially for RTwP game.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. Abu Antar Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    One can hope that it's good but I will stay pessimistic for now.

^ Top  
  15. Minttunator Arcane Patron

Minttunator
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    240 'Murican dollars for a Collector's Edition? :hahano:

^ Top  
  16. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    all quickslots you need.
    You had 0 to 5 or 3 i think as it depended on your class.
    Still you had two fast (instead of quick) bars one for special skills and other for all spells
    and third simply spellbook.

So if you had thief you had all necessary skills instead of fucking around with hovering toolbar like in NWN

^ Top  
  17. Seari Erudite

Seari
    Does it have AoO?

^ Top  
  18. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    ^ Top  
  19. Alchemist Arcane

Alchemist
    [​IMG]

Classic eh?
    [​IMG]

Is it really too much to ask that a D&D game be fricken turn-based like the actual ruleset!?? Now that we see this is what WotC has in store for a 5th Edition CRPG - I fear that Obsidian's potential upcoming Pathfinder CRPG is our last hope for a proper turn-based, single-player focused D&D game. Please Obsidian, if you're listening, make it turn-based! And with a toolset.

This Sword Coast thing might be "good for what it is" - but it's not going to be D&D.

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    ^ Top  
  20. imweasel Guest

imweasel
    This game looks great!! RTwP goodness and the fantastic Forgotten Realms setting!

:takemymoney: :brodex: :takemyjewgold:

And it looks better than Josh Sawyer's Pillars of Excrement in every way too. :smug:

^ Top  
  21. nikolokolus Arcane

nikolokolus
    Preach. I don't even particularly like the Pathfinder rules (mostly because I end up refereeing PnP games and I don't enjoy the bookkeeping aspects of it) but I'd happily play a turn-based game based on its rules. I really think these marketing grads masquerading as game executives, grossly underestimate the appeal there is in the turn-based gaming. Divinity Original Sin held the top spot on Steam for a month with only word of mouth marketing - there is an audience.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. Minttunator Arcane Patron

Minttunator
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    To be serious for a moment, it seems generic but it doesn't look as bad as I expected and I might actually check it out after it launches if I've time left over from Pillars and all the other games that are coming out this year - plus all the good games from last year which I haven't played yet (so it doesn't seem all that likely that I'll have time for this, but who knows). Sort of looks like D:OS meets DA:O meets NWN2 - if they have a decent toolset (though I doubt they will), this could be the next NWN in terms of multi-player. That said, given the apparent focus on multi-player, I have fairly low expectations for the single-player campaign.

I do absolutely agree with Alchemist when it comes to RTWP - I'm not opposed to it in and of itself but it's a damn shame that a turn-based ruleset like D&D keeps getting distorted into RTWP games seemingly every single time. Definitely a "square peg in a round hole" type situation, methinks.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. JohnTheRevelator Arcane

JohnTheRevelator
    Yup. Frankly it is really weird big publishers don't have AAA turn based games in their portfolios. Everyone wants Skyrim numbers but strangely enough no one seems to care about even bigger Pokemon sales. General public is in no way prejudiced against turn based systems, why are publishers?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    Wait... there is pathfinder Obsidian rpg in production ?

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)