Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
There's something weird about this sentence.
20211008105615-1.jpg

It's like... people of Golarion just won't stop fucking and eating corpses, unless you bury them.

Lodis

Educated
Can you only fight Nocticula on the Demon path? I want to put that smug slut in her place but I'm not planning to do a Demon playthrough anytime soon.

Mauman

Learned
Can you only fight Nocticula on the Demon path? I want to put that smug slut in her place but I'm not planning to do a Demon playthrough anytime soon.
Trickster can as well.

Dis gonna be good.

Spiritual trivia:
RPG players of all people should know the best that a death is no punishment. Curse that makes one smelling 100 kobold's socks for a year every time they even think of doing a similar thing is. Or a curse that makes one get a diarrhorea everytime they think of doing a similar things is for a few years. Or a curse that makes demon smile and say: "Thank you, you are most kind and I am in your debt." everytime they want do do something evil or intimidate someone.

But that doesn't happen. She literally get's a happy ending.

NOT ON MY WATCH.
stuff

I'll have to do that on my second playthrough. For now, I'm just happy her head adorns my glaive.

Point being though, even if I play an Azata, I will NEVER pick that option. That is unbelievably STUPID to give a disgusting creatures such as her a happy ending.

It's almost as bad as the whole
"Nocticula redemption" bullshit

Werdnicus

Learned
Acid Pit is bugged people
5Ipocvc.png

Sucks people in and deals damage regardless of turn, switch to TB and just watch things die
Enjoy while it lasts

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Zero regrets. I hate that encounter with a burning passion of ten thousand suns.
It's legitimately one of the most broken abilities in the game, if not the most broken one, since it ignores immunity to mind altering effects. Thankfully you only need to pass the save once, and then you're immune for the rest of the fight. But fuck whoever at Paizo thought that doing a 43 DC CHA based fortitude save is a good idea.

Granted, it makes sense that the first of the succubi is a menace when it comes to not being charmed/controlled and become a blabbering fool. The fight with her priestess in the midnight fane already "prepared" you for the bullshit that is to come when you're actually fighting her, and I personally appreciate that she is the only demon lord in the game that doesn't just flop over. But fuck that fight. Made me glad I decided to ally with her, and killing Shamira and asking Nocticula for more power as a reward puts you at Mythic 10 immediately after completing that quest (on top of having the +6/+4 profane bonus already), which makes Act 5 much more enjoyable.

I was a bit disappointed by how much of a joke that entire fight is when you side with her, though, as all the traitors trying to go through with the coup will just get charmed by her (with the exception of the assassin dude) while she rapidfires everyone to bits and pieces in 2-3 turns. I would've expected Shamira to put up more of a fight.
How do you get this early rank 10? Is it in ch4?

ArchAngel

Arcane
So I am at end of Act 4 now with my Lich.
When I talked to Noticula she offered me power and I took it. Angel dude that I told previously to shut up and stop giving me advice got angry and left. Not sure why.. Noticula gave me more power and wants to close the Worldwound, sounds good to me.
Choice at this point seemed to be binary, by taking or rejecting power you decide to ally yourself with her or stay with Angels and Bitch Queen. That was not 100% clear but I stayed with that. Dialogue choices after that was a lot of butt kissing and groveling in front of Noticula which I didn't like. I hope this path still lets me close the Worldwound and kill all Demons out of there while ruling over undead armies that are more efficient that meatbags. Also it will make the Bitch Queen that sent me to Abyss angry.
My Lich certainly does not plan to consider Noticula her boss or ruler or grovel before here. She is doing this for power and because these Demons seem to know more about how to close the Worldwound.

Sheepherder

Augur
I've learned a fun fact about Sohei Flurry. If you have Weapon Training from Fighter levels, you can flurry with any weapon you have Training in. So essentially a 1 level dip in Sohei gives Fighter multiclasses an extra Full-BAB attack (and extra feat + other monk goodies, such as Wis-to-AC).
Nice find!
Do you think Sohei 11 is worth it for an archer? I'm thinking either 4 Mutagen Fighter/1 Demonslayer/2 Eldritch Archer/11 Sohei/2 Deliverer, or 5 Mutagen Fighter/1 Demonslayer/2 Eldritch Archer/1 Sohei/11 Deliverer. Both Angel.
The 11 Sohei version has 11 attacks, 7 of these are at full BAB + Manyshot. But the 11th attack would only come at lvl 18. Until then it'd have the Ki Extra Attacks.
The 11 Deliverer version has 10 attacks, 6 of these are at full BAB + Manyshot. But it has 5 more AB and 3-4 SA dices.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I've learned a fun fact about Sohei Flurry. If you have Weapon Training from Fighter levels, you can flurry with any weapon you have Training in. So essentially a 1 level dip in Sohei gives Fighter multiclasses an extra Full-BAB attack (and extra feat + other monk goodies, such as Wis-to-AC).
Nice find!
Do you think Sohei 11 is worth it for an archer? I'm thinking either 4 Mutagen Fighter/1 Demonslayer/2 Eldritch Archer/11 Sohei/2 Deliverer, or 5 Mutagen Fighter/1 Demonslayer/2 Eldritch Archer/1 Sohei/11 Deliverer. Both Angel.
The 11 Sohei version has 11 attacks, 7 of these are at full BAB + Manyshot. But the 11th attack would only come at lvl 18. Until then it'd have the Ki Extra Attacks.
The 11 Deliverer version has 10 attacks, 6 of these are at full BAB + Manyshot. But it has 5 more AB and 3-4 SA dices.

Well Sohei also gets extra Ki Attack on demand. Still, I'd probably go for more AB and damage.

Sheepherder

Augur
Nice find!

Well Sohei also gets extra Ki Attack on demand. Still, I'd probably go for more AB and damage.
Yeah, after some testing, the Deliverer version looks to be the better option - much much smoother damage output progression. 1-2 attacks fewer in the end but better time overall.
Sohei version still needs Weapon Training for the extra attack to kick in, so I'll have to start with Sohei for 6 levels and deal next to no damage, then get mutagen, then Eldritch Archer, then Sohei again, then Demonslayer. All to get one extra attack at the end plus another one on demand. Deliverer version gets like 6 or 7 attacks at lvl 8.

What about Hammer the Gap? Can it be good with so many full BAB attacks?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom