Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
old streamer here https://www.mobcrush.com/carlos2077
other one here, dunno if he's just re-streaming (or whatever you call that) the first streamer or if it's himself playing https://bitwave.tv/Fuck_CDPR

Edit: Same footage it seems?

CDPR losing the takedown war lol

Edit2: Game bugging out again and then crashing haha

That day one patch better be good...

Last edited:

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Streamer has some jap song on and it is the cringiest shit ever
Literally anime, the song. What were they thinking.

Performance is now also starting to get bad. Quite a bit of stutter if there's lots of foliage present in the scene, damn. Also seems to happen with lots of reflections present.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Oh god the performance is just getting worse and worse... Don't drive outside of the city on a motorcycle unless you want a slideshow. Witcher 3 ran fine, how did this even happen...
That PS5 super SSD sure ain't doing shit.

Now the streamer got his bike stuck on a concrete barrier in front of a garbage dump. The physics of that... He's gotta leg it back to the city, I guess. Finds bike 1 meter in the air again. Can't get it to get back down to earth.
The bugs just keep happening.

LOL just after that he gets a call from some car/bike dealership dude hahahaha perfect fucking timing!

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Oh yeah, looks just like the promotional material.

Nothing makes me think "cyberpunk" like eating hot dogs on a bright and sunny day out in the desert.

20f629b512.png

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Crashes full force into fence with some 4x4 vehicle (I guess), stops the vehicle dead (but undamaged), fence unaffected.

And now... Anime song again...

Guy is just fucking around randomly now, not really worth watching anymore.

He killed some random NPC in the middle of the desert, got a "stop that or you'll have a bounty on your head" prompt then two police drones spawned next to him anyway.

Before that, he got his bike stuck in a fence, had to get off, found a bike floating in midair that he could climb onto but couldn't get it to run.

edit: then he found a T-posing NPC in a gas station in the desert, punched her and a full police squad spawned behind the station. No fun allowed, indeed.

Now he attacked some punk and the guy started floating after a melee combo.

He found some punks dancing to no music in the desert and lobbed a grenade on them. Asploded their car but didn't cause enough damage to kill.

Died of a heart attack running in the desert. (touched the wrong pixel of a fence)

There's a contact called Mr. Hands.

Last edited:

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Josh Sawyer designed the systems for this game and is also the main and only coder, you heard it here first.

Another fight, he tries to silently take out a guy but gets countered (???) by him, gunfight ensues. Player rifle does chip damage, literally dumps multiple mags into the dude an eventually the dude pulls out his own handgun (was fighting with his fists before) and kills player in a few shots.

Oh well.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Grenades a whole group standing around a car, nobody affected at all hahaha
They start shooting him, at least.

Guess those junkies were too high level for his grenade to hurt them at all, or something.

And now his back (which he ditched ages ago) just drove itself to him. Huh. Can't tell if bug or intentional, but if intentional, I guess it makes sense as we've seen a self-driving car in the game before.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
He killed some random NPC in the middle of the desert, got a "stop that or you'll have a bounty on your head" prompt then two police drones spawned next to him anyway.

What the fuck is the point of a desert if you can't kill people and hide the bodies there?

Law enforcement is supposed to be unsympathetic and corrupt in a typical cyberpunk setting anyway. Only the corporats and swanks get any kind of meaningful police protection. Cyberpunk 20XX (which originated in the 1980s as a tabletop RPG, as I hope most of us know) is thoroughly generic, so there should be no surprises on that front.

Ok guys, so I missed out on all the hype train, following pretty much nothing (other than constantly delaying it, and seeing that video with cars) about this game. In fact, I have no idea why this thread is 500+ pages long and what is so interesting about this game.

I have preordered it a few days ago, because, well, I'm Polish and I liked the Witchers. I see however that Codex pre-release opinion is one of "this is going to be a trainwreck". Would anyone be kind enough to explain, what seems to indicate it? Other than CDPR being filled with dangerhairs who would thrive in Cyberpunk setting, but Disco Elysium was a Marxist PoS as well and 'Dex seemed to like it.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
People tend to forget that TW3 was buggy on release as well, Manjuice Nutella. That's the long and short of it.
I played TW3 on release and didn't run into any bugs at all.
This definitely looks very different. Only hope is that maybe it's a very outdated build the streamer is playing, but eh..

And no amount of bug fixing will change that every enemy is a ridiculous bullet sponge.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
People realize that enemy is such a bullet sponge because it's high level and out of the players ability to handle it, right?
You mean the ones you face during the early main missions with the guns you find before and during the missions?
Not very likely now, is it?

Only other possibility is that he was playing on a higher difficulty intended to be used after gearing and leveling the character...

Jinn

Arcane
You mean the ones you face during the early main missions with the guns you find before and during the missions?
Not very likely now, is it?

Only other possibility is that he was playing on a higher difficulty intended to be used after gearing and leveling the character...

I'm referring to the clip a few posts up with the big guy punching the player. The quality is kind of ass, but that's a "red skull" icon above its head, right?

Vatnik Wumao
People tend to forget that TW3 was buggy on release as well, Manjuice Nutella. That's the long and short of it.
I played TW3 on release and didn't run into any bugs at all.
This definitely looks very different. Only hope is that maybe it's a very outdated build the streamer is playing, but eh..
Well, all the leaked content is without the big patch which is supposed to come out on the day of release, so yeah. Not that I believe that it's going to fix everything, but I trust in CDPR's commitment to post-release patching and overall support for the game.

And no amount of bug fixing will change that every enemy is a ridiculous bullet sponge.
Those values can be adjusted.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

What the fuck is the point of a desert if you can't kill people and hide the bodies there?

Law enforcement is supposed to be unsympathetic and corrupt in a typical cyberpunk setting anyway. Only the corporats and swanks get any kind of meaningful police protection. Cyberpunk 20XX (which originated in the 1980s as a tabletop RPG, as I hope most of us know) is thoroughly generic, so there should be no surprises on that front.

Reminds me of GTA 5. Kill a dude in the middle of nowhere - here's two star bounty.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Ok guys, so I missed out on all the hype train, following pretty much nothing (other than constantly delaying it, and seeing that video with cars) about this game. In fact, I have no idea why this thread is 500+ pages long and what is so interesting about this game.

I have preordered it a few days ago, because, well, I'm Polish and I liked the Witchers. I see however that Codex pre-release opinion is one of "this is going to be a trainwreck". Would anyone be kind enough to explain, what seems to indicate it? Other than CDPR being filled with dangerhairs who would thrive in Cyberpunk setting, but Disco Elysium was a Marxist PoS as well and 'Dex seemed to like it.

FWIW while there's a lot of issues at least the story seemed alright to me. Has a few weak moments, but fitting for the setting so far. A little hope, at least.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom