Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

The Valve and Steam Platform Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Morgoth, Jan 14, 2012.

1. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    Had some fun:

[​IMG]

• nice x 3
    • Brofist x 2
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 2
    • Thanks! x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Jonathan "Zee Cat Learned

Jonathan "Zee Cat
    is in beta right now correctly?

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    • decline decline x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Curratum Cipher

Curratum
    The library view is still having massive screen drawing issues, how the fuck it it coming out of beta?

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Rahdulan Arcane Patron

Rahdulan
    Try enabling GPU accelerated rendering under settings. That seems to have fixed library drawing issues for me.

^ Top  
  6. Curratum Cipher

Curratum
    Huh, is that a new option? I don't remember seeing that before. I saw some patch notes about something like that in the last beta update, but it said it was for Mac, so I assumed... Will look into it when I get home.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker

https://www.pcgamesn.com/destiny-2/steam-review-edit

• Funny x 3
    • decline x 2
    • incline x 1
    • meh x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. TheSentinel Arcane

TheSentinel
    That's a good thing. Yesterday I was looking at a NWN EE Darknes over Daggerford negative review that was all about crashes. The dev replied and solved the user's problem, and the user said "Thanks. I'll update my review accordingly once the update gets pushed live!". Except he didn't, his review complaining about crashes with a negative rating is still there.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    Also lab experiments getting updates:

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamLabs/discussions/4/1609400247620034060/

• :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Vorark Arbiter

Vorark
    The new library reeks of nu webdesign, fuck all the wankers crying about how the old one was too archaic and muh covers and shit. I've already disabled most of the bloat but couldn't find a way to change it to a simple list, like you could do before. Anyone know if it's still possible? Like this:

[​IMG]

• Brofist x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • (autism) x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • decline x 1
    • Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Jenkem Magister Patron

Jenkem
    Make the Codex Great Again!
    steam://open/minigameslist

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Jenkem Magister Patron

Jenkem
    Make the Codex Great Again!
    you can also turn off community shit and turn on low bandwidth mode or low performance mode under options -> library

• Thanks! Thanks! x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Vorark Arbiter

Vorark
    Thanks for the small mode trick, it's not the old list view but it will do for now. I had already ticked the low bandwidth and low performance mode boxes but the new library is still utter crap. Don't care about covers, news and unrelated nonsense. Cut down the noise.

I'm baffled at how Epic, of all things, recently added a no frills list view abd then mighty Valve goes ahead and removes it from Steam. Cutting down features shouldn't be seen as an upgrade.

To add salt to the wound, this shit takes almost 1gb of memory. Good grief.

• Despair Despair x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. TheSentinel Arcane

TheSentinel
    god I wish I had a nuke to blow up the faggots who came up with this chromium cancer affecting every modern software.

• Yes Yes x 9
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Multi-headed Cow Cipher

Multi-headed Cow
    New library is absolute fucking garbage for the simple fact that there's no way to sort titles associated with someone else's library. I'm engaged in an unholy Steam-69 union with a buddy of mine and now all his shared games are just lumped into the same thing with zero way to filter games to just the shared library or just my own library. I can sort games by their tags on the store (Which is slightly cool) but they removed one piece of functionality I actually fucking used all the time. It also scrolls far, FAR worse than it used to (Noticeable chugging if you just roll the mousewheel down the list) and even functions worse if you click in the library and start typing a game's title to browse to it, since each game's page is "Fancier" which means there's more loading which means that tiny bit of chugging as you START typing means it fucks up and doesn't take you to the correct game once you finish typing. It's also noticeably worse if you want to look at recent news or recent updates for any given game, since you no longer have the "News" and "Recent updates" buttons. They show you some of the latest news on the page itself, but god help you if there's a wash of garbage posts and you're looking for some patch notes or something.

Edit: Looks like you can click the latest piece of news and then it sends you into an infinite scrolling hellscape, so even though it's more of a pain in the ass you can get older news that way at least.

Edit 2: God fucking damn it, there's no way to view your complete library if you also have stuff categorized, too. For example, I made categories for CYOA and board games since those are usually something I get in a vague mood to play a game of that type rather than going "Oh, I want to play Game Title Here" specifically. Previously you could view all and it'd show all your games regardless of category and then you could flip to categories as desired, but now the categorized games are always in their little ghettos now. Everything's terrible.

Edit 3: And what in the fuck does this mean? SO HELP ME GOD STEAM
    [​IMG]

Edit 4: Okay, that just means I'm filtering software/video/tools from the list. I was afraid it was doing something ungodly like blocking anime tagged games because I filtered anime from my store results, and if they started filtering shit I already owned I was going to go crazy. That's fine and dandy though.

Edit 5: Nice. Can filter and search your library with a lot of data from the store, but no sorting things by their Steam review scores. It'd be nice to filter to a certain genre and then sort by review scores to see what's the most immediately promising but no such luck.

Edit 6: Christ, the memory usage. 8 gigs was pretty fucking borderline already and now it's feeling worse now that Steam just got fucking bloated.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    • WTF am I reading x 3
    • Rage x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. someone else Arcane Patron

someone else
    Has Valve linked my bank account so I get credited for positive reviews?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • nice nice x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    [​IMG]

This is going to wear on me. Is there a way to make the left tab bigger?

It looks cramped as hell!

^ Top  
  18. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    It's...shortsighted of them to not automatically create a dynamic collection with someone's family shared library. It's not like the program can't tell. When I click on the shared game it says "From X's library". It just expects me to create the collection and drag games one by one into it.

At least 70% of the screen space is used to tell me important info like every single person on my friendlist who ever played Pillars of Eternity and when they earned the achievement for upgrading their stronghold 5 times, so there's that.

^ Top  
  19. Mojobeard Augur

Mojobeard
    I just ended up contacting Steam support, because it's the only thing they might read.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
    It is shit.

edit.
    Turning on low performance mode got rid of some bullshit, but who the fuck thought that putting blurred mirror image of game graphics as background of text was a desirable idea?

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Ippolit Educated Patron

Ippolit
    Bubbles In Memoria
    • Interesting x 3
    • Prestigious x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • (autism) x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. BlackAdderBG Arcane Patron

BlackAdderBG
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Activity and news should be on the right side, thank god you can disable the community shit.

I hope Valve will tire out and let people customize their Library page.

^ Top  
  23. flyingjohn Arcane

flyingjohn
    I see valve still hasn't mastered the programming skill necessary to allow people make subcategories in their library.
    Maybe they should Hire John Carmack for this great undertaking.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    • what? what? x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Azalin Arcane Patron

Azalin
    :what:

Wtf just happened here?,wtf is this shit?,wtf happened to my steam?

Even checking the low bandwidth/low performance options when I click on the library tab it's slow as fuck

[​IMG]

How about some optimization before making the changes live Gaben

• Funny x 4
    • Agree x 4
    • Despair x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Chaosdwarft Learned Patron

Chaosdwarft
    Such resistance to change. Don't you get it? You don't have a choice, thy Lord Gaben as spoken. Those that shall oppose his reforms will perish by his divine flame :flamesaw:

On a more serious note. Yes I agree with the sentiment, what ever happened to product testing and QUALITY control? :prosper:

^ Top