Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Vatnik Wumao
No! Progressive do not soup kitchen because they do expend family trust at millenial poop kitchen! They do!

You guys think Anonymous Wife Scholar needs help? Like, there's actually a "Help! I was kidnapped by Martians and they're lubing up the probe as I type this!" message encoded somewhere in that drivel?
Alas, 4chan brainrot is irreversible.

I was just checking the achievement list on Steam, ordered by percentage, and I noticed one called Prelate's nemesis about killing the Nabasu demon in the streets of Kenabres at core difficulty or more...
Well, I actually did it (Market, when you fight the necromant shopkeeper the first time) and the achievement didn't unlock.

Is there more than one or is it just bugged?

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
One other thing that is slightly annoying is the UI button placement. The inspection and select-all buttons should be over near the character portraits, where the stealth and AI buttons are.

Parabalus

Arcane
They seem to have significantly increased travel speed on the map, something like 3x from the beta. Much less fatigue.

His Dudeness

Augur
Well so far it is a janky mess, much like its predecessor.

The pacing is jarring, the story is simple but delivered in the most convoluted way and the characters are all archetypical

There is a new mechanic which is barely explained in order to avoid rest-scumming, but by 50 minutes of gameplay I had 30 potions and a party of martial characters that seldom needed to use their daily abilities, which ended up achieving the same result.

The difficulty is the same as Kingmaker, that is: if you have a string of bad rolls you most likely lose the fight. The water elemental is a great example. First fight I got critted two times and lost my whole party, the second time it missed most of its attacks and I easily won.

During turn based combat the game will experience weird speed spikes, where a character will slowly walk towards its target only for the attack to be resolved in an instant (with a glitchy animation). The camera will start moving the second the character starts the animation, resulting in having to check the combat log almost all the time to see damage done and other information.

Rotating the camera is pretty good, as well as the new character models, which are more detailed. The game is fun.

Parabalus

Arcane
One other thing that is slightly annoying is the UI button placement. The inspection and select-all buttons should be over near the character portraits, where the stealth and AI buttons are.

Stealth and AI are the worst because they have no hotkeys, just press it for inspect.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Yeah I'm not obsessed with culture war shit like a lot of you.

Of course you are not. This means you are either a) a completely clueless normie (unlikely) or b) a somewhat more apathetic shit-lib who doesn't have to live next to, interact with, or be a part of any of the destructive decision making of your more activist / aggressive brethren that you are well aware of, but blissfully ignore since you are far removed from the consequences. It is easy to be non-committal when imported nigs and other assorted low IQ society drainers are not your neighbors. When your child isn't force fed drag queen story hour and Heather Has Two Mommies 24x7x365 from Kindergarten through College.

Said another way-- You are a useless eater consoomer and a fence sitter and should get the bullet by either one side or the other for your pathetic apathetic and quite frankly immoral stance. More clear now???

Last edited:

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
i knew it. i goddamn fucking knew that this moveable camera shit was a waste of time only going to make the pathfinding worse. :argh:

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

Stealth and AI are the worst because they have no hotkeys, just press it for inspect.

It is a --baffling-- oversight, especially stealth. The fact that a mod had to be made with Unity Mod Manager to enable a stealth hotkey and they STILL don't have one in the 2nd game. Does. Not. Compute.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Is it? Black female paladins? Even in a Russian game? Is there no escape from this shit? Is that really our life now?
What, you want us to save the West? Why are we obliged to save you from yourselves, instead of pocketing your twitter money?

And it's not "truly" a Ru game. It's a second biggest thing after D&D. And guess what, in D&D, there are now good drow.

This is why I said I want Owlcats to make their own project btw. As a test to see what their true colors are.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Speaking of, what's the most mongrelized class you can come up with?
Just from the top of my head you could make Half-Vampire Crossblooded Sorceror with both Infernal as well as Celestial Bloodlines. Then just pick Dragon Disciple later on. Vampire-Demon-Angel-Dragon.

Parabalus

Arcane
HUGE decline:

Arcane essences now stack, which means they no longer tell you where you found them.

There are 5 in C1, and you really want to find them for spoilery reasons.

GrainWetski

Arcane
People ( writers ) should really learn from the best when they are trying to do grimdark and serious games. They should look into Iron Tower games, Battle Brothers, Black Company books, Prince of Thorns, and maybe even Hemingway. Less is more, alas they are paid per word.
It sucks that the bigger RPG developers are seemingly allergic to making serious games. Everything's gotta be a childish, retarded Marvel movie quipfest. Doesn't matter if it's about the end of the world when everyone's cracking jokes 3 seconds after a child was beheaded by a demon.

If they don't take the writing seriously, why should anyone? I certainly can't.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Game is good. Playing a martial druid. Found a nice ring for Camilla and she can tank surprisingly good. Let me get rid of seelah for even more spell casters. Party filled with 6 9th circle spell casters? Yes.

Just finished the tavern fight on core with additional behavior and having 4 cross bow users stand behind the defenders and shoot everything with the crossbows crazy range made it really easy. Tavern fight was real good and it wasn't even the final battle of the chapter.

Last edited:
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
One more thing. Are classes assigned to people at random now? Camellia is a sheltered noble living in a big city, how did she become a Shaman? Llann is a Zen Archer which is a subclass of a monk, but as far as I can tell he was never in a monastic order. Daeran spends most of his time partying but he's also an oracle? Do these words mean anything anymore?

Thonius

Arcane
People ( writers ) should really learn from the best when they are trying to do grimdark and serious games. They should look into Iron Tower games, Battle Brothers, Black Company books, Prince of Thorns, and maybe even Hemingway. Less is more, alas they are paid per word.
It sucks that the bigger RPG developers are seemingly allergic to making serious games. Everything's gotta be a childish, retarded Marvel movie quipfest. Doesn't matter if it's about the end of the world when everyone's cracking jokes 3 seconds after a child was beheaded by a demon.

If they don't take the writing seriously, why should anyone? I certainly can't.
Worst of all they really dig "comic relief" everyone and their mother want's to joke around for cheap points.

Saravan

Savant
6UySvLW.png

No clue what I'm supposed to be doing here (you just take damage when you try to clear the blockage).

Re-enter the zone and stand still for 10-20 secs.

Parabalus

Arcane
One more thing. Are classes assigned to people at random now? Camellia is a sheltered noble living in a big city, how did she become a Shaman? Llann is a Zen Archer which is a subclass of a monk, but as far as I can tell he was never in a monastic order. Daeran spends most of his time partying but he's also an oracle? Do these words mean anything anymore?

They all make sense, but you have to play more to find out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom