Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

agris

Arcane
Patron
Just found out you can literally talk to all the targets in the assassination mission gigs, where they will attempt to explain their situation, plea, or even bribe you, you can take the bribe and then kill them, or you can take the bribe and leave failing the mission, then the fixer would call you and talk your ear off "wtf V?" You also don't have to kill them, you can knock them unconsciousness, and then carry their body to a truck that will be waiting nearby.
I don't think this is true, I just ghosted to the target in the Monster Hunter gig, walked up to him and he was full aggro - no opportunity to talk. I even approached from rear so he wouldn't see me and I would get within the conversation radius.

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
I watched Ghost in the Shell Innocence Last night. Damn less is More! Still one of the Great Films!

Sòren

Arcane
finished the "Dream On" quest yesterday and it's really good. great music, atmosphere, mystery etc. it did add a lot to the world, like there really are developments the protagonist has no control over, sinister and blurry.

other than that i enoyed the River-something questlines. very well written npc.

most of the other stuff in the game is dull fun and not much else. i like panam and takeshi or whatever that chink's name is.

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
Mining minds sounds ok for atmospheric music. Is that it though....Maybe there is a longer version or goes into another track?

KK1001

Arbiter
I too wish the game had a nemesis system, trains, more bullshit side activities, enemies that responded to how you played, and more meaningful C&C.

Luckily the game isn't finished

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Just found out you can literally talk to all the targets in the assassination mission gigs, where they will attempt to explain their situation, plea, or even bribe you, you can take the bribe and then kill them, or you can take the bribe and leave failing the mission, then the fixer would call you and talk your ear off "wtf V?" You also don't have to kill them, you can knock them unconsciousness, and then carry their body to a truck that will be waiting nearby.

1. I know about the optional knockdown + carry the body to a car trunk option
2. Don't know about being able to talk to them honestly, had a gig where I had to drive a car to Tyger Claws and opened the trunk instead, there was a guy inside it so I've let him go. Asian obaasan fixer was amused.
I don't think this is true, I just ghosted to the target in the Monster Hunter gig, walked up to him and he was full aggro - no opportunity to talk. I even approached from rear so he wouldn't see me and I would get within the conversation radius.

This was true for several gigs for me, the one where you assassinate the corp in the biotechnica hotel, she is in a braindance, you can simply kill her or take off the set and talk to her, another one is protected by tyger claws, you can talk to her. And there is another mechanic protected by animals, you can talk to her also.

DeepOcean

Arcane
The tl;dr from the last couple of pages seems to be that one should wait for the equivalents of Skyrim's Requiem or Twitcher's Enhanced Edition type of mods to start dropping before putting too much time into this, ya?
Depends of what you expect, no mods will fix the worse issues and wont change the nature of the game but if you just wanna some pretty storyfag cyberpunk open world to dick around and not die of boredom at it and not much more than that, definitely wait for mods and DLC. There is alot of BS that can be fixed with a rebalancing mods like removing the instant heal ability from inhalers, include a really big recoil penalty on all tech weapons when fully charged, increase the charge period of the tech precision rifle and make it wobble like crazy when fully charged, increase enemy damage, remove level scaling, reduce the enemy detection timer by like 50%, block cameras totally from being shut down by simple hacking or only make the shut down temporary, with they only being totally shut down if you get to the security room or by that daemon power .

Change the perks and stack powerful stuff like increasing enemy detection times by high levels of skill, double the level up xp requirement of all skills that are used alot like assault or handguns, double or triple the max experience needed to max out street cred and use it to gate stuff like slow motion to end game. Increase bullet spread of all hand guns or any gun that can be used to get silent easy head shots.

Remove level scaling, having low body means you cant do jack shit on melee instead of you annihilating the oposition a little faster as it is now.

I'm only talking of rebalancing because the Ai also needs a makeover to be more agressive but I dunno how accessible the game Ai is to mods.

Also DLC, there are only like 4 characters with sidequest chains on this game and most of them are just you following them around pressing F for 10 mins and the mundane side content without a full combat overhaul can make you sleep by the time you finish half the side contracts that are just copy pasted ad infinitum. As CDPR are taking on their ass harder than Bethesda now and their reputation is on the mud, there is a big chance for they investing more on DLC as damage control, just dunno if they will continue with the bs of walking around pressing F and calling that a sidequest.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The tl;dr from the last couple of pages seems to be that one should wait for the equivalents of Skyrim's Requiem or Twitcher's Enhanced Edition type of mods to start dropping before putting too much time into this, ya?
The real connoisseur plays the game on release. That's how he gets to experience all the bugs. This is the most unique and candid state you could ever see the game in. You will have decades to play it at its best, but only on release you get the exclusive chance to play it as they released it.
:shitandpiss::martini:

Tyrr

Liturgist
Noticed a few things during my second playthrough you didn't get the first time.
Like that Judy is already with Evelyn when you're looking for Evelyn at Lizzie's.
rOrTicx.jpg

Or Panam and Nash in the Afterlife during act 1.
s42erqA.jpg

KK1001

Arbiter
gamers are gonna be licking cdpr's taint in a year's time when they add back in the features cut rushing to release in time for the biggest holiday season for video games ever as "free dlc"

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
First we praised Fallout 4, now Dragon Age: Inquisition looks more advanced and actual role-playing game in front of Cyberpunk 2077. So what's going on inside CDPR?
Same thing that happened to every other developer that became too popular for its own good. Gotta appeal to more and more people which means stripping the games of any modicum of depth, not that their games were ever deep to begin with but now they're just generic action games. Story as old as the gaming industry.
This isn't a new development caused by popularity but rather an intentional strategy followed after the release of their first game.

The Witcher was a promising first RPG from a new developer that made attempts at creating interesting real-time combat, a character progression system, C&C, and exploration, even though it had limited success in each aspect.

The Witcher II was an attempt at emulating Bioware with the Witcher IP.

The Witcher III was an attempt at emulating Bethesda Softworks with the Witcher IP.

Cyberpunk 2077 was an attempt at emulating Grand Theft Auto with the IP of a semi-obscure tabletop RPG that had a useful name.

CDPR hasn't even been trying to create a good RPG after the release of the original Witcher in 2007; they've only been chasing the best-selling trends in gaming, and with each step they've ascended to a higher level of commercial success.

More bitching, this time about the loot system. Seriously, this abomination needs to be taken to a ditch and shot in the head. Twice. How the fuck did they not learn anything from their previous game? Maybe we will get Cyberpunk EE in a couple of years that will delevel the whole game and completely rework the loot, like we did for W3.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The art direction, sound design, and world building are really next-gen shit. Anyone who says the city feels "dead" because you can't go bowling or whatever needs to have their head checked.

I don't think many here are denying that the city is an impressive visual/audio achievement in terms of art design and graphics, and that just visually and aurally it's incredibly immersive. By a country mile, it's the best thing of its kind in any videogame yet. For me, the paradigmatic Night City experience is cruising through the streets on a rainy night, listening to Miles Davis on the radio. That experience, as an immersive experience, is almost worth the $60 just by itself. One's mind just automatically fills in a feeling of incredible coolness from those cues - that one is a merc making their way in this awful but beautiful place.

The problem is just that it's not very reactive the closer you get to interacting with it, which breaks the illusion so nicely set up by the visuals. It's like an LSD illusion breaking up as soon as one moves closer to investigate it. And that's mainly to do with the AI, which is everywhere laughably rudimentary, and only marginally better in combat.

I can't help but think it's the sort of stuff that will eventually be improved with patching though, and a lot of other problems eventually sorted out by modders, to taste. What may never be truly finished is depth and complexity to quests, which is sad, because there's enough evidence to show that the plan was for something much richer at one time.

From mid 2018 to date, CDPR bought an immersive cinematic experience (in the MQ and major SQ cinematics) at the cost of the RPG they'd been developing up to that point, and had promised in numerous trailers and hype vids. If they can claw back some of that RPG in the next year, then it'll all be copacetic; if not, then it'll be forever remembered as a sadly missed opportunity.

|NOVVAK|

Novice
The aesthetics of Night City are GREAT and it can carry the game for a distance. But this game has the classic, "wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle" open world game problem, and I think as soon as that begins to show through the whole structure begins to crack and fall apart.
I killed some thugs that had been harrasing a guy in an alley. He thanked me. I turned around. A moment later I turned too look at this guy and now he was a woman (I guess it's some instant gender transition implant).

KK1001

Arbiter
I'll give CDPR one year from release (when it should have probably been released) to address as many of my concerns as possible. It's apparent this thing was rushed. It'll be interesting to see what sort of changes come to the entire game when the "next-gen" release happens for console.

Last edited:
Jesus, the AI for NPCs is so fucking bad. You can walk through a crowd with a gun in hand and nobody bats an eye, but try to park your bike on the sidewalk (so that it does not cause a gridlock because the AI drivers can't deal with going around it) and everyone loses their minds.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom