Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

Zumbabul

Savant
Is it normal that I cannot select "Challenge mode" for some maps? I want to do a side quest in Crow Street and cannot select Challange mode. Bug or feature? Would be boring to do this quest at 17 even at Cruel difficulty.

Yes, even if you play with 'always challenge mode', for a few missions challenge does not activate on the first run. On a second run it will activate, but not on the first.

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
How do I obtain blue and purple crafting materials? In the crafting menu in the description of all blue and purple material items there is a notice 'Not enough workmaship level'. Well how do I get more workmanship levels?

Sykar

Arcane
By the way are you guys reading the flavor texts? Albus Great Swordsman mastery set "Sword of Protection" has "For the honor of Grayskull". I guess we know what those nerdy devs watched back in the day!

I don't even have the option to craft a Flash Core *shrug*

Crafting? I collect them from lightning rocks. Just finished a quest for the gem dealer who wanted 3 of them.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I don't think she even had magic powers (her innate element was physical).
Theres a point to be made that having exceptional physical prowess in a universe that is largely dominated by guns and swords and batons/maces, is actually the best power to have. Being able to withstand most physical trauma would make you almost invincible, and as such you'd be a perfect candidate to train to become an assassin.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
By the way are you guys reading the flavor texts? Albus Great Swordsman mastery set "Sword of Protection" has "For the honor of Grayskull". I guess we know what those nerdy devs watched back in the day!
VsEcNyh.jpg

I mean, they do look like a group of giant nerds who just wanted to make a game regardless of success, which just makes me like the team even more. The fact they still respond to every single review they get on steam within less than 24hrs just adds to that, of course. They just seem like a great bunch of people who enjoy their work and just want to provide the best possible experience for the players. Its heartwarming, really, and makes it even more sad that developers like these tend to struggle for a livelihood while low-tier AAA productions rake in millions.

Sykar

Arcane
Met Foo the first time. Fucker one shot down 2 of my police men and 1 time 1400 HP Irene, twice if you count her twice thanks to her Phoenix. At least he went down. Irene has Impulse Fields now, hope that helps a little with guys like that....

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Met Foo the first time. Fucker one shot down 2 of my police men and 1 time 1400 HP Irene, twice if you count her twice thanks to her Phoenix. At least he went down. Irene has Impulse Fields now, hope that helps a little with guys like that....

I switched to Second Heart. Does the same thing but can sometimes help you get through 3-4 hits instead of just the 1.

Tigranes

Arcane
VsEcNyh.jpg

I mean, they do look like a group of giant nerds who just wanted to make a game regardless of success, which just makes me like the team even more. The fact they still respond to every single review they get on steam within less than 24hrs just adds to that, of course. They just seem like a great bunch of people who enjoy their work and just want to provide the best possible experience for the players. Its heartwarming, really, and makes it even more sad that developers like these tend to struggle for a livelihood while low-tier AAA productions rake in millions.

I'm curious, how do you figure all of that out from just the photo? Or are you saying that's what you already think about the game and you're just putting it back on the photo?

Definitely hope they are making enough from all this to continue making games. We'll see. I'm not even sure if they can even hope to be bought out by a bigger company, because the scene is even more dominated by MMOs/mobile games in Korea. It would be great to see more proof that we can have proper RPG developers survive across a variety of regions.

Suicidal

Arcane
I don't think she even had magic powers (her innate element was physical).
Theres a point to be made that having exceptional physical prowess in a universe that is largely dominated by guns and swords and batons/maces, is actually the best power to have. Being able to withstand most physical trauma would make you almost invincible, and as such you'd be a perfect candidate to train to become an assassin.

I don't remember this stuff very well, but doesn't not having an element mean you don't have any special powers and are just a normal dude in the Troubleshooter world? IIRC all of the police units you had with you had the physical element and they definitely weren't some exceptional superhumans.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/470310/view/2976301985163944632

Hello everyone, this is Troubleshooter development team.

We beg to inform you that the game contents update and system maintenance.

• During the maintenance, gamers who use Online mode can't play the game. Please exit the game in a safe place within the game if possible before the maintenance begins.
  • During the maintenance, gamers who use Offline mode can play the game.

Maintenance Schedule
  • Daylight saving time is not applied.
  • Date: August 1st, 2021
  • Monday 11:00 ~ 13:00 CET
  • Monday 18:00 ~ 20:00 JST
  • Monday 02:00 ~ 04:00 PST
  • Monday 09:00 ~ 11:00 UTC

Update Details:
  • Added a new scenario mission [ Overlapping Coincidence, Another Phrase for Destiny ]
  • Added a Bianca's professional skill [ Transmog ]
    • [ Transmog ] changes appearance of weapons
    • After Bianca has joind your team, once you completed the scenario mission [ To Not Regret... Training Room of the Wind Wall District VHPD ] and talk to Oleg in the Shooter Street, then relevant event will be triggered.
    • This event is hard to notify on the current UI. Through the UI update in the future, the development team will improve the UI so players can notify it easily. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
  • Added a [ Additional Difficulty Settings ]
    • You can add extra setup to the game difficutly
    • [ A Parallel World ] : This feature lets you succeed already-created company's crafting methods, researchable masteries, Troublemakers and additional mastery information. This feature can only be activated in the [ New Company ] menu
    • [ Limits to Growth ] : Characters cannot grow above the recommended level of the participated mission
    • [ Paranoid ] : If the enemy's level rises to match the mission's recommended level, or if the enemy's level rises due to the activation of the challenge mode, the masteries given to the enemy are likely to be additional mastery effects
  • Added a mastery set [ Upgraded Armor-Piercing Bullet ]
    00793cf985d63d14d633073070481b78df069ca5.png

• Fixed a bug that [ Pincer Movement ] is applied to an enemy that is in a Out of Action state in a specific condition.
  • Fixed a bug that [ Forestallment ] animation was played when an enemy is trying to Dashing Attack and not in a near tile of ally unit yet.
  • Fixed a bug that you couldn't select the unique mastery such as [ Luminescence ] that is was possible to select in a previous evolution step when you retrain a beast.
  • Fixed a bug that current equipped item information had not been changed when you changed items in a Formation mode.
  • Fixed a bug [ Limit Max FPS ] had not been worked properly in a specific condition.

Thank you.

Sykar

Arcane
Mh I cannot get Magic Knight Albus to work well. All he has over Great Swordsman is life restoration on dealing 66% or more damage in one hit but otherwise, less block, dodge, DR, and not as easy to inorporate stuff like counterattacks or one shot masteries. Also lacking some vital masteries and not sure where to farm them from for Wind Mage/Magic Knight. Also lost over 800 HP.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Mh I cannot get Magic Knight Albus to work well. All he has over Great Swordsman is life restoration on dealing 66% or more damage in one hit but otherwise, less block, dodge, DR, and not as easy to inorporate stuff like counterattacks or one shot masteries. Also lacking some vital masteries and not sure where to farm them from for Wind Mage/Magic Knight. Also lost over 800 HP.

It’s not you. It’s magic knight Albus

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Magic Knight is one of the classes I played through just for the sake of trying it, but upon completion immediately switched back to Great Swordsman with 8 or more simultaneous masteries by the end of the game.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
A number of wind masteries can be farmed in that Kylie & Heixing vs Shandian and his fat buddy encounter at the garage. Might want to lower the difficulty at first, though...

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I agree with some parts of this post when it comes to endgame, especially regarding Magic Knight

https://steamcommunity.com/app/470310/discussions/2/2575445991832674633/

Yeah, but this only applies to Magic Knight.
The OP's impression about the Great Swordsmen's effectiveness is very wrong. He remained my MVP at least troughout the main game (haven't finished all DLC). Kinda squishy and can die easily if you're not careful, but otherwise can slay half the enemy force...
The OP has a wrong idea about Bladestorm trigger chance (with Traces of Blood). It is not that common that it does NOT trigger (and enemies don't need to bleed BEFORE the attack). So I'm guessing the chance might be 25% base + 45% Traces of Blood = 70% minimum.
And then you fully restore BOTH AP... So in fact 1H1K is the worse option for Albus. Fortunately late game enemies have way more HP (and often Impulse Fields) and rarely die to 1 hit.... and he also has stuff like Hemmorhage to make sure that the 2nd strike will be A LOT more deadly.

At least vs organic targets, that is. Robots are another story.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom