Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Brian Mitsoda fired from Bloodlines 2

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
It's more like if content has to be cut, the crazy woke stuff might be the first thing to go. Cara Ellison's trigger warning menu idea? Yeah, that's likely not happening now.
:retarded:
Right, and that's why they've fired Brian and that other guy and not Cara whose wokeness is over 9000 lvl? Same goes for Outstar. Don't know how much they're paying you but they should have fired you too.

I strongly doubt this was the result of political stances or personal drama. It sounds like a troubled game development and the publisher (who is also a 30% owner of the studio) was putting strong pressure on the developer to right the ship before it sank. So they had to provide their publisher a drastic plan of action for how they were going to do that. These layoffs were probably the result of the personnel shuffling part of that plan.
This doesn't make any sense. They've fired the most important person of this project and shot themselves in the knee (and lost many customers BTW) just to save a few bucks? lol

If that was the case they would have fired other people (like Cara, why the fuck is she still working there but not Brian, or "Outstar" for that matter). Also, firing someone isn't the only way to cut costs, they could have always reduced salaries. And from what Mitsoda said/implied (and there's no reason to not believe him) most of the story is done and at no point has Paradox signaled any dissatisfaction with his work so your theory seem implausible. The problem with delays has most likely little to do with writing but much with programming and the rest. Why have we seen only one short (and boring and bland) gameplay from Paradox even though at the time they've been saying they're only a year away from release? Not to mention that they've hired another guy to replace Mitsoda.

Wunderbar

Arcane
In what way is Brian Mitsoda the most important person on the project? Purely from a name recognition perspective from the more dedicated fans? Making games is about a lot more than that, and he was just the narrative lead if I read the article correctly.
narrative lead is a pretty important position if the game is a storyfag action rpg.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
In what way is Brian Mitsoda the most important person on the prodject?
Because it's called Bloodlines 2. As Wunderbar said:
Firing Mitsoda now would be like firing Avellone from the official PST sequel. Or firing Kojima from MGS5.
At this point he was the most important person on this project and the main reason the game stirred so many fans up.

but we will never know.
Oh, we might know. I'm pretty certain that this will look like this in the credits and in interviews:
EMqC656.jpg

Especially considering that we already have statements like these:
blended-jpg.13909

From now on Bloodlines games or WoD games will never be associated with Brian and mainstream media will forget that he's ever worked on this. It happened with Fallout too.

J1M

Arcane
Let's be honest guys, if you needed a scapegoat because your project was a year late, the kid wearing gloves indoors would be your first thought. :smug:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
like Cara, why the fuck is she still working there but not Brian, or "Outstar" for that matter

You did know that men are expendable, right?
True. Good luck firing a woman, these days.
Doesn't matter if she did crap work, flirted with her coworkers, always came too late, was unreliable, a nuisance, ...

You fire her, you're the bad guy now and can live with a shitstorm.
At least in the US. Thankfully, it's not that bad everywhere.

Zanzoken

Arcane
Considering they've publicly stated it wasn't sexual harassment, I can only think of one scenario that makes sense.

- The project is over budget / behind schedule.
- PDX is pulling the plug and wants the game released asap.
- Ubisoft guy is brought in as a hired gun who doesn't give a shit about the game and will do whatever it takes to get it out the door, even though quality will inevitably suffer.
- Mitsoda actually cares about the project, so PDX sees him as an impediment to the new strategic direction and therefore decides to get rid of him.

In a way, they might even be doing the guy a favor -- he will have an excuse to distance himself from the game when it inevitably bombs.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
The game looked egregious. They can only go up from there.

Delays and major castlings mean they suspect something smells like rotten ass. Maybe there's some sliver of hope or something. I'm not an optimist, but were I one, I'd be hopeful.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Going by comments on sites like RPS, even SJW types seem pissed about Brian being fired.

The drama will probably be more interesting than the game itself at this point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom