Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Again with the gargoyles oh my god kill me now

upload_2021-9-3_23-28-35.png

upload_2021-9-3_23-30-2.png

:dead:

Robber Baron

Savant
I agree, there is bedrock support for this and they are getting pressure from more than just people on Twitter, but it is something I noticed when I googled portraits, and it's definitely part of the climate they operate in. Imagine pandering to these people and still getting beat on every day.

It's buisness, they probably want to become a part of the western gamedev big money flow and any buisness is all about politics.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Guys, I don't recommend multi classing Seelah as the Campaign has all evil enemies.

Bards are cool and all but Paladins are custom made for this.

Nerd Commando's build doesn't Bard her, rather it Skalds her (Battle Scion) - works quite well so far (though only at lvl 5 atm).

Glaive or other 2-H early game (with power attack), transitioning to sword and board two-weapon later (haven't gotten there yet).

I wish I'd gotten the hint with all the Glaives lying around and given her a Glaive earlier, she's an absolute beast with it, and it gets around her pathetic squishiness - she now just obliterates things before they even have a chance to sniff her minge :) She's embarrassing my Eldritch Scion (though he's starting to catch up now that he's at lvl 5).

It's funny how they haven't given us a dedicated tank companion like Valerie this time (unlesss there's one later?) - it's like they're acknowledging that most players are just going to make something durable to get through the story.

Encountered first serious bug - the quest where you have to go kill Ramien for the inquisitor guy (the first char you meet as you're brought in on a stretcher right at the beginning) in the Market Square area. Couldn't find Ramien anywhere (he's supposed to be at the gate outside the Desna church) - nor could I find the inquisitor guy again either, for that matter. Got bored and ended up finishing the quest via Toy Box.

How is Seelah squishy? She’s got Heavy + Shield + Dodge + Shield Focus + +2 Sacred AC at lvl 4 + CHR bonus AC against anything tough + Barkskin potion lasts forever.

I put her on Glaive because why not but how are people thinking she’s fragile?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I guess I'm ahead of the curve since nobody seems to be talking about this garbage. It's the same bullshit like in Kingmaker House fights.

View attachment 20665

No way to deal with this with my current party. No way to prgoress.

E: And just like that I beat the fight after a dozen tries. Doesn't feel like an accomplishment though.

The game is extremely overtuned early on. You face level 5 enemies or enemies way more equipped than they should be for your level. I don't know why owlcat thinks this is good game design, there is barely even any reward for beating this overtuned fights too. The game also just gets progressively easier later.

In the maze you are fighting mobs that can hit you for 30+ damage with masterwork or composite weapons and immediately one hit kill even the paladin in your party with no outplay if you don't have hard CC. Why are we level 2 fighting characters that are level 5+ with such weapons?
Really? They're pretty weak to me. The only ones that gave me any trouble were the elementals.

I think the masterwork items were just to give you some loot.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Is there really a 3 day timer on the early city section before you miss stuff? 'Cause resting once took 2 days and I'd realllllly like to rest again, but all I've done is clear the central market.

Desiderius

Patron
Honestly, devs get bullied into doing this largely. Don't get me wrong, they are libcucks themselves, but if you google stuff about this game you can find twitter threads where people are yelling at them for not making the portraits pozzed enough, so the pressure is there. And while you will find people like us complaining in our own spaces, we don't go and yell at them on Twitter every other day to make things more based.

Current liberal anti-culture push is something that yelling won't fix
That said they chose this module for that exact reason of virtue signaling to get into the big boys club by pandering to their agenda

I agree, there is bedrock support for this and they are getting pressure from more than just people on Twitter, but it is something I noticed when I googled portraits, and it's definitely part of the climate they operate in. Imagine pandering to these people and still getting beat on every day.

Do they ever figure out the pandering just makes it worse or are they to stuck in the vicious cycle?

IMO its mostly culture. The twitter ranting is just an expression of that and an echo chamber. I will say that pushback does work--it worked fantastically well during GamerGate, when advertising boycott campaigns from KiA were killing millions of dollars in advertising campaigns. But then Reddit made a rule that GamerGate and only GamerGate wasn't allowed to organize boycotts. So that shows you the power of organized action, it's just that people on the other side of this question tend not to be into the activist thing, and they don't have institutions approving and celebrating their activism. But if 100,000 normies mailed Owlcat telling them to stop being faggots I'm sure it would have an effect.

I guess I'm ahead of the curve since nobody seems to be talking about this garbage. It's the same bullshit like in Kingmaker House fights.

View attachment 20665

No way to deal with this with my current party. No way to prgoress.

E: And just like that I beat the fight after a dozen tries. Doesn't feel like an accomplishment though.

The game is extremely overtuned early on. You face level 5 enemies or enemies way more equipped than they should be for your level. I don't know why owlcat thinks this is good game design, there is barely even any reward for beating this overtuned fights too. The game also just gets progressively easier later.

In the maze you are fighting mobs that can hit you for 30+ damage with masterwork or composite weapons and immediately one hit kill even the paladin in your party with no outplay if you don't have hard CC. Why are we level 2 fighting characters that are level 5+ with such weapons?

This wasn't my experience at all and I played a two-handed fighter on core so no extra cc. I died 3 times to the water elemental but that was it for the maze.

What difficulty level are you playing on?

If you play on core or above it's very RNG--as tabletop rulesets tend to be. Difference between a crit roll and a not crit roll can be your entire health pool as a very tanky level 3~ fighter.

I think Owlcat's design is to make Core+ overtuned though, since they expect the people playing on that to use all the dirty tricks that make any difficulty a joke. Normal on the other hand is a total faceroll.

If you play autoleveled toons with 12 on every stat then put your extra in your main stats and use your spells and abilities you have to work hard to die after level four on Core. RNG is irrelevant by level seven at the latest.

Reality is not that bad. You guys should try it some time. These games are easier than Icewind Dale.

That's literally what I said in my post. "For this level, RNG crits can do more damage than you will have in HP". He was talking about early game.

K my bad I wiped on Elemental last night on a 20 19 then 18 2 on Save. RNG is corner case tho and once you’ve got Ember and Protective Luck or Image on Wolj can largely take that out.

Desiderius

Patron
Ramien is Invis but should show up to a decent Perception check. Huleuun is SW of the Vrock Tower Purple Knife.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
How dangerous anti-rest mechanic is? I rested only once in the maze so far and I wanna rest more because some trash mobs just obliterated me one by one ^_^
To the best of my knowledge and as far as I understood from the tutorial, every large map (and, honestly, some of the smaller ones too) have been designed around the idea that you ought to rest ONCE. There are a few where it might be necessary to rest more than once, but that is up to your discretion, of course.

The danger in the anti-rest mechanic is actually the UI itself, comically. Do not allow it to select the time frame of rest for you, and always rest for minimum, while making sure you have someone competent running anti-corruption, and you should be fine. As for the consequences for abusing the system... I leave that up to you to find out. It starts cute. It ends poorly. :)

Thonius

Arcane
Lol, 24 hours after release and 1 in 200 have beat the Elemental in the Prologue on Core or above.

gpja26k.jpg

This might game might finally provide an achievement to supplant 'beating POE on Expert' as my rarest one.
Add 1.6% from GOG.
It's pretty easy to kill it... use defensive fighting on Selah and then just shot it.
And Achievement is bugged for me somehow. Playing on Core with extra mean AI (fucker like to finish your downed dudes) killed it played further decided to check - NOPE, don't have it.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I've just run into Nenio. I love the fact that now I can get retarded animu writing and western pozz all in one game. WOTR is truly an RPG to end all RPGs.

Zeriel

Arcane
Is there really a 3 day timer on the early city section before you miss stuff? 'Cause resting once took 2 days and I'd realllllly like to rest again, but all I've done is clear the central market.

It used to be super short timers in the beta but it seems like they changed it in the release to be on the other side of super forgiving.

Zeriel

Arcane
Lol, 24 hours after release and 1 in 200 have beat the Elemental in the Prologue on Core or above.

gpja26k.jpg

This might game might finally provide an achievement to supplant 'beating POE on Expert' as my rarest one.
Add 1.6% from GOG.
It's pretty easy to kill it... use defensive fighting on Selah and then just shot it.
And Achievement is bugged for me somehow. Playing on Core with extra mean AI (fucker like to finish your downed dudes) killed it played further decided to check - NOPE, don't have it.

Did you check that your difficulty is still on Core? It might have went to Custom.

jackofshadows

Magister
And while you will find people like us complaining in our own spaces, we don't go and yell at them on Twitter every other day to make things more based.
Wasn't there quote somewhere about them reading the Codex?
If you've made changes, even increasing ones it changes to custom. Dude, it's not rocket science.

Zeriel

Arcane
And while you will find people like us complaining in our own spaces, we don't go and yell at them on Twitter every other day to make things more based.
Wasn't there quote somewhere about them reading the Codex?
If you've made changes, even increasing ones it changes to custom. Dude, it's not rocket science.

How did that turn out with Larian? :M

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Ramien is Invis but should show up to a decent Perception check. Huleuun is SW of the Vrock Tower Purple Knife.

Yeah I have decent per on two chars, combed the area back and forth for ages. I even Toy Boxed a communal see invisibility scroll. No luck. Also Hulrun (the inquisitor who gave me the quest) wasn't in the market square area either any more, and I doubt he was supposed to be invis. Summat went wrong.

I'm encountering a few glitches here and there now - like the respec system not working properly. They definitely polished up the very beginning experience, but it starts to fray around the edges a bit by lvl 4-5.

Zeriel

Arcane

gpja26k.jpg

FWIW I don't think it's about that being hard on Core, it's just about most people leaving it on Normal and not caring. If your game defaults to Normal and there are achievements for Core+, then most people will never even care/try for those.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I've just run into Nenio. I love the fact that now I can get retarded animu writing and western pozz all in one game. WOTR is truly an RPG to end all RPGs.
Nenio from her starting dialogue is just a weirder and worse Jubilost, maybe she changes but eh

Zeriel

Arcane
Oh thank god I can ignore it then, I was worried it was for some super epic hidden ending like Nyrissa

Acrux

Arcane
Boy, I sure do miss fantasy characters in a fantasy setting speaking in an old-timey or some other appropriate fashion.

:majordecline:

Yeah... Instead you are literally surrounded by modern cucks, redditors, trannies and lesbians. What the fuck is this game?

Honestly, devs get bullied into doing this largely. Don't get me wrong, they are libcucks themselves, but if you google stuff about this game you can find twitter threads where people are yelling at them for not making the portraits pozzed enough, so the pressure is there. And while you will find people like us complaining in our own spaces, we don't go and yell at them on Twitter every other day to make things more based.

Maybe that's the problem, then.

Desiderius

Patron
How dangerous anti-rest mechanic is? I rested only once in the maze so far and I wanna rest more because some trash mobs just obliterated me one by one ^_^
To the best of my knowledge and as far as I understood from the tutorial, every large map (and, honestly, some of the smaller ones too) have been designed around the idea that you ought to rest ONCE. There are a few where it might be necessary to rest more than once, but that is up to your discretion, of course.

The danger in the anti-rest mechanic is actually the UI itself, comically. Do not allow it to select the time frame of rest for you, and always rest for minimum, while making sure you have someone competent running anti-corruption, and you should be fine. As for the consequences for abusing the system... I leave that up to you to find out. It starts cute. It ends poorly. :)

Should be able to rest three or four times per map, and on the bigger maps there are recharge stations that let you rest more. And it only rests you multiple times if you don’t have much healing which you can get away with in Maze but not so much after.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom