Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Venting time:

The whole anomalies/bolts thing is a mild annoyance that combined with the awful pathfinding and poor companion control becomes beyond idiotic.
Add to that the fact that making time-based minigames is completely incoherent inside a turn-based game... What the fuck where they thinking when they implemented this?

It's almost as retarded as using a slider to choose quantities.

CadmusLabs

Rant over.

I'm actually loving the game, but these design flaws become grating after the hours start piling up.

jackofshadows

Magister
when do you get train? tired of renting houses and dont have enuf money to buy one
Idk yet but you can just click CAMP on global map and get access to the magical personal box and a sleeping bag. Such old-school hardcore, jeez.

Cromwell

Arcane
How's the game fellas? Worth a buy for storyfags?

yes.

I cant seem to change my psi skills on the hobar, does anyone know how to do that? I started with very high psy but still only have 3 fixed skills there instead of all the skills I have acess to. Some slots are locked and I just assumed that it means I have to uograde the weapon but I cant even use skills I have unlocked.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

yes.

I cant seem to change my psi skills on the hobar, does anyone know how to do that? I started with very high psy but still only have 3 fixed skills there instead of all the skills I have acess to. Some slots are locked and I just assumed that it means I have to uograde the weapon but I cant even use skills I have unlocked.
Get another glove or something. Think Jinn had the same issue.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet

yes.

Skills get added automatically depending on your skill lvl and type of glove.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Got a question. The skull icon, what does it mean? Got into a battle and one corpse got the skull but not the rest. Was it because they were killed by my allies? And besides that does the skull icon mean anything except cluttering up the view?

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think it is just there to show there is a lootable corpse... not sure if it goes away once all the loot is gone. definitely has nothing to do w/ allies as I saw it all the time in the prologue when you are solo

Alphons

Cipher
I'm currently on the fence whether to buy, so I would appreciate some answers:

• Is crafting intrusive (thousands of components in every barrel, best stuff locked behind crafting)? Or is it safe to ignore?
  • How's item placement in general? Do enemies really don't drop their equipment?
  • Fatigue, Hunger, Thirst- a cool mechanic or major annoyance? Can they be turned off?
  • How's the skill/ stat balance? I saw some min/max advices on previous pages, but how does it look further into the game? Is every skill worth investing into or are there some worthless skills like Fallout Traps and Gambling?
  • How's the C&C? Does your chosen Wing really affect something or is it just flavour?

bataille

Arcane
Ok, companions are great to have in combat, but it is absolutely retarded that there isn't an option to tell them to stay where they are until you come back to them. Can't navigate anomaly fields without them running after me and getting ripped apart. Probably the most annoying thing I've found in the game so far. If the option does exist, I can't find any evidence of it in the controls or tutorial codex.

There're Divinity OS-style chains that link character portraits. Clicking one stops the companion from following you.

Got a question. The skull icon, what does it mean? Got into a battle and one corpse got the skull but not the rest. Was it because they were killed by my allies? And besides that does the skull icon mean anything except cluttering up the view?

I think it's one of the "evidence" indicators that're supposed to alert NPCs of the transgression committed and make them investigate. It's most likely there to prevent you from picking enemies off one by one.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yo boyz,i just noticed that you could change the numbers biding for the abilities in the options. I just made the social/passive ones in to 1-0 and the combat one in numpad numbers. If people are annoyed like me by not being able to use civil abilities in the quick bar. :salute:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Have to say, so far the game is pretty damn good. I'm getting Fallout vibes from playing. Only problem is that there is a little too much stuff to collect. Many things seems to be useful for upgrading and crafting basic tools. But I guess you figure out what is important soon enough. Combat is not terribly hard I guess, I have not died yet (playing on hardest). But when the creatures gets a nibble there is serious consequences, bleeds, poison etc. I'm going through bandages and medikits pretty fast! I'm playing an engineer with firearm background so that could of course have a huge impact, I mean to someone that goes all talky egg-head for an example.

Writing is solid, none of the Marvel sarcastic zoomer humor. Setting is really cool, it reminds me of Gothic. You are not exactly being thrown into the mysterious dome like in that game, but close to it. There is just a sense of creepy mystery to it, and it's going to be exciting to see how it unravels. Music is great too and creates a really cozy atmosphere.

In other words, a good first impression. I just hope it holds up! Another thing that has to be mentioned - there seems to be a lot of detail to the world. Like when you scan corpses and such. You can read tidbits about who they were, what they died off and so on. Adds to the mystery I think.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom