Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sharpedge

Prophet
What you guys will play once the game releases?
A few things.

LG - Cleric of Erastil or potentially a paladin Angel.
CG - Sylvan Sorc Azata. Maybe a bard to get some variety since there is already a sorc on lich.
LN - Sword Saint.
TN - Not sure yet, will be a very meme like character though.
LE - Undead Sorc Lich.
NE - To be decided, want to try something with the swarm though.
CE - Probably Vivisectionist or Bloodrager Demon.

Half-elf, NG or CG, Hexcrafter Magus and probably Azata.

I like Hexcrafter, gives very little away and gets an option to grab some hexes in return. Flight and Ice Plant are a sure pick.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Aeon - Dhampir (Sacred Ancestry) - LN - Fighter 1, Wizard 5, Hellknight Signifier 4, Eldritch Knight 10
Trickster - Tiefling (Motherless) - CN - Sanctified Slayer (Gozreh, Animal) 16, Mad Dog 4
Azata - Kitsune (reverse furry (baldy?) always polymorphed into human form for +4 physical bonus master shapeshifter mythic ability) - CG - Primalist 20 (Abyssal + Fey bloodlines)
Angel - Half Elf (Kindred Raised) - NG - Oracle (Nature + Battle) 20
Legend - Human - LN - Sword Saint 20, Mutation Warrior 20 (if Legend works as suggested)

Not interested in the evil mythic paths, except maybe doing a redemption seeking CN demon who chooses to take the Gold Dragon path eventually.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Human Primalist with some class splashes in there just to give Desi an excuse to tell me I'm playing the game wrong. :P
No idea on the mythic path... likely Azata or Gold Dragon

If you play Primalist you already are whether you're splashing or not.

The exception that proves the rule. Mutation Warrior is pushing it but at least there are real downsides there (nonbo with Incense Synthesizer for instance).

Jorus

Educated
What you guys will play once the game releases?

1st playthrough
Aasimar (just because of wings)
Oracle
NE
Lich

2nd
Either Human or Tiefling
Mutation Warrior or Elemental Rampager
CE/CN/NE
Demon

3rd
Human
Cleric
LG
Angel

Afterwards it will depend might go Aeon to
Devil
or go Swarm.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/3272107

An Update on Mod Support

Hello, Pathfinders!

We’ve had a hot summer so far. We’ve been preparing trailers, dev diaries, updated the beta version, and collected feedback from our beta players. And of course, we have been working hard on polishing Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous and preparing it for its release on the 2nd of September. Yeah, it’s definitely the hottest part of the development cycle!

80418f07b6c68e9d321c88dc5fda8954_original.png

Also, we’ve been in contact with some of our community’s mod makers, and provided the tools which we created as a part of our Mod Support social goal, which was met during our Kickstarter campaign thanks to you all! So the mods for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous are in development, and some have been tested with the beta already. Unfortunately, while we will ship Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous with the promised mod support, we haven’t finished working on the Steam interface for the mods yet. Right now we are focused on preparation for the release and polishing, but we promise that this feature will arrive after the release, providing a more comfortable modding experience for Steam users.

Once again, we would like to remind you to check your account on backers’ portal, if you haven’t done it earlier. Remember, that you need to log in with the email you used on Kickstarter when you backed Wrath! In your Orders tab you should be able to see a paid order from Kickstarter, and in the Purchased items tab - what exactly you ordered. If your account is empty, please search your mailboxes for an email from media@owlcatgames.com containing a link. If you can’t find such an email, please write to team@owlcatgames.com, and we will help!

If your orders are correct, you don’t need to do anything else.

To arms!

e94639ac9cc5d71687fc3070884fa252_original.png

kain30

Cipher
I'm not sure about race and class yet. But I'm going to finish the game with each mythic path. I spent 250 hours in kingmaker. I' m expecting much more hours in this one

Stoned Ape

Savant
Any info on the gold dragon path?

There's definite information out there about how to unlock it, but apart from that just a few vague rumours. Apparently the theme of the path is based around inspiring those weaker than yourself and giving them the opportunity to redeem themselves if they have fallen to evil.

Vague rumours about path abilities:

It is apparently the most martial focused mythic path, and allegedly one of the Owlcat devs suggested that one of its powers was to buff BAB (to actually boost the number of attacks rather than just a normal AB increase).
A different person stated that it had been said that it was possible for it to summon gold dragons to help. That wouldn't really be that much of a surprise considering the summons other paths get.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I'm planning on at least beating the game as an:
  • Azata Druid as my first playthrough (Unless there is alignment conflict there)
  • Cleric or Oracle Swarm
  • Wizard or witch Lich
  • and a barbarian/fighter Legend.
After that who knows where I will go, but by the 3rd playthrough I'll be using all custom companions so I'll get to experiment with classes a lot then beyond the companions presets.

Desiderius

Patron
Any info on the gold dragon path?

There's definite information out there about how to unlock it, but apart from that just a few vague rumours. Apparently the theme of the path is based around inspiring those weaker than yourself and giving them the opportunity to redeem themselves if they have fallen to evil.

Vague rumours about path abilities:

It is apparently the most martial focused mythic path, and allegedly one of the Owlcat devs suggested that one of its powers was to buff BAB (to actually boost the number of attacks rather than just a normal AB increase).
A different person stated that it had been said that it was possible for it to summon gold dragons to help. That wouldn't really be that much of a surprise considering the summons other paths get.

Biggest hint is Warpriest-specific equipment at the place where you find him. Warpriest is already sneaky good but doesn’t have a good Mythic home yet.

Desiderius

Patron
Having never played kingmaker, are these achievements? What are these paths?

It’s a parallel leveling system that lets you do stupid shit, which you naturally end up needing because the usual reasons.

Big fun.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
What you guys will play once the game releases
  • Race : Barbarian
  • Class : Barbarian
  • Mythic path : Barbarian
  • Alignment : Barbarian
This is 100% friendly banter, so don't take this personally, but...

- if you choose a mythic path, you get to be a bit of something other than a barbarian

- if you don't choose a mythic path, you get to be a Legend, and have 20 extra levels in something other than a barbarian

:troll:

Help us here... how is this going to end... ? :)

Thonius

Arcane
In what way?
They are fucking creepy I don't want to deal with such characters. They are offputing. Remind me of IRL freaks that tattoo their eyelids/whites of eyes.

- if you choose a mythic path, you get to be a bit of something other than a barbarian

- if you don't choose a mythic path, you get to be a Legend, and have 20 extra levels in something other than a barbarian

Or 40 levels of the barb. Maybe bloodRager just to keep it weird.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Mods will fix it. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom