Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Doom and Wolf3D were massive decline.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
Pillars of Eternity 2 is the best rtwp rpg in the last 20 years, on every level it succeeds, intricate and thought provoking story, interesting and rarely explored setting, second to none world building, varied gameplay styles

10/10

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Pathfinder Kingmaker and NWN2 with spell fixes are the best rtwp rpg in the last 20 years, on every level it succeeds, intricate and thought provoking story, interesting and rarely explored setting, second to none world building, varied gameplay styles

Fixed for you.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Baldur's Gate is liked by codexers because it was their first RPG and they didn't know any better. It's the best example of rose-tinted glasses in the RPG community, a turd sandwich one had to swallow because the babby wasn't literate or patient enough to play Fallout.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
People would be fine with a different type of "area" scaling, where each area changes sensibly according to your level, offering different challenges with new monsters.
It should never be based on your level. Making other area harder when you complete one, or overall making the game harder when you reach objectives, is a completely different philosophy, the levels you gain are not rendered pointless.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The infatuation with 80s action heroes shows an underlying homsexuality prevalent within the Codex. I suggest some game developers capitalize on this with an 80s-based action FPS with the Codex as the target audience.

Seusin

Educated
The best settings are those with no non-humans. For sure.

That said, I'm willing to allow transformed humans like vampires and other undead, werewolves, etc. And constructs. And creatures who have a deep metaphysical point to being there like in Berserk.

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
It should never be based on your level. Making other area harder when you complete one, or overall making the game harder when you reach objectives, is a completely different philosophy, the levels you gain are not rendered pointless.

I only partially agree to this.
Wizardry 8 area + level scaling is arguably better, each area having a level range depending on the party level and monsters already spawned don't disappear until you killed them.

The one thing wizardry 8 did wrong is giving bonuses depending on the attacker/defender level difference, it calls for some grind early on to catch up and by mid-end game you're overpowered because of it.

Goldschmidt

Learned
Americas invent Jewish lampshades, soap and shrunken heads like Iraq's nuclear weapons.

Also Americas invented Idi-Amin who drinks blood, Syrian barrel bombs and fallen passport out of exploded building.

Americas very much fantasy.

But world remembers. When americas grows fat, we fuck their bellybuttons and carpetbomb their asses.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
Pillars of Eternity 2 is the best rtwp rpg in the last 20 years, on every level it succeeds, intricate and thought provoking story, interesting and rarely explored setting, second to none world building, varied gameplay styles

10/10
this but unironically

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I never played Planescape Torment

Then drop whatever you're doing and play it.

Sorry, but what I remember from the book was so bad that combined with the isometric view I really have no desire. What was so special about this game? Judging from the book the story can't be it...

The book is an awful adaptation. Judging the game off of it is pretty silly.

Edit: That'll learn me good for clicking new posts without checking the thread. I have sympathy for Wesp if he has actually suffered through the awful book.

Last edited:

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
Sorry, but what I remember from the book was so bad that combined with the isometric view I really have no desire. What was so special about this game? Judging from the book the story can't be it...
Well the gameplay's no good either. It's an absolute trash heap.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom