Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Caim

Arcane
Everyone complaining in this thread is either going to day-one purchase or going to shortly thereafter.

That is all.
As usual, because for all its bluster the Codex is weak.

fork

Everyone complaining in this thread is either going to day-one purchase or going to shortly thereafter.

That is all.

Most of the Codex, yes. Just like most of the general gaming population. I still like to think that the Codex is somewhat better though, with a slightly lower percentage falling to hype/preordering. Fabulously optimistic though, probably.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caim

Arcane

That is all.
Most of the Codex, yes. Just like most of the general gaming population. I still like to think that the Codex is somewhat better though, with a slightly lower percentage falling to hype/preordering.
The difference is that we at least talk about good games and pretend we play them, and we don't play the worst tripe that is on the market thinking it's the hottest shit on the planet.

Last edited:

Sentinel

Arcane
vHko4wP.png

Machocruz

Arcane
I don't buy any games right when they come out. I didn't like what I saw or heard of DickS3, so I skipped it. I will get this if after a month Codex consensus appears more positive than that game. Im hoping for a world atmosphere similar to Shadow of the Colossus , desolation and mystery, which From has excelled at before btw.

I finally got around to Sekiro recently, and I really enjoyed the tone, story, and art direction. A Muhzaki Game that felt fresh again. Not sure if I'm ready for quasi European medieval fantasy wank yet again. Unless there is dismemberment and I can Fashion Rings a crusader.

toroid

Arcane
Ah, the old open world with horse fast travel trope. I'm already tired of playing it. I hope From can work their magic on this one and make it seem less generic and accessible.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
ur mom was boring when i screwed her.
meh, I think dark souls had the potential to become a far more interesting game but it only declined further culminating in ds3, and this game doesn't look any different in that regard

Grimlorn

Arcane
I'm a bit disappointed. I expected something a bit different since they took some extra time to develop this. I know people are excited at the prospects of a DS4 but I was kind of tired of it after 3. I also thought they'd at least make something that looks different even if they kept the same engine, third person perspective, basic combat the other games possessed. I know the art looks slightly different, but I noticed in that trailer that the mobs moved exactly like previous games, which essentially means they've just reskinned mobs for this game, probably mostly from DS3. I'm not even sure how much this has to do with Viking lore either.

I'm not even sure how much this has to do with Viking lore either.
nothing. according to the leaks its high fantasy setting inspired by Celtic/Scottish myths & folklore and with lore/world history written by Martin.

expect the usual homage/ references to Berserk manga. It would not be Miyazakis game without them :lol:

DemonKing

Arcane
Can't see much GRR Martin DNA in that trailer - it literally looks like Dark Souls 4. Think it's safe to assume he took a paycheck so they could stick his name on the box and left it at that.

Shrimp

Arbiter
Can't see much GRR Martin DNA in that trailer - it literally looks like Dark Souls 4. Think it's safe to assume he took a paycheck so they could stick his name on the box and left it at that.
That was my guess since the first time it was announced as well. They probably hired him for one or two consultancy sessions where he could comment or offer suggestions on whatever story (backstory or game story) they already had made. He got his paycheck and FROM got to use his name for advertising purposes.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That was my guess since the first time it was announced as well. They probably hired him for one or two consultancy sessions where he could comment or offer suggestions on whatever story (backstory or game story) they already had made. He got his paycheck and FROM got to use his name for advertising purposes.
i can't believe GRRM write anything aside from typing Mcdonald order so yes. i do hope he at least can write a will.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
At least we have a way to find out exactly what Martin wrote as soon as the game comes out. Anything that is not taken straight out of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1 has to be Martin's work.

Shrimp

Arbiter
“Sunset found her THE TARNISHED squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up, she THE TARNISHED was shitting brown water. The more she THE TARNISHED drank the more she THE TARNISHED shat, but the more she THE TARNISHED shat, the thirstier she THE TARNISHED grew.”

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
That was my guess since the first time it was announced as well. They probably hired him for one or two consultancy sessions where he could comment or offer suggestions on whatever story (backstory or game story) they already had made

I've never expected Martin to be an important part of the game. Miyazaki said Martin created the lore, that he's like the author of a dungeon master guidebook. But even if he did create some sort of stark, austere Norse inspired mythos the Japs gonna Jap, they can't help themselves, and they'll mix it with heavy doses of various AZN whacky craziness. Expecting this to be some sort of GoT Souls is fruity.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
That's good 'cause who the fuck wants GoT the problem is that it's basically the same shit they have done before.

I don't mind reused assets, animations or gameplay features. That's par per course with Japanese games. But i'm not sure i want to go through another 200 hours of Bear Seek Seek Lest. I'm kinda burned out of those waifu characters and they are in every frikking game they have made and this one looks even more generic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom