Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Man... it was nice to see the voice actors and stuff, but I'd wish Owlcat would step up their production value. Like... if you're going to invite a writer, get him a good Internet connection. And maybe test everything 15 minutes before stream just to be sure everyone has the same voice level.

Saravan

Savant
I'm done contemplating because I will go crazy. I have decided. Slayer Deliverer Shield Basher. He's going to be a regular white human male and I will kill that kitsune companion immediately.

idWiMAB.png

Shadenuat

Arcane
hey there's a priest of Josh. some chanel, quickened chanel. huh.
there's a Neanderthal druid whos main ability is having larger club and being stronk.
and a monk whos main idea is having staff that is a lot longer than anyone elses. see a pattern here. actually those 2 would be funny together if you had enough levels. the Big Stick class.
there's a shaman kit that seems more lore friendly for yandere companion
and a rogue who seems can use all these trickster skills
a sorcerer whos class ability is named "Overwhelming Penetration"
probably a good companion for a sorceress with anime kit I am going to play for sure justbecause
some cute wizard kits that seem to make them better casters than other casters as it should be
and a Winter Witch! that... i expected something cooler but is ok. now if only witches had something better than snowballs otherwise it's more like Winter Shaman. but surely owlcats would add me some spells later instead of fixing other classes because mine are more important.

well, did my yosharian part of reading wikipedia. time to sleep until first two DLCs.

Shadenuat

Arcane
sad that companions/writing are such a weak link in all presented. everything else can either claim place as a real BG3, or like minigames can be suffered through if your willpower is enough
but companions being more of an annoyance this time than at least basic d&d/funny bg2 guys lowers your engagement with the gaem a lot. so does a lot of the writing (mythics are Ok as better Bg2 strongholds+++++).
even no going jubi+ level, or regil/ember level, not going below asshole tiefling level could have been ok (although he's already boring, something like Cernd-level tbh).
god this game needs a drunken MCA and 2 extra editors.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What you guys will play once the game releases?

I?
  • Race : Dhampir of sacred ancestry
  • Class : Pact Wizard(if comes) or Exploiter wizard(if pact doesn't come)
  • Mythic path : Lich (I prefer vampirism, but lichdoom is great too)
  • Alignment : Chaotic Evil
I will also play with no XP share and a very small party till about lv 11. Then I will turn on to not get lv 20 too quickly.

Jorus

Educated
Damn, when did books gave you bonuses? Guess I'm going to start hoarding them.

kmee81.png

Last edited:

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I?
Dhampir
Sorcerer - Undead Bloodline
Lich
Neutral Evil

You dump the CON, because as Lich you're probably going to get HP from CHA. Your magic influences your armies.

Unless I understood wrong, and Lich gives INT in Mythical (didn't play it), this seems like a much more "cute" path.

Dodo1610

Arcane

• Race: Half-Elf
  • Class: Cavalier - Disciple of the Pike
  • Mythic path: I am going to decide that in-game, though only interested in: Gold Dragon, Azata, Demon, Devil and Legend
  • Alignment: start with neutral

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Probably my go to:

Lawful Good, Human, Paladin, Angel path

Although I'm also thinking about:

Lawful Neutral, Halfling, Beast Rider Cavalier - Order of the Cockatrice, Aeon path (seriously, who doesn't want to be an egotistical halfling riding a dinosaur and dispensing judgment on others? People with no vision, that's who.)

The latter is what I started tooling around with in the beta recently.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Probably my go to:

Lawful Good, Human, Paladin, Angel path

Although I'm also thinking about:

Lawful Neutral, Halfling, Beast Rider Cavalier - Order of the Cockatrice, Aeon path (seriously, who doesn't want to be an egotistical halfling riding a dinosaur and dispensing judgment on others? People with no vision, that's who.)

The latter is what I started tooling around with in the beta recently.

The Halfling-specific archetype is a Cav so unless you're planning infinite playthroughs may want to try that one. The Second Level AoE Saves reroll ability is REALLY good.

Of course it's currently missing but it will be REALLY good when they turn it on in a couple years.

Desiderius

Patron
What's with all the ebil? This is a crusade against Demons for fuck's sake, you've got every other game these degenerates make until the end of time to play evil. If they follow the American trajectory it will be mandatory within ten years.

Desiderius

Patron
Playing:

CN Archaeologist Trickery Dispelling Trickster
CG Disciple of the Pike Tank Azata
LN Skald Aeon
NG Angel TBD
Gold Dragon TBD
Gnome Arcanist
Halfling Cav
Urban Hunter Legend maybe

If they get Incense Synthesizer working that will be first playthrough probably. Real shortage of INT-based and no companions really go Alchemist well.

Probably Elemental Rampager to prove it doesn't suck.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
sad that companions/writing are such a weak link in all presented. everything else can either claim place as a real BG3, or like minigames can be suffered through if your willpower is enough
but companions being more of an annoyance this time than at least basic d&d/funny bg2 guys lowers your engagement with the gaem a lot. so does a lot of the writing (mythics are Ok as better Bg2 strongholds+++++).
even no going jubi+ level, or regil/ember level, not going below asshole tiefling level could have been ok (although he's already boring, something like Cernd-level tbh).
god this game needs a drunken MCA and 2 extra editors.

Daeran has good features if you turn off the voice and ignore the gay shit. Sosiel's quest is about hunting down the chad, can be seen as his own maturation from the simp he starts out as. Lann and Seelah are solid enough. Reg is the best I don't know there's a good deal of cleverness to it.

In any event there's enough mechanics to keep me occupied and I find even the stupid writing familiar enough to be not all that annoying. I know people who think like that and they're harmless and often good friends, chill, etc... not SJW/woke.

Almost forgot Spergy Sue. She's totally the new Nok Nok. Chick furries are way less disgusting and you might as well keep her human in any case.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
zwVdIbf.jpg

WTF HAPPENED TO HER EYES?
Well, horns... mouth.... your imagination. No judgement, so maybe no eyes is a plus. She'll fuck anything.

Shadenuat

Arcane
i will play an angel witch

flying%2Bwitch.gif
since shes kind she would have to romance and save from torment her prince daeran

a trickster witch

elaina-elaina-drunk.gif
definitely romancing daeran

an aeon witch

tumblr_mxafmuasn11qdfk4wo1_500.gifv
to banalce things, need to romance daeran and save world from his plotthing

a devil witch

ddnsgpo-893f9e8e-9229-4464-bb06-5799e1f592b7.gif
daeran I guess

and and a swarm witch

found-ravel.jpg
evil too so would have to devour daeran

(counts fingers slowly bending one by one) ugh thats 5 except stigmatasied, OWLCATS!!

I guess I can also play
(breaths painfuly)

azata 9 tails heir

EuBX6PcXIAEEXOC.png:large

EuBX6PaXYAEIBuE.png:small
...dae??...

and, for a Legend.

705e695b90e6c174081e252c916556ea.jpg

Human Primal Druid melee only. a neanderthal choice.

(looks at female romance options)
yeah. i guess.....
.......Daeran it is!!!

my choice might change 2 years later when game is ready tho.

Last edited:

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

I?
I will also play with no XP share and a very small party till about lv 11. Then I will turn on to not get lv 20 too quickly.
Human
Exploiter Wizard
Azata
CG

I always play human, a wizard variant first and Azata speaks to me. I never got around to an Evil playthrough of Kingmaker, but Lich MIGHT be enough to tempt me for a later playthrough here.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
LN
Human/Oread
Zen Archer/Stone
Aeon

LE
Dhampir
Kineticist
Lich

CN
Half-elf
Master of All
Trickster

Last edited:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Human Primalist with some class splashes in there just to give Desi an excuse to tell me I'm playing the game wrong. :P
No idea on the mythic path... likely Azata or Gold Dragon

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom