Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Terenty

Liturgist
I predict 100% accurate outcome: the game will have good ideas(Tim and Leo) with shit execution(obsidian)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I predict 100% accurate outcome: the game will have good ideas(Tim and Leo) with shit execution(obsidian)

That's an interesting thing to say, because my feeling is that the primary reason some people are unenthused by this game is actually because they don't find its overall "idea" - the whole colorful corporate-branded space colony thing - all that interesting.

I might even agree with that (though I need to see more) but I don't care so much in part because I just want a new New Vegas-style RPG. In other words, in a way I'm actually more excited about the execution than the idea.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

That's an interesting thing to say, because my feeling is that the primary reason some people are unenthused by this game is actually because they don't find its overall "idea" - the whole colorful corporate-branded space colony thing - all that interesting.

I might even agree with that (though I need to see more) but I don't care so much in part because I want a new New Vegas-style RPG. In other words, in a way I'm actually more excited about the execution than the idea.

Hope the gameplay will be better then New Vegas. And the systems/chardev more impactful. Although its probably wishful thinking for an fps.

Unwanted

Soulstones

Unwanted
Folks still fail to realize this is a medium budget production like with games by Spiders. Anyone expecting AAA graphics needs a reality check.
Behold The Power Of The Neverwinter Nights Engine
LmxlSCy.jpg

Can
You
Feel
IT
3oKe07g.png

yesss master
geRqWqU.png

hrmrmghgggllghgl
uTyLR3M.png

Welcome
yo1xKyt.png

zeJHwdh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
In other words, in a way I'm actually more excited about the execution than the idea.

Same here.

All I’m really interested and worried about here is the level in which the character systems work in defining the gameplay experience in and out of combat.

It’s quite obviously not a ”dream RPG” material, but it could be fun if the systems design hits the spot (within the limitations of the perspective and chosen FPS medium - although, I do think it wouldn’t need to be FPS even if the game is in FPP, and that that’s something Tim and Leon should take a look into to avoid the general rule that FPS-RPG is shit).

Terenty

Liturgist

I might even agree with that (though I need to see more) but I don't care so much in part because I want a new New Vegas-style RPG. In other words, in a way I'm actually more excited about the execution than the idea.

Well, the broad strokes like the main plot outline, the character architypes, the places you gonna visit etc. most likely come from Cain and Boyarsky and can be interesting, the details on the other hand are on Obsidian and its lack of creativity

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
I also still can't believe how any of you can think this game will be good.

It will be an SJW shit-fest.

1 raging faggot, 3 danger wymens, and one (maybe not a fag) Polock looking dude.

I'm calling it now. Game will be shit.

Zep--

pomenitul

Arbiter
pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

p
ower
nincompoopity
energy
urological condition
masturbatory streak
oodles of moolah
narcotic appetence
oder was?
unforgiving of 'yo mamma' jokes (degree to which s/he is)
last word
terraforming
receptiveness to the Codexian hive mind
abyss
mortification
ionisation
cuts the crap (or dances around it)
rapaciousness
ondra's blessing (anything but)
sarcoma
charisma
oppressive shitlording
perkele
inquisitiveness
cetaceous size
sincerity
irreligiousness
level-headedness
interest in accuracy as regards the verisimilitude of events portrayed therein
culture (Western)
overconfidence
vandalism
obnoxiousness
lingering traumatic memories
coelacanth pet perk
antagonism
naïveté
ordinary misogyny and/or homophobia
chad
ordeal-proof
neurasethenia
incunabula (starting amount set to 94328)
onolatry
supper's ready
it
silence

Flou

Arbiter
  • Disappointed by graphics, "Obsidian managed to make unreal 4 look like Bethesda game from 2007"
  • Two planets, moons, space stations, but didnt see direct control space ship movement
  • Game informer didn't find it funny
  • Obsidian is already working on a big project for microsoft
  • No companion fucking

It may not be for Microsoft. The guy goes "I'm sure it's for Microsoft" but it sounds like he is making an educated guess instead of saying it with an authority and being certain about it.

turkishronin

Arcane

Flou

Arbiter
Who else may it be for? Everything's for MS other than TOW naow.

It is likely that the game is for Microsoft. If you remember the Eurogamer? interview with Feargus he said MS was looking for games. Just saying that just because the guy on the video says it is for MS doesn't make it so. He didn't sound credible at all when blurting out that line.

If they are already working on the game behind closed doors it has probably been in development/pre-production for some time. Project Mississippi here we go!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom