Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Acrux

Arcane
This is probably a “I didn’t even lift” but how does this compare to Kingmaker? The combat was solid, especially with Turn-Based mod/toggle. But there were a few things that I thought held it back, and I’m curious is WOTR does these better – especially the first 2.

1) The reactiveness was all over the place – I could play a paladin of Erastil but nobody seemed to care.
2) Similarly, the alignment-restricted responses that were simply bizarre. These could be taken care of with mods, but it was poorly done.
3) Random encounters that were in no way level appropriate. I didn’t like using Power word: Reload over and over just because your level 5 party encounters a group of 5 CR 9 Greater Fire Elementals (which has happened to me more than once).
4) Quest triggers that would be bypassed if you didn’t complete them the way devs intended. For instance, my first time playing I missed Ekun and Jubilist because I went to their locations too early.
5) Oh, and vile, pushy Regongar-type characters. Can't stand him.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Is this game going to be functional on September 2? Or is it going to be like Kingmaker?

Likely somewhere in between. Been running smooth for me just some class abilities missing then pretty much all Crusade Management in Ch3.

Desiderius

Patron
This is probably a “I didn’t even lift” but how does this compare to Kingmaker? The combat was solid, especially with Turn-Based mod/toggle. But there were a few things that I thought held it back, and I’m curious is WOTR does these better – especially the first 2.

1) The reactiveness was all over the place – I could play a paladin of Erastil but nobody seemed to care.
2) Similarly, the alignment-restricted responses that were simply bizarre. These could be taken care of with mods, but it was poorly done.
3) Random encounters that were in no way level appropriate. I didn’t like using Power word: Reload over and over just because your level 5 party encounters a group of 5 CR 9 Greater Fire Elementals (which has happened to me more than once).
4) Quest triggers that would be bypassed if you didn’t complete them the way devs intended. For instance, my first time playing I missed Ekun and Jubilist because I went to their locations too early.
5) Oh, and vile, pushy Regongar-type characters. Can't stand him.

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Those weren't random. Don't go where you don't belong at level five. Wrath will burn that same hand until you learn.
4) That was poorly done. There is one similar thing in Wrath with the first step of the Azata line.
5) For CE he was tame. There are CE companions in Wrath as well. They aren't but they're women.

Acrux

Arcane
Thanks. Sounds good, then. I somewhat disagree with you on the mechanics of #3. They were random encounters (I could reload an earlier save and get different - easier or more difficult - results), but usually it was to get to places like where the Tiefling quest starts or just over the river (literally) from your capital. I agree that there are places a low level group shouldn't go, but sometimes you had to go through those areas just to progress the game. Anyway, that's a fairly minor issue to me.

Yeah, Regongar was "tame" for CE, but I'm not a teenager or a degenerate, so I have no interest in romances in RPGs - especially gay ones.

Looking at some of the classes, I'm actually pretty interested now. Paladin and Slayer are my two favorite, so it's nice to see the Divine Scion archetype is available.

Desiderius

Patron
Thanks. Sounds good, then. I somewhat disagree with you on the mechanics of #3. They were random encounters (I could reload an earlier save and get different - easier or more difficult - results), but usually it was to get to places like where the Tiefling quest starts or just over the river (literally) from your capital. I agree that there are places a low level group shouldn't go, but sometimes you had to go through those areas just to progress the game. Anyway, that's a fairly minor issue to me.

Yeah, Regongar was "tame" for CE, but I'm not a teenager or a degenerate, so I have no interest in romances in RPGs - especially gay ones.

Looking at some of the classes, I'm actually pretty interested now. Paladin and Slayer are my two favorite, so it's nice to see the Divine Scion archetype is available.

I rarely played him because you know CE but all you had to do was tell him to fuck off and you never had to deal with it again, and you could even eventually turn him CN etc, etc... Ssolasta made me choose a fucking pronoun for my own character. That's way worse than depicting a CE Orc dipshit realistically.

archaen

Cipher
Patron
Is this game going to be functional on September 2? Or is it going to be like Kingmaker?

I thanks to a friend only tested the beta some months ago. The game till chapter 4 was very stable, I can't judge the second half of ch 4 cuz I din't wanna to spoil me much.
Except the most recent beta is in some ways buggier than the first and has broken my ability to play the game. My hopes are low for launch to actually be able to complete the game. They are especially low for mounted combat, new/bonus archetypes, and the strategic layer.

Desiderius

Patron

Yosharian

Arcane
Regongar really is disgusting, I just went to kill the Stag Lord and he literally said "I want to smother you with kisses" wtf is this writing Owlcat. I'm playing a dude by the way. And I've already told him I'm not interested in him.

(He is also nowhere near Chaotic Evil, after we gave the branch back to the Mites he was all 'aww these guys are fun, good for them'. Fuck off. Even a Chaotic Neutral character would break their stupid stick in half, throw it in their faces and tell them 'WHAT NOW BITCHES?' Chaotic Evil would be trying to shove it up Queen B'dah's ass maybe, I dunno.)

I hope the NPCs in Wrath are a bit more normal

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Normal lol.

The problem with Reg exactly how you describe it is that he's far too normal. That's what happens when you let nice pozzed chix write characters. Same thing with Wolj when he calls you dreamboat when he first meets you.

In both cases that shit is shortlived. Just the usual female authors Mary Suing themselves into characters. It is in fact extra annoying when they do this with gay characters.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Regongar isn't so bad. His degeneracy is appropriate for his character. Tristian gives me the creeps for real. I think he touches alter boys. This bothered me until the game gave me the option to tell him he makes me uncomfortable. What I thought was shit writing is actually really effective writing. You are supposed to be creeped out by Tristian the gay simp.

Desiderius

Patron
He's not gay dumbass he got in trouble in the first place for chasing tail.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
He's not gay dumbass he got in trouble in the first place for chasing tail.
I didn't get to that part of the story yet. Why the hell does he act so gay then? He creeps on you hard, giving you presents and begging for your approval. He's like a teenaged autist with a crush. That's why I use Harrim instead.

Merchant anon! Good strong 1% wealths friend anon! Areelu wife is real mommy mommy wife anon! She is! It does give me maximum Wrath of Righteous mommy soreness anon! It does! You are a good strong friend anon!
ddn2zkq.jpg

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Rogues are d8 in pathfinder.

But can legend allow a Barbarian to have lv 20 in two different Barbarian suclasses? That would probably be the best for ERYFKRAD lv 20 barbarian suclass 1/lv 20 barbarian suclass 2.

-------

One critique which I have against mythic path is that there is too much CHA based MP

• Angel - Wisdom
  • Aeon - Charisma
  • Azata - Charisma
  • Demon - Charisma
  • Lich - Intelligence
  • Trickster - Charisma
2/3 of the mythic paths available on beta scale with 1/5 of attributes. IMO should be :

• Angel = WIS or CHA, the highest one
  • Aeon = WIS or INT, the highest one
  • AZATA = CHA or INT, the highest one
  • Demons = STR or CON, the highest one.
  • Lich = INT or WIS, the highest one
  • Trickster = CHA or DEX, the highest one.

Sunri

Liturgist
I certainly hope that you can lock yourself into a mythic path early. I was given the impression that those things would define the narrative from beginning to end, I'd hate them to be some kind of male vitality pill you can just choose to swallow at some point with no build up.
Its okay that you can lock yourself from mythic path but this decision at this points in the game is not that clear and it also lock you from companion and one location with really cool fight +M

Also during the event with bugs when you use your army as distraction is there any correct decision that can save you crusade army? or they are always wiped off the map no matter where are they

Jorus

Educated
Also during the event with bugs when you use your army as distraction is there any correct decision that can save you crusade army? or they are always wiped off the map no matter where are they
If you mean the book event where you have to pick a companion I believe Sosiel and Lann are the best ones for that event.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom