Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hey hey people, it's the SsethTzeentach thread

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Sseth's fans waiting mandalore running out of medication to start uploading videos as sseth.

cq3j5hrigak41.jpg
https://www.reddit.com/r/SsethTzeen...sseths_fans_waiting_mandalore_running_out_of/

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I got it when it came out after seeing some gameplay and while it's not brain dead easy it is probably one of the easiest "tactical" games I've played.
On the hardest difficulty I think it starts out ok (when you're running 2-3 techpriests and servitors), but fairly quickly you figure out some way to do huge damage, or break the cp economy or just become almost immune to damage. And of course, like all x-com style games the lategame becomes trivial (blaster bombs ain't got nothing on double damage black hole cannon that obliterates everything on half the map).

The difficulty can be tweaked a lot though, so there might be a way to make it properly challenging.

Puukko

Arcane
I grabbed it on GOG but Blood has been stealing my attention for the time being, I'll get to it proper this week for sure.

Murk

Arcane
Pretty fun and cool game; not very deep but given it's moderate pricing (and the discount it has now) is still "worth it".

Does some things very well, particularly in presentation and style.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
So did any of you people already try Mechanicus? I'm interested.
Yeah, it falls somewhere between meh and good for what it is. Calling it top 3 warhammer game is fabulously optimistic.

Name 2 other WH40K games that are better.
And yes, 40K ... not just Warhammer because I dont want easy mode Total War.
Hurrrrr... Name a non-mobile-port-trash WH game that is objectively worse? I never played DoW3 and everyone's saying that one is a trainwreck, maybe the shitty Space Hulk adaptation too (ascension, I think) or Mark of chaos rts, but apart from that...?

Valky

Arcane
Manlet

Murk

Arcane
Yeah, it falls somewhere between meh and good for what it is. Calling it top 3 warhammer game is fabulously optimistic.

Dawn of War 1&2?
There is no Dawn of War sequel.

Maybe he meant the standalone expansions? Dark Crusade was p. gud.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Dawn of War 1&2?
There is no Dawn of War sequel.

Maybe he meant the standalone expansions? Dark Crusade was p. gud.

I meant the sequel, but apparently you seem to think that Dawn of War 2 isn't a good game?

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I had this game as a child as well, religiously reading the manual and being fascinated. I never got through the campaign though, I didn't know what a bug was but I'm pretty sure that made me quit.

Humanophage

Arcane
I heard a lot of praise for TA but not much about TA Kingdoms, mostly not-so-great impressions
I liked it reasonably well back when it was released, and I'm not a huge fan of RTS. Don't remember the details that well, but it felt like a creative game with diverse units and it looked good in spite of being 3D. It also received positive reviews in the press back when it didn't randomly give high ratings.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom