Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Yaz

Learned
Do Faceless Gaunts respawn in DC? I want to go full anti-faceless for a change, but fighting this dupes is not one of the most pleasant things.

Don't know. Never went aggressive towards them except the only time I was playing a Juggernaut character a long time ago, and only for the last bit after you beat Tchort, as well. Speaking of which, you could probably do well with some form of Heavy Armour against them.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Don't know. Never went aggressive towards them except the only time I was playing a Juggernaut character a long time ago, and only for the last bit after you beat Tchort, as well. Speaking of which, you could probably do well with some form of Heavy Armour against them.
I'm currently playing my SMG char. I don't mind fighting limited amount of them, but people say that they spawn without the end, much alike Tchortlings. That's a lot of pain, though.

Yaz

Learned
What you could do, should you choose to go that route, is make use of Pneumatic Leather Gloves. You can keep the commander and psicher stun-locked in the room, while keeping their horde gassed outside with one of them constantly blocking the entrance tile.

As for the roaming Gaunts you could make a melee immune serpent leather armour. Maybe they don't respawn after you deal with Talos.

Jason Liang

Arcane
If you want to cheese Balor and Rathound King early, Enrage works.

I also don't see why you couldn't silently kill Balor with ~100 Imprints, if you had the patience.

Finally there's gas grenades- the bolas of Underrail.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
lukaszek

How is the accuracy with guns with your build, e.g. against natives? Could you clear maps without melee?
in expedition camp, if I find the spy and prevent kidnapping, will I be able to join pirates?

If you start the quest to join (steal patroller) you can finish it regardless of where you are in the chain.

CHEMS

Scholar
in expedition camp, if I find the spy and prevent kidnapping, will I be able to join pirates?

Don't know if that happened to you, but i did this once and my playthrough got bugged. Since Cruzer dies if you discover the plot to kidnap the professor, all cutscenes involving Cruzer gets bugged out. There will still be dialog from him, but since he's gone, all the dialog from him will be from "Unknown".

CHEMS

Scholar

Don't know if that happened to you, but i did this once and my playthrough got bugged. Since Cruzer dies if you discover the plot to kidnap the professor, all cutscenes involving Cruzer gets bugged out. There will still be dialog from him, but since he's gone, all the dialog from him will be from "Unknown".
yeah losing cruzer is a no no

You get to loot his bandana without aggroing the pirates, though.

Just found out that you can't make Leper Caltrops, what the hell Styg?

Yaz

Learned
I'll have to admit - that, like Black Dragon/Heartbreak Caltrops would be kinda nutty.

You can still get the bandana if you let Cruzer die to the Eels.

razvedchiki

Erudite
you can also get the bandana if you prevent the professor kidnaping, cruzer and his crew will lay dead infront of the evacuation tunnels under the ark keep.
its an excellent addition to a machete build using yell.

CHEMS

Scholar
I'll have to admit - that, like Black Dragon/Heartbreak Caltrops would be kinda nutty.

You can still get the bandana if you let Cruzer die to the Eels.

Never actually raided the Rig. I just sneak in, plant a C4 near the sonar and it's over.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Where can you get fishing rod? Or better yet - how can you acquire Phantom Jelly and Shrimp?
Just look around the pools in Junkyard to get one.

You'll get a shrimp soon enough. I got a few of those in the lakes underground.

The jelly can be found south of SGS level 1.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I must be blind, I have not found any fishing rod that I could take or buy from anyone - is there something I am missing?

And what do you mean by south of SGS level 1? Like outside SGS?
You can also buy it. I think Geezer gives you one if you accept his challenge, too.

madhouse

Where can you get fishing rod? Or better yet - how can you acquire Phantom Jelly and Shrimp?
Jones sells one. The guy at the Crossroads.
If you side with the Eels and clear out the scrapper base, you can nick two of them for free next to the pools as their owners are presumably dead, and neither the Proctectorate or the Eels give a shit if you claim it.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
was randomly browsing things and then

The player will no longer be able to start a civil war in Core City by fighting with the burglar in the house opposite to the Praetorian Security headquarters

how big was it?

Big like civil war lol. Guard was ighting with civilians, because they went into a house ad thus were marked as intruders or something liek that, civilins aatcked them.

Parabalus

Arcane
Hey guys, what's up? Been a lurker on these foruns for a while and decided to make an account to join the thread, so this is my first post! I've over 500 hours in the game so i think i can help some people here. Just finished another CHEM run, and i'm sharing my build for those who enjoy some war crimes against some certain natives...

This one is a crit oriented build, and it's made for use of the XAL pistol and 100% acid resistance, hence the need for the escape artist feat. Just finished the game with it in the hard difficulty and gonna take it to DOMINATING. I think that's the most fun build i've ever made, even more than the Pistolero one, maybe i'll show that one later.

https://underrail.info/build/?HgUQA...8KjYjpOFsKRVsKHKlE-wojCszHiqJwC4qi7A-K1rgrfvw

Did you run any Ambush variants? How do they compare?

Also, for which check is the 30 hacking?

CHEMS

Scholar
Hey guys, what's up? Been a lurker on these foruns for a while and decided to make an account to join the thread, so this is my first post! I've over 500 hours in the game so i think i can help some people here. Just finished another CHEM run, and i'm sharing my build for those who enjoy some war crimes against some certain natives...

This one is a crit oriented build, and it's made for use of the XAL pistol and 100% acid resistance, hence the need for the escape artist feat. Just finished the game with it in the hard difficulty and gonna take it to DOMINATING. I think that's the most fun build i've ever made, even more than the Pistolero one, maybe i'll show that one later.

https://underrail.info/build/?HgUQA...8KjYjpOFsKRVsKHKlE-wojCszHiqJwC4qi7A-K1rgrfvw

Did you run any Ambush variants? How do they compare?

Also, for which check is the 30 hacking?

On this build there's no ambush because i don't meet the perception requirement. But i did a ambush variant running laser pistols, using incendiary blob pistol to set things on fire then firing the laser. The 30 hacking was just spare points that i dumped when i was in DC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom