Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

msxyz

Augur
Crit chance and crit damage is way, way too overturned. Hacking is straight up broken. Resistances and everything else are essentially useless.
Level scaling in this game is implemented in the worst possible way

As the official guide also implies, different areas have different min-max stat for goons and loot. If you go too early to ceratain areas (i.e. corpo plaza) you'll get slaughtered. At the same time, if you delay certain quests in low level areas, they'll become extra easy, so this kind of defeats the purpose of level scaling which is to offer a challenge that if matched to the player capabilities. There's also another aspect. If you're able, early in the game, to defeat a goon in a high difficulty area (like the already mentioned corpo plaza) the dropped weapons will have a minimum level far above yours and won't be usable. This, of course, because the whole character progression is shit relying mostly on insane increase of the weapons stats.
Exactly, and I would like to add is: why a regular ganger on Santo Domingo is of higher level than a ganger on Watson? It was the same retardation on Witcher 3 with the water zombies, they are push overs then you turn a corner and they become one hit kill murder machines. Is it too hard to have threat levels not based on popamole general area level but based on enemy type? It doesnt make any sense to have downtown and Heywood blocked because the gangers in there are murder machines. I guess they made areas with a determined level so you can level scale guns to get that Swen's item fever nonsense, only that explain it.

I dont think the concept that what defines if a guy is though should be his firepower and armor and not much his level is that hard for a normie to grasp. I mean, even if you are a disfunctional retarded human being, if you see a Robocop guy with a cyber bazooka, it is way more intuitive for you to know that you are going to have your ass kicked than some retardred area level.Man, they copy pasted the worst popamole common denominator possible.
My V is level 39 at the moment, and I have the feeling that the level of those gangsters in Downtown got upped again. Armor is mostly meaningless, and I had to build my own sniper rifle to be able to try and one-shoot anything. Which you can do once or twice in a fight, before it gets ugly (handguns may work better, but my level in those is too low).

I also have the feeling that some perks are bugged in other ways than simply not working. I wish I would remember which perk made my rifles worse.
Corpo plaza min level for enemies/loot is 32, max 42 (according to the guide). If you abuse some hacks or weapons (like the tech sniper) you can beat the blue gigs in corpo plaza easily around level 10, although it takes some effort like 5-6 headshots per each enemy with a tech rifle instead of one.

The broken mechanics also effectively make the 'open world' concept redundant, because you can go everywhere, but only for sightseeing because in certain areas ALL quests/encounters are tied to a certain level (let's forget for a moment that they're still winnable through exploits). This is retarded because you tie difficulty to locations instead to specific encounter/quest design. In a good open world environment, the game should give you clues or context to decide which encounter is doable and which is not for your level. It's like a fantasy RPG where rats are as powerful as dragons just because they happen to be in a high level area

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
[...] I don't recall an enemy with a tech weapon blasting me through my cover. If they could it would be extremely annoying to play (e.g. "enemy tech sniper tracks and starts blasting you from the other side of a building, and there's nowhere you can go where they can't shoot you", "enemy netrunner uploads 'suicide': you die in 10 seconds"). I wonder whether a good rule of game design is "if the game would be stupid if the AI used the same abilities of the player, the game mechanics need work".

Eh? There are actually quite a few snipers who can blast you through cover with Nekomata sniper rifles. Off the top of my head: 1) the sniper at the cop event where there's the Russian chick with the fast movement who was hired by cops to get rid of homeless people (near Cassius' ripperdoc shop), 2) the sniper at the cop event in the city where you have to climb up to a sizeable area where a whole bunch of criminals with a guy who's been stealing from Trauma Team (sometimes there's a Trauma Team AV there), 3) the sniper at the cop event where Biotechnica hired goons are breaking a strike. Quite a lot of them actually. You can tell with them because you see a red laser homing in on you when you're out in the open, and if you sit in any cover for too long they will hit you. It means you can't always sit still behind cover and hack away merrily, you sometimes have to move. It's actually quite a good counter to the OP netrunner problem you talk about, but they don't quite make enough of it.

There was a discussion a while back about the missed opportunity with netrunning, where any sizeable group should have a netrunner you have to have some sort of "duel" with. I would suggest a minigame of Battleships type of thing, or at any rate something to acknowledge that there are netrunners out there who are as good as you are and can give you a run for your money. Some of the enemy netrunners are buried quite deep in their nests and can pump out a steady stream of Overheats - which would be a problem if you didn't have almost infinite health stims. Also, I don't think they have to be jacked into anything, they are mobile with their hacking the same way as you are, and actually do move around sometimes to avoid your hunting them.

Weirdly though, all these enemy netrunner shenanigans are front-loaded, they seem to dwindle away the deeper you get into the game.

Last edited:

|NOVVAK|

Novice
So I'm right before the point of no return ending quest and I'm running around finishing all the yellow gigs and side jobs first. I've played the entire game using stealth and pistols, and yet my stealth and pistols levels are around 17 each. Considering how close I am to the end, I guess you'd have to do all the blue police shit too in order to max them out for the endgame, which really makes those level 20 only perks pointless. Note I'm not talking about a reflexes level 20, but the handgun "level up when you use it" level. Anyway... those level 20 perks seem awesome but they also seem pointless given what it takes to get to them. You'll be at the end and an indestructible god by the time you use them.
Yes by the end you are an indestructible god, the game ending was extremely easy since all the gear and every usefull skills are maxed. Still was a good game with a great story.
You'll be an indestructible god before completing one third of the game (or sooner if you focus on it a bit).

I would like to amend my complaints. The fact that you can't get your cock out in photo mode is seriously cramping my style, and on a completely unrelated note if you kidnap various women and drag them back to your apartment they will eventually despawn. I keep trying with different women (Random NPCs, named NPCs, quest-target assassination NPCs) but they always manage to escape my clutches. Still having a blast with the game though, surprises me how I have more fun the more I play it but it's just a very tasteful game.

882682B017AC7407C3C2AB1ECA794B41CBBBEDF4

You should carry them around with you. There's a ridiculously OP perk in Athletics that triples your damage if you're carrying a body. Needless to say our own dear Pope Amole (Nerd Commando) has already made 2 builds exploiting that perk, one for pistols (as intended, since there's another perk that lets you fire pistols while carrying a body) and one a netrunner.
That'd be fun except the game's super damn easy already on very hard. Possibly because I'm a netrunner already so I only get shot at when I'm being really sloppy. It's one of the odd parts of the game, 'cause I recognize that it's piss easy and I die more to random physics freakouts than I do enemies, but I still have a lot of fun regardless.

|NOVVAK|

Novice
To me, as of right now, its greatest achievement is that it has awaken in me a desire to revisit Deus Ex franchise (and not only in me https://www.pcgamer.com/after-cyberpunk-2077s-rocky-launch-its-time-to-bring-back-deus-ex/).

Exactly. While I didn't played CP, dissapointment from it made me want to play DE MD which I skippedas sjw-infested product.
Not the game I would pay money for, but the game I would play.
So if you feel generous, feel free to gift me game on steam. :D
:lol:
I've talked with Gabe and he agreed to offer you an 85% discount on Steam (but only until the 5th of january). GOG agreed as well.

Last edited:

Turjan

Arcane
That'd be fun except the game's super damn easy already on very hard. Possibly because I'm a netrunner already so I only get shot at when I'm being really sloppy
Yes, that is OP. I only dabbled into it (just level 10 INT), so don't have any of the completely broken hacks, but even with the rest, I can already clear out many areas by using quickhacks. The game has a few weird exploits, like those tranquilizer rounds.

Perkel

Arcane
Interesting... Looks like not only iconics get special mods on them. Looks like you can actually find/loot non iconic weapons that do have mods on them. I don't know if they can roll though i think one of below with mod is something i just looted from random mob. All of below are just normal non iconic same Lexington blue pistol:

normal without mod:

unknown.png

with mod:

unknown.png

another with mod:

unknown.png

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Interesting... Looks like not only iconics get special mods on them. Looks like you can actually find/loot non iconic weapons that do have mods on them. I don't know if they can roll though i think one of below with mod is something i just looted from random mob. All of below are just normal non iconic same Lexington blue pistol:

normal without mod:

unknown.png

with mod:

unknown.png

another with mod:

unknown.png

That's why the crafting perk that lets you keep mods from disassembled items is one of the best perks in the game, and Crafting quite OP - by the time you've disassembled a ton of stuff, you have loads of purple and orange mods for everything, and then you can really tailor your items to taste.

Of course it's all pointless because massive OP-ness no matter what you do, but eh, art for art's sake, one wants to perfect one's build as much as possible regardless. I'm not OCD in the completionist sense, but I am OCD in the build perfection sense.

Perkel

Arcane
That's why the crafting perk that lets you keep mods from disassembled items is one of the best perks in the game, and Crafting quite OP - by the time you've disassembled a ton of stuff, you have loads of purple and orange mods for everything, and then you can really tailor your items to taste.

Of course it's all pointless because massive OP-ness no matter what you do, but eh, art for art's sake, one wants to perfect one's build as much as possible regardless. I'm not OCD in the completionist sense, but I am OCD in the build perfection sense.

I think you misunderstood what i wrote. "mod" in this case is special innate property of weapon not mod you can attach to weapon. But yeah that crafting perk seems good. I did not test it though as i don't have enough tech yet.

Yoomazir

Educated
Imagine the disbelief when after a 100 hours+ you go back to one of the first areas you did for gigs only to realize 2 things:
- enemies don't respawn.
- crates are still "full" of the bodies you disposed of.

The more I think the more I feel this is a Bethesda game. Ironic when CDPR loved to trash Skyrim...

alyvain

Learned
Imagine the disbelief when after a 100 hours+ you go back to one of the first areas you did for gigs only to realize 2 things:
- enemies don't respawn.

The more I think the more I feel this is a Bethesda game. Ironic when CDPR loved to trash Skyrim...

B-but the enemies do respawn in Skyrim...

potatojohn

Arcane
The broken mechanics also effectively make the 'open world' concept redundant, because you can go everywhere, but only for sightseeing because in certain areas ALL quests/encounters are tied to a certain level (let's forget for a moment that they're still winnable through exploits). This is retarded because you tie difficulty to locations instead to specific encounter/quest design. In a good open world environment, the game should give you clues or context to decide which encounter is doable and which is not for your level.
They do give you a clue. Several actually.

Tyrr

Liturgist
- enemies don't respawn.

B-but the enemies do respawn in Skyrim...
Or in FA4 when you loot a safe, come back later and it's full again.
Resetting the word regularly is worse than stuff staying the way you left it. I would prefer dynamic changes to the world stage thou.

Perkel

Arcane
The broken mechanics also effectively make the 'open world' concept redundant, because you can go everywhere, but only for sightseeing because in certain areas ALL quests/encounters are tied to a certain level (let's forget for a moment that they're still winnable through exploits). This is retarded because you tie difficulty to locations instead to specific encounter/quest design. In a good open world environment, the game should give you clues or context to decide which encounter is doable and which is not for your level. It's like a fantasy RPG where rats are as powerful as dragons just because they happen to be in a high level area

More like your broken head. "NONONO i want to go into military base at lvl 1 and gundown everyone and everything including tanks ! with my 9mm pistol" " WHY I AM DYING TO TANK ROUNDS !" "HELP OPEN WORLD IS RAPING ME !"

And yes game gives you clues. You have literally build in scanner that shows you if fighting someone is good idea.

World is unscaled which is great. If you want to invert that, Oblivion thread is also somewhere in codex.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Interesting bug. Call Rogue on the phone in your apartment, hang up, and take a nap. When you wake, she's sitting nearby in midair, posed like she's sitting in Afterlife.

In the run up to the Arasaka ending, I expected the timed 'Chekov's Gun' action to have an impact. Like the rest of the timed events, it had none. This ending would have been quite empty if you hadn't saved Goro, and the suggestion that you even can is near hidden, or maybe impossible without the leg/ankle mod.
Ending voicemails if you decide to go home instead of get uploaded make no sense.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
So many long videos and articles only to say "the hype was huge, actual game is wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle. Go play Deus Ex instead". The interesting thing is what happens now that the game is shit and everyone is mad. Revolution? I say revolution.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom