Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hellish Quart - 17th century historical dueling game with physics based combat

Unwanted

Rewrite

Latest Doxxer Account
Dumbfuck
I am good, moderately... at Tekken and it looks like trash...
At least in Tekken you have to combo out of the a juggle.
Here you just mash buttons.

Unwanted

Rewrite

Latest Doxxer Account
Dumbfuck
now its my turn to say
wat

edit
ah im a faggot and its faggot month in sjw world?
HA! you played yourself
tekken is gay shit, true
and so is hellish quart but even worse... its a tranny lel

odrzut

Arcane
I am good, moderately... at Tekken and it looks like trash...
At least in Tekken you have to combo out of the a juggle.
Here you just mash buttons.

Somehow the same few people win every tournament so far.

It's not like a traditional fighting game, combos and frames and "this counters that" doesn't matter cause the physics decides what happens not hardcoded rules.

If you use the same move on the same opponent and he responds with the same move as previously - the result might be different because he moved 3 pixels sideways and his arm isn't caught by the blade anymore. Or he was at different point in his idle animation so the arm is elsewhere.

So you play this like real fencing - intuitively judging distance, body and weapon positioning and timing.

I prefer this to memorizing counters and invulnurability frames TBH.

Unwanted

Rewrite

Latest Doxxer Account
Dumbfuck
I prefer this to memorizing counters and invulnurability frames TBH.
You have not played a single fighting game to any competency...

Somehow the same few people win every tournament so far.
Its because there are 5 players and 2 of them put time into understanding footsies...

This game would fail in a competitive setting (hence its shit), compared to other fighting games, because its too random.
There are too many angles. You cant really defend. Thats why I used the Tekken comparison.
Tekken is similar because it has low,mid,high. Hitting on the ground, rolls. Counters, grapple. It has combo starters that take half the life bar away.
And it looks like HQ with 2 dudes going in a circle, dahs dash dash footsie footsie dahs dash dash whiff punish.
But Tekken needs skill, lots of complex button presses. Things as simple as putting a combo together.. You cant win randomly.
In HQ, its a single button press at the right time to kill... Its random. Hence shit.
Plebs would like it, like SF5.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Isabella model is gud

F1BA9A2F8C0F8B39A78AD1ED82F153B24E4444C1

BD1F51D7AAD1A9CF1826924B178856CB81721649

Aemar

Arcane
A second longsword character? Why?

Historically speaking, both these longsword characters are out of place. The only proper historically accurate two-handed swordsman would be a claymore-wielding Scottish clansman, one of those mercenary types engaged in the 17th century continental wars.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
It seems to me that the writter for the game has been a published author (a best seller author in fact) who simply teamed up with a bunch of no name game devs as a little side activity to enrich his fictional setting (btw that might explain all the wahmin with big swords... usual fantasy stuff), now that he is hitting it big with the TV industry, the game is simply going to piggyback on his success (reverse Witcher if you will).

I guess some Polish Codexers might be able to tell us more about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom